• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Combining Runic Hammers

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some friends on LA asked me to post this, since it took them a while through trial and error, and no one noted this before (that I saw) during the testing or in the Publish notes.

To combine runic hammers, it takes an Imbuer, not a smith or tinker - and it has to be done at a Soulforge. It works similar to combining stacks of ore.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears to be classed as a part of reforging, therefore it takes the same skill to achieve it. Slightly unexpected.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Yeah I'll admit I was a little disappointed at the changes for Reforging, I thought for a moment they were making a method for the run of the mill crafter to compete with the Imbuing crafter, no such luck though, they made reforging Imbuing as well. The Imbuing to combine the smith hammers though is a bit confusing, that should be changed, to like a drag down menu like digging for Stone/Gems, to combine the hammers.

Don't get me wrong I have both an Imbuer and a Crafter so it's all good but for those that don't have both it can be a bit unfair to the normal crafter imo.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are some benefits to reforging over crafting...

Simply, some of the prefix/suffix groups have properties runics don't give.

So, while to me, it seemed that the item intensity was roughly the same as what I would expect from the runic type, the properties were something else.

For example, I made a Katana with an agapite hammer that has "Hit Fatigue 30%", in addition to 3 other properties and DI.

Choosing a runic that gives prefix and suffix gives you a lot more control.

Fink

Visitor
To combine runic hammers, it takes an Imbuer, not a smith or tinker - and it has to be done at a Soulforge. It works similar to combining stacks of ore.
How much Imbuing do you need to combine hammers? Is there a chance to fail at lower skill? My Smith isn't my Artificer, but if it only takes some basic Imbuing points to combine hammers I'd consider dropping Arms Lore for it, as Arms Lore often seems moot with Imbuing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure - and I'm not sure how to test it without putting a bag of fresh runics on a character and copying to test.

And, I've already combined all of my runics to save house space, so I can't really help in that regard.

Anyone wanna test it?