• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Coming to Chesa fully.

• Thread starter Adolphus Wilhiem
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

Adolphus Wilhiem

Hello,

I am considering coming to Chesa fully, I have been coming for a few EM events but nothing too serious.

To be honest the Castkills RP community makes me sick with their elitism and closed nature and I find myself sitting in my house redecorating more than interacting with people who demand to always be the hero and only want their own story and refuse any actual 'real' RP or interaction and just want their own scripted junk so they can feel powerful. (/rant) Sorry about that... :blushing:

So I am shard shopping, but I think I am going to start from scratch as far as characters are concerned.

So my question is this, how would a new player to the server get involved with the Chesapeake RP community?

What areas are active?

What times are active?

Thank You.

AW

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Welcome !

:)

I play on Siege and here. Sorta been coming back here more myself lately.

Next month will be some big anniversary [13 yrs. I believe] of the PaxLair player run town. . and it has a hefty alliance. I am just a puny part of that alliance but hey..look up all their allies and ya may find a spot to join.

Besides all of us there are many more here whom would be willing to show ye around to get to meet folks in other alliances rpling and so forth. Always check events on this forum too, and attend those to get to meet folks.

Also while it may sound strange, hit many of the town connection *thingies* as I call em. Unfortunately no EMS so we do not have those on Siege, by the Luna Fairgrounds here on Chesapeake though, tis mind boggling how many towns are connected this way.

Tour the player run cities both facets...just be careful which ones ya click on some are Trammel some are Felucca. Personally I prefer both facets of our many player run towns, well worth touring, but some do not venture both facets.

And while tis on an island far away, be sure to tour Pitmuck, there some strange lil creatures there they roleplay too, peculiar as they may be, you may find that they kinda grow on ye ! :)

T

Tancred RedStar

Every shard is unique, but human nature is universal. There's plenty of community drama on Chesapeake, but how you wish to cope with or avoid it is up to you :)

My recommendation is to see when various communities are holding events, meetings, hunts, etc. and go check a number of them out for yourself before making a decision about it.

J

Jane D

Come move to Aryslan. I can use a new male cage dancer since Santa got away.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Come to Chessy. I started on Atlantic and came here in '06 and couldn't be happier. I'm not a RP type of guy, but Chessy has a whole lot for ya. I would recommend Chessy to a friend. I'm just sayin....

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your going to Jane's make sure you bring plenty of ale too!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hey Adolphus you should totally come and play Chesapeake because it rocks!!! Feel free to check out the Ethereal Void Imperium (Information Link) (Imperium Forums)You wont find much in the area of Elitisum with us, we are all very odd, chaotic, creative, explosive, neutral, passionate, virtuous, anti virtuous and did I mention crazy?!?!?

If you need anything my icq is 267944224

Many of the townships and roleplayers are working on the upcoming raresfest at the end of the month. Do you have bartender experience? *Grins*

P

Paschal

I have also played on Atlantic, and recently came back to Chessy from Sonoma, and i have to say the Township System on Chessy is worth it alone. There are few good Townships, most of which are very active. I personally would take my time and look around. Here is a Link to the Ethereal Void Imperium Community. http://etherealvoidimperium.wikispaces.com/
Good Luck!!

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
AARP Yoos kins bisits us anytime.Wees bees da Pitmuck Mob of goblins.Usins teleporter bees da one wif feetz warmers and ice creams.

Ozog of Pitmuck

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't know. I actually don't remember writing that last night. Perhaps I partook a bit too much. Who knows what I was thinking!

G

Gunga_Din

Every shard is unique, but human nature is universal. There's plenty of community drama on Chesapeake, but how you wish to cope with or avoid it is up to you :)

My recommendation is to see when various communities are holding events, meetings, hunts, etc. and go check a number of them out for yourself before making a decision about it.
Drama? lol