• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Colour of the boat

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own a Tokuno boat, purple.
Until yesterday :(
Now i go online, go to my boat and surprise.. it's dark brown.
Another bug or the colour changes after some days?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shipborne Travel and Adventure
Customizing

Having named your ship, you may also decide to give it a coat of paint, or two, or even three. Boat paint is bought from a boat painter, found on Sea Market. Each tub of paint will cover the boat once, subsequent tubs will deepen the color, up to a maximum of three. The grey paint being the exception. Five coats of this can be applied, giving an almost black boat. The boat painter also sells paint remover if you are unhappy with the results. Sea air is harsh and causes paint to fade (by one shade). You will need to re-apply every 2 weeks to maintain your ship's chosen color.

covert

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two week thing has definitely been incorrect so far in my experience.

I'm just going to live with the default color now. It's a silly gold sink.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah - mine stayed 3 coats green for 6 weeks, and went from that straight to Brown, without fading.

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thanks. I was afraid it was yet another bug that char ( my elf fisherman see dark)

J

jpullen8874

I was wondering the same thing. Now that I know it it temporary I will not spend any more money on it. Kinda silly really...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is 30k every 2 weeks alot to people? With only one fishing boat I haven't really noticed it as 'expensive'.