• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming back after long break, could use some help getting re-started...

• Thread starter imported_RFrost
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_RFrost

Hi Everyone,

I'm coming back to UO after a very long break. (My last game code was Renaissance). It's like starting over and I'm a little overwhelmed.

I was very used to the 2d client and UOAssist and UAAutoMap (my accounts are from 98). Do people still use that? Is the 3D client that much better? When I left, 3D was new and not very good or attractive.

Also, I've done some searching, does anyone know how I can DL the two clients - I have all the licensing codes - but no installs.

Last but not least, any good places for me to start re-educating myself? I recall in the past, there were a lot of outdated sites for info - are any being actively maintained?

Thanks everyone,
Reyka