• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cocoa trees?

• Thread starter imported_Fran Fury
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Fran Fury

Thank you to Kittykat for asking what all gardeners having been wondering.
<blockquote><hr>

Brannoc - *kittykat* Will gardening every get any love, like new plants, resources, or even the fabled 5th generation?
Draconi - Well, one fun addition in the next publish will be cocoa trees, including appropriate seeds - this should go nicely with the coming additions to chocolatiering as well! (What, you thought we'd spoil everything at once?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That was from the HOC chat log. I for one am very excited about cocoa trees and new seeds. Should be very interesting.Also wanted to add that the "next publish" he is referring to is the one AFTER the Valentines one.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YAY me too!! Can't wait to see what they look like, if there are different types of seeds!

Also, this is so nice for non-combat chef types - looks like there will be other ways to get chocolate ingredients besides killing paragons.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

G

I am so happy about this as a gardener and chef. *renews gardening account*

Thanks kittykat!

G

A 5th generation? Ugh, now I need to rearrange my garden set up! And how is this gonna affect my rooftop jungle?!?! Woohoo!!! more plants!

Rey~

G

Anyone know if it's actually part of a 5th generation, or just a new addition like bonsai trees were?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't know for certain, but my impression is that they aren't 5th gen, but a separate group of seeds/plants.

However, they should produce some resource, like cacao pods, unlike bonsai. No idea if they'll produce seeds as well or if there will be more than one type of tree. We won't have to wait long to find out though.

If the devs continue down this logical path of linking gardening and cooking, many neat things could happen for people interested in both specialties

G

So exciting I can hardly wait...my gardener and chef is drooling at the possibilities.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We don't know for certain, but my impression is that they aren't 5th gen, but a separate group of seeds/plants.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm thinking, too. I agree they should continue linking plants and cooking. Both professions have been in limbo too long. I just hope they finally give us that 5th generation. The interest in rubble plants should let them see that people want new plants to deco with.