• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cog levels

S

susan4633

ok i KNOW my cog levels. i am in a vp right now. we lured a 10 mingler. lilac caked him with ORGANIC cake. he didn't die. we had to pie him. granted we have a toon who obviously is having problems since he hasn't played a gag since we lined up, and the lag is wicked, but the lured 10 didn't die after being hit with a 110 cake. is anyone else having this kind of issue?

F

Fangs McWolf

ok i KNOW my cog levels. i am in a vp right now. we lured a 10 mingler. lilac caked him with ORGANIC cake. he didn't die. we had to pie him. granted we have a toon who obviously is having problems since he hasn't played a gag since we lined up, and the lag is wicked, but the lured 10 didn't die after being hit with a 110 cake. is anyone else having this kind of issue?
Did he jump backwards and get the 55 bonus damage? If not then that's why.

Cog hit points, without using a chart, is enough enough to figure out.

CHP = (Cog level + 1) * (Cog level + 2)

Level 10 = 11 * 12 = 132 points.

Maxed storm and maxed hose will kill a 10 every time (unless they miss), even without the lure bonus.

S

susan4633

but wolfie....it was the right side cog,in the vp, he was lured. i SHOULD have had the bonus.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet he was one of the last cogs (but not THE last). And I bet he was actually intended for the other side, but you finished your cogs before they did. In this case, the cogs act like 2nd round building cogs and defy the lure rules.

F

Fangs McWolf

but wolfie....it was the right side cog,in the vp, he was lured. i SHOULD have had the bonus.
Doesn't always work. When in a boss battle, keep in mind that the lure may fail, regardless of how you're used to things working.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maxed storm and maxed hose will kill a 10 every time (unless they miss), even without the lure bonus.

We were in the bullion mint. Hit a lured level 10 cog with a maxed storm and 2 hoses (at least one of which I am sure is maxed) and the cog survived.

F

Fangs McWolf

We were in the bullion mint. Hit a lured level 10 cog with a maxed storm and 2 hoses (at least one of which I am sure is maxed) and the cog survived.
How do you know the storm was maxed?

But to verify what I said.. A level 10 cog (10+1) * (10+2) = 132 hit points.

Maxed hose and storm = 30 + 80 = 110, add in the same gag track bonus (20%, giving you 22 points) and you have 110 + 22 = 132 points.

Now, with the exception of flukes in TT (they do happen, no matter how much Disney tries to deny it), usually little things can be figured out.

If I were to take a guess for your situation, I would say that either it was a fluke, or it was an 10 with an extreme weak storm OR an 11 with a not-yet-maxed storm.

Level 10, even with 2 maxed hose, the storm would have to do at least 50 damage to kill the 10.
Level 11, with one of the hoses maxed, then the other hose (may) not have been maxed, but the storm certainly couldn't have been.

Both of these are ignoring the possible lure bonus.

What exactly happened, I don't know because I wasn't there and didn't see it for myself. I can only speculate. But under normal circumstances, it should have worked if all 3 gags were maxed.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I were to take a guess for your situation, I would say that either it was a fluke, or it was an 10 with an extreme weak storm OR an 11 with a not-yet-maxed storm.
If *I* were to take a guess, I'd say it was a TT fluke where either the storm or the hoses missed.

S

SuperMac

Well, I can't go into as much detail about it, but a group I was doing bullions with (endlessly it seemed!!) also commented that something seemed off with the level 10 cogs and the b-day cakes. I didn't pay much attention until reading your post, Susan, but now that you mention it, there may be something to it.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you know the storm was maxed?
It was the gag I used. ;) So that would have been an 80 right there.

What exactly happened, I don't know because I wasn't there and didn't see it for myself. I can only speculate. But under normal circumstances, it should have worked if all 3 gags were maxed.

We were 4 toons going into the bullion but i think the other one disconnected at some point and there were only 3 of us left.

Sorry about the details, it happened the other night. Can't recall in which part of the mint or if there were 2 or 3 cogs left in the lineup. All we are certain of is that it was a level 10 cog and lured.

The storm was LD's and the other 2 toons both used hose. I wasn't paying attention to the numbers but I'm sure there was no "missed" during the hits. At some point afterwards, one of the other toons chose to use the geyser, hence my assumption of at least one maxed hose.

F

Flippers

Susan, there are conditions where the VP cog won't have a bonus. The theory is if they take too long on the other side, your side gets their cogs and they tend to be resistent. Since near the end most tend to overkill (like two cakes or two clouds), we sometimes won't notice it.

B

Bumbledogswirls

look at "advanced luring" on the tt portion of the site

Susan, there are conditions where the VP cog won't have a bonus. The theory is if they take too long on the other side, your side gets their cogs and they tend to be resistent. Since near the end most tend to overkill (like two cakes or two clouds), we sometimes won't notice it.
four full organic pianos on a level one cold collar. That is the best feeling in the world.

F

Flippers

Those 4 pianos missing... Kills the fun of it, even if you do it again.
WHAT??? If four organic pianos missed a level 1 Cold Caller and he did the wiggle fingers by his ears I'd be on the floor with hysterics. It would be so amusingly ironic. And then he'd be trying to hurt us which is even funnier.

H

Holocog

We Had a problem just like that! Organic Hypno Goggles Missed A lv 2 Short Change!!! We were so Confused! We actually thought it might be a lv 12 in disguise!:gun::stir: