• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Collecting seeds of renewal

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My imbuing addiction has me burning through resources. Most aren't hard to collect or sell at a reasonable price. But I haven't figured out a good way to collect seeds of renewal.

So here is my question... Is gardening an effective way to collect seeds of renewal for the effort?

I've never done any plant growing. So I'd have to learn the system. Is it worth my time for these special seeds? Or should I do something else, collect gold, and keep buying them?

Thanks for the advice.

-OBSIDIAN-

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My imbuing addiction has me burning through resources. Most aren't hard to collect or sell at a reasonable price. But I haven't figured out a good way to collect seeds of renewal.

So here is my question... Is gardening an effective way to collect seeds of renewal for the effort?

I've never done any plant growing. So I'd have to learn the system. Is it worth my time for these special seeds? Or should I do something else, collect gold, and keep buying them?

Thanks for the advice.

-OBSIDIAN-
I bet that gardening is the best way. I dont do it my self since i find it so utterly boring but i have guildies that does and they seems to get good amounts that way.
Maybe someone ellse will give a better answer :p

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I grew plants maybe 6 years ago, and then when i found out i could get seeds i thought id set up another grow room.
Well, i planted maybe 40 plants, and at the end of the 10 days i think i got maybe 6 seeds. Maybe it was just bad luck, but after that i was just like "well thats not worth it." Just checking each plant and adding the needed potions is very time consuming. I know people who care for 100s of plants, i dont know how they can do it.
If you enjoy UO gardening, and like to grow plants not just for the seeds (as i did) but also to cross-polinate to get rare colors you can make into dyes then i would suggest it, but otherwise i think the quickest way is still to bash rats with your favorite rat stick in cavern of the discarded. (or do anything to make gold / buy the seeds)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same thought so over easter while i was off i grew ~1000 plants. It took about 4 hours each day to water and care for them, every day for 3 weeks! I ended up with just over 300 seeds.

Doing the maths, thats ~30mill for 70+ hours of watering, plus all the regents it took to make all the potions.

If you have the time each day to care for them its a stady supply of seeds and rare seeds for dyes. The only issues is it kinda gets addictive and youll find yourself growing all the rare seeds to make the dyes and so on...

Thunderz

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I grow a lot of plants for green thorns, orange petals and seeds of renewal. The seed of renewal rate is around 5% of all seeds created by your plants.