• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Coal Armor

ElIoT

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This was originally a thread to sell a suit of coal armor. If you’re interested, please feel free to message me on icq or discord.

Brokering the sale of a full Coal Armor Set Crafted by SS-R

There are 2 additional Chainmail pieces that are also available as shown in the picture below.

6 Piece Set Price - 2.0p
If interested please feel free to send me a message with offers.

Additional 2 pieces available upon request.

1647481532825.png

Last edited:

ElIoT

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If thats a old item, shouldn't it have Exeptional in the name? All my old armour has that - or it has [Exceptional]...
Haven’t been able to craft coal armor in a while.
not that it matters, but to make you happy I changed it to just a selling thread. Let’s keep future comments to interest in buying. Thanks

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What hue is the armor

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The problem with your suit is it looks like it was made yesterday, not 20+ years ago.

Anyone know if there's some exploit that allows you to use Tok dye on a regular suit of armor?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2412 is a NPC armor hue. 1109 is Coal Hue. If you hue Id coal from a naughty bag it will come up 1109. I had one until I sold it last year but the hue on the pile of coal in the bag I had was 1109.

Unless 2412 has a maker name on it or is double exceptional, then it was purchased from a NPC armorer pre-AOS. If it has a maker name or double exceptional tags, then it was made from colored ingots made from smelting the NPC armor. I had a set like that I also sold that was double exceptional in 2410 hue from melting down NPC armor into ingots.
Thanks for the information @Jonas The suit has neither maker name or exceptional. If I understand correctly, this would make the suit NPC Armorer purchased.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can’t use tokuno dyes on iron, whether it was made 20 years ago or 20 seconds ago.

Real Coal armor made from smelting naughty Xmas bag coal ore has a total of 21 if you add up the resistances on the piece with no mods. You can’t recreate that using tokuno dyes.

Since I’ve seen both double exceptional original coal ore pieces and ones that look like this, I suspect at different periods of time (maybe due to patching) you could make the armor. But not really sure on that.

I actually still have an original 1997 bag with a pile of coal in it, but I'm assuming they stopped the ability to smelt it into 1109 hue ingots. If that's right, when exactly did they stop it?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so i found 3 pieces of coal i had they all have the hue id of 1109 and i have plate are not exceptional with a hue id of 2412
i also have chainmail 2x exp with out the valorite tag and other chainmail hue id 2403 and 2422 none exp
and 2 ingots 2409 ?
also found two none exp halberd hue id 1175 same as obsidian blades how were made ?

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just found a full suit hue id 2412

hue.png hue3.png 1649737306979.png

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sorry about derailing topic here

Nightly

Journeyman
I can't believe we are having a discussion about whether this is real coal or not. Those who know coal and have the money for it know its value. Jonas knows what he is talking about here and ElIot has posted the correct information. NPC armor is completely different and is not coal. Bid on folks!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can't believe we are having a discussion about whether this is real coal or not. Those who know coal and have the money for it know its value. Jonas knows what he is talking about here and ElIot has posted the correct information. NPC armor is completely different and is not coal. Bid on folks!
I wanted to ask some of the same questions out of ignorance and a desire to learn but didn't want to derail the thread Is there a how to identify and confirm rares tutorial somewhere?

ElIoT

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As it seems another one of my selling posts has gone down the rabbit hole. I’m just going to title this post Coal armor.
If people have questions about Items, you’re more than welcome to send me a message or create another thread asking for information.

Kaelix

Visitor
Just because the coal/ingots were only available 20+ years ago does not mean that it would have made by/[exceptional] tag, it was possible to craft up until the introduction of the new style crafting menus and resource/material/color selection feature. I personally crafted some in, I want to say, 2004 possibly? on Great Lakes with the crafter name "Satan Herself" Even though it shares the name 'ingots' with Iron Ingots, today it is not recognized with our crafting system and will not craft. It shares hue 1109 alongside evil mage/shadowlord/nightmare cloth.

I have known and loved this hue until I left the game the first time and was one of the very few possessions I held onto throughout the years and I was very disappointed to find out I couldn't craft a set with my new smith anymore =( I feel like I have tried everything so unless someone knows a method I don't, the crafted set price should continue to climb. If there is a way, I would love to know how.

coal ingots.jpg

coal 1109.jpg

I decided to hop onto ATL today to see if there was anything else for sale on Auction Safes/VS and sure enough, someone has the fake, black natural dyed NPC bought plate set for sale for 30 million so. The plate legs on my cursor are Shadow Dancer Black (hue 1109) Tokuno Pigment dyed Legendary Artifact legs and you can see clear as day the hues are not the same so do not buy!

fake coal.jpg I