• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Cocoa Tree with no resources

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple cocoa trees going in my raised garden box.
I believe these were started from seeds that passed through my veteran reward seed box.
They are maturing and I went to harvest some seeds and resources today.

Surprisingly...there was no cocoa pulp on these trees...ex'd out..non-resource producing trees...just seeds.

Is this a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? Anyone seen this before or recently?
Sure could use some help confirming before I submit a bug report. (I hate submitting bug reports that are inaccurate as I feel like I "cry wolf" if that were to happen)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen the seed box do some funky things to some of the peculiar seeds. Sometimes when I take an identified peculiar seed out of the seed box it reverts back to unidentified in my backpack, and then if I put it back in the seed box it remains just a 'peculiar seed'

It's hard to reproduce though. Happens about once in a couple hundred times.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 piles of fragrant seeds. One is identified and grows normal cocoa trees the other one just planted but it has indicators that there will be seeds and resources.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 piles of fragrant seeds. One is identified and grows normal cocoa trees the other one just planted but it has indicators that there will be seeds and resources.
Just making sure, both piles seem to produce resources for you correct?
Were either identified using the vet reward seed box or were they identified using the poppies dust?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just making sure, both piles seem to produce resources for you correct?
Were either identified using the vet reward seed box or were they identified using the poppies dust?
I don't know how the seeds were ided because I found them in an IDOC the other seeds just say fragrant seeds but planted grow a cocoa tree and the seed and resource indicator says 0/8 for both.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well it could be the seeds are from a cocoa tree since mine from the tree stack with them

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm this. I have no idea where the stacks of seeds came from or what they've been through as they were gifted to me, but I have two stacks and one gives resources and the other does not.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Ryna. I have submitted it as a bug now using the bug form on uoherald.
This is definitely from seeds identified with the seed box.
I do still need to identify some with the poppies dust to see if the same thing happens.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, poppies dust doesn't break them as far as I've experienced.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, poppies dust doesn't break them as far as I've experienced.
You beating me to all my tests. (And for that I am grateful! Don't want to sound unappreciative)
Now I am going to test if poppies dust can be used on the broken ones from the seedbox to fix them.
Long shot but just maybe.
I just have to wait a week, gave away all my poppies dust recently.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you on Atlantic? I still have a crap-load of poppies dust from before I got my seed box.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just gave me the message that it has already been identified, and planted as the same bugged type (seeds only)
Also, the seeds from the bugged plants produce more bugged plants, even when identified with poppy dust.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just out of curiosity, why are you using poppy dust on them? Fragrant seeds can only produce cocoa trees, only peculiar seeds make different plants.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just out of curiosity, why are you using poppy dust on them? Fragrant seeds can only produce cocoa trees, only peculiar seeds make different plants.
This is true and a good point, but it happened out of an accident and then OCD.
At first I'd go out hunting and gets stacks of peculiar seeds and fragrant seeds.
I'd hit every seed stack in my bag with poppies dust before putting them in my seed supply chests.
Then I realized I had two stacks going of the same thing...one labelled cocoa tree seeds or whatever and one labelled fragrant seeds.
This drives my OCD crazy.
I have a small small house for my gardener, with lots of supplies, so I want to keep the number of items down and would rather not have multiple stacks for the same item.
Also the seeds claimed off a fragrant seed say cocoa tree seeds thus creating two separate stacks. Even named seeds put in two different stacks (or at least used to) one named seed unidentified when harvested from a plant and named seed identified. Drive me nuts but poppies dust was fixing it for me. Then poppies dust was replaced by my shiney new seedbox.

When the seed box reward came along...I just kept loading up the seed box till it filled before moving the overflow to my chests.
I noticed things didn't stack once again (seeds identified with poppies dust vs seeds identified with seed box)
so I ran all my seeds through the seed box so I was again with one stack.

Now I have 636 cocoa tree seeds that don't produce diddly.
I have more on sale from my vendor that I have to pull because I don't want to give anyone defective seeds.

But in short, OCD and because it was there is why. Lol

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here's for odd. The seeds the previously pictured cocoa trees gave me today:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here's for odd. The seeds the previously pictured cocoa trees gave me today:
The O'hii Tree is the base item type of the Cocoa Tree. Looks like all the modified info that made them Cocoa Trees has been stripped off.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye. They stay that way when identified, but plant as 'Fragrant seed's. They have both resources and seeds, though, so I don't care what they call themselves!