• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cocoa Trees ... it happend again!

Selistrana

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Now i am really ultra mad. Last time (2-3 Weeks ago) i had 36 Cocoa Tree Plants and they gave only Seeds but 0 Resources. This time i have 99 Cocoa Plants in 11 Raised Garden Beds and guess what happend? Yeah right, they give all Seeds and 0 Resources. So what should I do to get Cocoa? There is no way to Buy Cocoa in Game, no Player sells that. :grrr:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I planted 18 Cocoa Trees and they all have seeds & resources. Not sure what's happening with yours. Does anyone else have access to your plants and maybe harvested them for you?

Tika Majere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm having the same luck... I'm assuming it's because I'm using seeds that were produced by previous trees that I grew. I bet if you got fresh seeds, they will give you resources... luckily I didn't plant too many, but it took me two full rounds of Cocoa Tree growing to figure it out. From here on, until I hear otherwise... I'll be growing for resources, and tossing the produced seeds.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will go look at mine, when I get home. P planted 4 beds of choko trees, no idea if it was fresh seed or seed from old plants.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I planted 4 beds worth of cocoa trees from seeds I've had for ages, they're currently one day's growth away from being ruthlessly denuded and pitched in the trash. They've produced both seeds and cocoa.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hum, thats strange. All of my trees so far have produced seeds and coco. I wonder if those seeds were from trees created before they started producing resources. If wish you were on lake austin, i could give you a bunch of seeds

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had 10 growing trees, that did have an X instead of resources, the rest look ok. I replaced them with some of my old seed and they do look like they will give resources too.
I will see if I get some new fresh seed, and see if they are ok.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I found, I have 250 seed in a pile, that will give resources and a pile of 19, that do not stack with the large pile, this 19 do not give resources.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been using both new seeds gathered from Kapas, and seeds I've saved from trees I've already grown. Both types of seeds are producing reliably so far.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I suguest you reseat your beds I have 12 beds and grow from new, old, and recient cocoa seeds and am getting resources and seeds.... on all

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
May I suguest you reseat your beds I have 12 beds and grow from new, old, and recient cocoa seeds and am getting resources and seeds.... on all
It's not the bed, I planted new seed in it and it was ok
I tried to plant one of the bugged seed, claim it back from the bed, plant it again, still bugged, no matter what I do, this 19 seed are bugged. I planted a not bugged seed, it showed 0 for resources, claimed it again, tried one of the bugged again, still an x for resources.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
take those 19 seeds and put them in the trash, that should solve your problem right there.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Now i am really ultra mad. Last time (2-3 Weeks ago) i had 36 Cocoa Tree Plants and they gave only Seeds but 0 Resources. This time i have 99 Cocoa Plants in 11 Raised Garden Beds and guess what happend? Yeah right, they give all Seeds and 0 Resources. So what should I do to get Cocoa? There is no way to Buy Cocoa in Game, no Player sells that. :grrr:
what shard are you playing on?
ive got a barrels full on 2 or 3 shards and im about to go and do some x-sharding on my shard shields, ill be hitting most of the NA shards.
i could bring ya some if i knew what shard your on.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh Freja i do understand the bugged seeds
Have a few of them of other types of plants
But nothing of the cocoa variaty

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I planted 5 seeds from each of two piles of cocoa seeds in pots, not raised beds, and both show seeds & resource numbers. The 108 I have in raised beds planted a couple weeks back show the red x for seeds and 5/8 resources.

None of them were planted using fertile dirt. The 108 in raised beds were planted by the owner, the 10 in pots were planted by him as co-owner at my other house. This problem popping up due to a certain something we're doing?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How do it work with using fertile dirt with raised bed, is that possible?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, just my opinion but it seems the variable here for Selistrana is the fertile dirt, I'd quit using that if I were you. IMHO it's worthless anyhow, only works randomly so you have some plants that gain a day and some that don't, only a confusion to me for very little benefit.

Tika Majere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, just my opinion but it seems the variable here for Selistrana is the fertile dirt, I'd quit using that if I were you. IMHO it's worthless anyhow, only works randomly so you have some plants that gain a day and some that don't, only a confusion to me for very little benefit.
Are you implying that the fertile dirt may be the cause for the lack of resources? I don't use it... and I'm still having issues. I still believe that it's b/c I'm using seeds that I recently grew from Cocoa Trees that had resources... for some reason, these produced seeds aren't growing with the resources, but are growing just seeds. I tossed them all, b/c I don't feel like waiting around to see if those particular seeds produce anything. I do notice that sometimes the seeds read O'hii trees, but when planted say Cocoa Tree. *shrugs* I say just go kill some spawn for new seed and restart. :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still believe that it's b/c I'm using seeds that I recently grew from Cocoa Trees that had resources... for some reason, these produced seeds aren't growing with the resources, but are growing just seeds.
Nope, that's not the cast, I just harvested a seed from a cacao tree, that had both resources and seed. I planted it in my raised bed, looked at it and it shoe 0 resources and 0 seed, no X

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When I claim the seed back after I planted it, it changes name to Fragnant O'hii trees and if I plant it again, it now show X for resources and = for seed, both the good and the bugged seed do that and the good get bugged too

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Are you implying that the fertile dirt may be the cause for the lack of resources? I don't use it... and I'm still having issues. I still believe that it's b/c I'm using seeds that I recently grew from Cocoa Trees that had resources... for some reason, these produced seeds aren't growing with the resources, but are growing just seeds. I tossed them all, b/c I don't feel like waiting around to see if those particular seeds produce anything. I do notice that sometimes the seeds read O'hii trees, but when planted say Cocoa Tree. *shrugs* I say just go kill some spawn for new seed and restart. :p
This sounds exactly like what I've been experiencing

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do it work with using fertile dirt with raised bed, is that possible?
you have the fertile dirt in your pack when you plant the seeds and it uses it. the only problem is that it is, as already stated, sporadic and you end up with them coming due at different intervals, instead of all on the same day.

Tika Majere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
When I claim the seed back after I planted it, it changes name to Fragnant O'hii trees and if I plant it again, it now show X for resources and = for seed, both the good and the bugged seed do that and the good get bugged too
Yeah, I just noticed this morning that the seed that I had moved a couple of times has the x, but the one that I never touched after planting has the resources 0/8... so strange. :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
take those 19 seeds and put them in the trash, that should solve your problem right there.
Pretty much my plan too lol I'm happy it didn't effect them all. The thing is if your looking for certain seeds you never find them. If you don't need them you find a ton lol

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just had to replace 71 Fragrant O'hii seeds, all were showing a red X for resources. I spot checked all 12 beds after planting them three days back to make sure all had resource & seed numbers, today I rechecked and 7 beds now all had red X for resources. Anyone else seen this?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i planted a new batch couple days ago, its the same pile ive been drawing off of for the last year or two.
when they start to produce ill report back.