• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Coming back to UO, need help with characters...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I frequented Baja as my home shard but after about a 5yr hiatus I want to come back and am moving everyone at one point or another to ATL. That said, most of my characters are just characters but I have two I actually like to "work" with.

My Miner / Lumberjacker & my fisherman.

So what would be ideal skill for these guys using a 720 skill set ?

This is what I can figure out but need help with the rest...

Fisherman (Need to be able to fight & possibly kill whatever monsters / pirates I run in to...)
Fishing 100
Magery 100

Blacksmith / Carpenter
Mining 100
Blacksmith 100
Lumberjack 100
Carpentry 100
Magery 100
Imbuing 100 - 120 ? (Can SS if required and use as needed to free up a skill since using this would make 6 skills with only 1 available.)

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fisherman
Fishing 120
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Eval. Intelligence 120
Lockpicking 100
Hiding 100
Cartography 100

Blacksmith / Carpenter
Magery 120
Meditation 120

ALL crafting skills to 120 and stone what your not using..

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is an old character of mine :

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry
100 (120) Fishing (He hasn't worked this up yet)

I haven't taken him out for a long time, so I don't know about doing pirate ships, but he does well enough against everything else.

It looks to me like your Smith/Carpenter is also going to be a resource gatherer. Are you planning on tossing in Tailoring or any other trade skills on that template? Or just swapping skills in and out as needed? It might be a good idea to put mining and lumberjacking on another character with some combat skills so you can kill the occasional baddie or use prospector's tools and gargoyles pickaxes.

120 Blacksmithing
120 Tailoring
120 Imbuing
100 Carpentry
100 Tinkering
100 Armslore
60 Magery (Use a couple of jewels/spellbooks to raise this if needed)

You could also Soulstone a few other skills just to swap out such as Bowcraft, Music, Alchemy, Inscription, Poisoning, or Cooking.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fisherman
Fishing 120
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Eval. Intelligence 120
Lockpicking 100
Hiding 100
Cartography 100

Blacksmith / Carpenter
Magery 120
Meditation 120

ALL crafting skills to 120 and stone what your not using..
So you wouldn't use say discord / music on the fisher, if I get say a kraken on a fabled I'd like to be able to try and solo it or is that doabl with your build ?

Why cartography ? Last I played, you did a SOS and it was a scroll that comes out with coordinates, not a map.

Also, the way you have the skill tree it works out to 740 and max is 720 skill or did that change while I was gone ?

Will touch base on the other character after we figure out the fisherman.

Thx in advance.

Ps: As far as the fishers main stats go, this is what I figure...

Str.: 110
Dex.: 25
Int.: 125

Total 260 which is 225 base, +5 6 month boost, +25 scroll and +5 valiant commendation scroll.