• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming back to UO after many years away.

Dante1337

Adventurer
Hello all. Going to be returning to UO soon. All my chars are on origin which is a dead server, at least it was when I left. Probably be heading to atlantic since it has a large population. Anyway, was just wondering what the top pvp templates are now? I was mainly a pure/tank mage had a sam archer and necromage as well. any particular template that's op I should be worried about? What are most people running now?

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
K so I had to like both views of LOA :>) both valid points! I will be playing LOA and I will still have 2 UO accts :>) remember, LOA has still not actually survived...or launched

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyone have an answer to the pvp template questions though?
Depends on what you like to play, theres a bunch of hybrid mage templates, 4/6 melee SW templates, Archers/throwers. People play tank mages with splintering weapons and DP, some play mage archers. Versions of deathstrikers are still around.

Dante1337

Adventurer
Well. Turned the account back on and all my chars are gone. So basically just wasted 13 bucks to find out all my stuff is gone. This really sucks as I was looking forward to getting back into a game I used to love. lost all my gold, pvp suits, weapons, tamer pets, but mostly hours of characters builds with 25 stat scrolls and 120 scrolls on all of em. what a waste smh.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well. Turned the account back on and all my chars are gone. So basically just wasted 13 bucks to find out all my stuff is gone. This really sucks as I was looking forward to getting back into a game I used to love. lost all my gold, pvp suits, weapons, tamer pets, but mostly hours of characters builds with 25 stat scrolls and 120 scrolls on all of em. what a waste smh.
Weird, I think you're the only person I've ever heard of that reactivated an account and found no characters there.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Are you sure you looked on the right shard? I've logged into the wrong one before by accident.
Are you sure you didn't share your account details with anyone?
The only people I've met that said their account was cleaned out also had given 'friends' permission to use it.
Was the account always yours? Quite a few deactivated 'bought' accounts have been recovered by their original owners.
My husband and I were gone for at least 5 years and all our characters and items were still there when we returned, luckily we had moved everything to the bank/beetles and destroyed our houses before leaving.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Weird, I think you're the only person I've ever heard of that reactivated an account and found no characters there.
I'm pretty sure he got hacked at some point. Every time there is a "Return to Britannia" I've encountered quite a few people who come back and find out all their stuff was looted and their account was destroyed by another player at some point while they were gone.

It's especially prevalent during RTB, because the hacker doesn't even have to pay for the game time code to turn on and loot the account... they can just log in for free after brute-forcing the password, take everything, and delete all the characters.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Perhaps email support or get in touch with @Mesanna ?

Also, just curious, how long ago was it that you played? PVP and PVM have changed a lot the last few years.

Good luck and welcome back!

So dissenting opinions and alternate suggestions are not allowed here? I see....
It's one thing to politely suggest another game, its another thing to say "play X instead of UO" on a UO forum... especially to a returning player who just came back. Please refrain from this in the future.

Dante1337

Adventurer
just got off the phone with EA my dumb ass was in the wrong account. Dont even remember having a second account but it was one i found written down so i figured it was my original. Got my original account back. sadly im at work and have to wait to get home to check if all my stuff is still there. Fingers crossed. I must have made the second one as a trial to do something with duel client at some point.

Dante1337

Adventurer
Perhaps email support or get in touch with @Mesanna ?

Also, just curious, how long ago was it that you played? PVP and PVM have changed a lot the last few years.

Good luck and welcome back!
was probably back in 2011 last time I played merlin. Thanks for the welcome back. hopefully my chars are still there ima move to atlantic get to work on updated gear and hopefully get back into it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just got off the phone with EA my dumb ass was in the wrong account. Dont even remember having a second account but it was one i found written down so i figured it was my original. Got my original account back. sadly im at work and have to wait to get home to check if all my stuff is still there. Fingers crossed. I must have made the second one as a trial to do something with duel client at some point.
Possibly it was just a house holder account...

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try Legends of Aria rather than UO at this point. Its UO2 .
I bought into Aria like a couple months ago played it for like a week and it felt like UO, but I am not getting my hopes up till the final launch. Might give it another shot in beta just to get another feel for the game, but if pvp resembles UO I won't look back.

Last edited:

Dante1337

Adventurer
I bought into Aria like a couple months ago played it for like a week and it felt like UO, but I am not getting my hopes up till the final launch. Might give it another shot in beta just to get another feel for the game, but if pvp resembles UO I won't look back.
Yea ill try it when the final version comes out. if its like old uo pvp ill be all in.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That's great news! It is pretty rare for characters to spontaneously combust...:p

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's great news! It is pretty rare for characters to spontaneously combust...:p
Though it did happen to me...when Origin first opened I ran auctions and had one account specifically for the auction house and auctioneer. I kept all of the items on that character and no one EVER had access to that account...I didn't even link it when that became a thing....last RtB I logged in and it was empty...no chars or anything and I KNOW I was not hacked.

I had not logged into that account in over 9 years so I just assumed that everything got deleted somehow even though they say they never have or ever will do that.

I was very sad because I had some of the original pieces of blackrock on her :(

Dante1337

Adventurer
Though it did happen to me...when Origin first opened I ran auctions and had one account specifically for the auction house and auctioneer. I kept all of the items on that character and no one EVER had access to that account...I didn't even link it when that became a thing....last RtB I logged in and it was empty...no chars or anything and I KNOW I was not hacked.

I had not logged into that account in over 9 years so I just assumed that everything got deleted somehow even though they say they never have or ever will do that.

That sucks larissa

Dante1337

Adventurer
Can someone link to where I can find information on the caps for things like lmc, sdi, mana regen etc etc for pvp. dont see it on uo.com guide. trying to figure out the best way to get my suits up to date.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I really dont see them deleteing characters. I've never had it happen with any old account and I have a few. You might not have been hacked but you would never know if someone bruteforced your login info unless you activated the account. To be safe if you use that particular login info for anything else I would change it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I really dont see them deleteing characters. I've never had it happen with any old account and I have a few. You might not have been hacked but you would never know if someone bruteforced your login info unless you activated the account. To be safe if you use that particular login info for anything else I would change it.
No way that could happen either because I am VERY anal about my passwords.

Let me give you an example.....

Yesterday I bought five pounds of Honey ham at the local grocery store for only one dollar and eighty seven cents!

Password is the sentence.....

YiB5pOhHaTlGsFo1Da87C!

I would write the sentence on my cheat cheat.....nothing else...just a piece of paper with random sentences on it...

Brute force THAT! ;)

Which is why I 100% believe that somewhere along the lines, accounts were wiped if they were not used in X amount of years.

No other explanation as far as I am concerned lol

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone link to where I can find information on the caps for things like lmc, sdi, mana regen etc etc for pvp. dont see it on uo.com guide. trying to figure out the best way to get my suits up to date.
I'd start with uoguide.com - lower mana cost, spell damage increase, etc

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Which is why I 100% believe that somewhere along the lines, accounts were wiped if they were not used in X amount of years.

When the account management came out, it totally deleted a few of my cousins accounts, they no longer exist

Also a guild member had characters appear on his account on other shards. He never had any chars on other shards
Also his main account he was storing his holiday items in the bank box & it all disappeared

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No way that could happen either because I am VERY anal about my passwords.

Let me give you an example.....

Yesterday I bought five pounds of Honey ham at the local grocery store for only one dollar and eighty seven cents!

Password is the sentence.....

YiB5pOhHaTlGsFo1Da87C!

I would write the sentence on my cheat cheat.....nothing else...just a piece of paper with random sentences on it...

Brute force THAT! ;)

Quite i possible i think, when i came back a few months ago i had all my char's, but half the stuff i had on them(including parts of the suits they were wearing) was gone. This included soul stones, powerscrolls(lost all them). and rare items. It did not bother too much since i was not really expecting to be able to retrieve account a tall. But you do not know what they were doing at UO doing that time, i figured data got corrupted sometime after i left.

Dante1337

Adventurer
Quite i possible i think, when i came back a few months ago i had all my char's, but half the stuff i had on them(including parts of the suits they were wearing) was gone. This included soul stones, powerscrolls(lost all them). and rare items. It did not bother too much since i was not really expecting to be able to retrieve account a tall. But you do not know what they were doing at UO doing that time, i figured data got corrupted sometime after i left.
yeah thats ones thing i cant find is my soul stones, Its possible from the first time i sold the account that the brokers just trashed them with the house but who knows.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I remember WAY back getting an email that if I didn't play again my storage would be wiped. It was so long ago I don't even remember. When I did come back I had my characters and what they were wearing and that was it. I'm guessing maybe 15 years ago.