• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cold Drake build

Traleah

Visitor
I am at the point of placing the final points on my cold drake. I have 1461 points remaining to use. From reading the forums, it seems that Chivalry/Armor Ignore are the two specials to add. Is this still the best choice? Also, what about Chiv/AI/Armor Pierce? Are there other viable suggestions? I normally play solo or with one other person. I my tamer is "old style" with Vet, Lore, Taming, Magery, Eval Int, Med. Sometimes, I will use Music/Peace.
Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG Capture7.PNG
I read somewhere on this forum that 13 was the stamina regeneration number that would keep stamina and dexterity at 100%, but I already had mine at 20 by the time I read that post, and I'm happy with it this way thus far.

Should I add extra points anywhere, such as Intelligence, Mana, or Strength?

I read that these pets were somehow "squishy" but am not sure what that means, technically.

I appreciate any suggestions.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor Ignore/Chiv has been my favorite build as of late. I max Strength, 500 mana (sometimes a little over because of point allocation, usually goes to 504 which is ultimately negligible), and varying amounts of HP.

This is for one of the Nightmares I trained up on LS, since Strength caps at 700: Pet Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com

Pet Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com - the same scrolled skills, but with a Prepatch WW. As a comparison, my sampires on LS usually hit for 144-162, while my EM Event throwers can hit for damage that surpasses even pets (I've seen 300 damage Armor Ignores on occasion.) While pets don't have the sustain of a sampire/thrower (mana leech/wraith form), if you want a quick burst damage window, they are a much better option.

As far as Stamina Regen, I personally don't see a need for it. I've never had stamina issues on pets so long as you keep their health up, whether from consume damage or casting/vetting. When their health starts dropping and they start running/flying away, that's when stamina starts dropping. It's easily fixed by healing them back up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Max the Str then 370 intel.

Put on AI/Chiv and scrolls you want to use. Then go kill stuff.

Traleah

Visitor
Thank you, drcossack and Pawain. I will stick with the Armor Ignore/Chivalry and will bump Intel up further and max the strength.