• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cluttered Deck?

A

Aboo

I have been trying for 3 days now to dock a boat. I keep getting the message that I cannot dock it with a cluttered deck. There is NOTHING on the deck and NOTHING in the hold. I have paged a GM every day but I get nothing, not even the "you are #6 in the queue". Anyone else have this problem with a boat? Know how to fix it?

Has anyone else had a problem with the GM queue?

I also find it humorous that when I placed a help call I got the message that a Counselor or Game Master would help.

B

BartofCats

yes had it a couple of times...

one is move your boat to an eastern shore... the game loves to wig out and think that the tops of trees or houses are "on your boat" because the graphic is there.

2) make sure that your boat is facing north. Dont ask me why, but its easier this way for the game to understand.

3) trade the key (anyone can recall off the key) to another char. and go to the boat. Have the other char. close off your boat.

4) make sure that your not sitting near a server line. that tends to mess up the boats for some reason.

these are just things i have noticed in my experience not just overall. But good luck with that.

A

Aboo

I tried everything you suggested, unfortunately nothing worked.

Is there a problem with the GM queue? I get the initial message and then NOTHING after that. It’s getting to be very frustrating.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Your boat is bugged. It's a "known issue" that happens sometimes.
I have NO IDEA what you're supposed to say to get a GM to show up but I know it's happened to people before and GMs have had to come fix the boats.

A

Aboo

Your boat is bugged. It's a "known issue" that happens sometimes.
I have NO IDEA what you're supposed to say to get a GM to show up but I know it's happened to people before and GMs have had to come fix the boats.
Thanks, I will keep paging although it appears to do absolutely no good. :(

G

Gwendolynne

I have been trying for 3 days now to dock a boat. I keep getting the message that I cannot dock it with a cluttered deck. There is NOTHING on the deck and NOTHING in the hold. I have paged a GM every day but I get nothing, not even the "you are #6 in the queue". Anyone else have this problem with a boat? Know how to fix it?

Has anyone else had a problem with the GM queue?

I also find it humorous that when I placed a help call I got the message that a Counselor or Game Master would help.
This is how I worded my help page when this happened to me a while back "I need GM help to dry dock my ship. The message the deck is cluttered has been for over 1 week when I try to dry dock. This is a known issue that needs GM assistance. Thank you." A GM arrived about 20 minutes later and instructed me to to try to dry dock the ship and to sail in different directions and try to dry dock again. Then the GM asked if I minded if he took control of the ship and he tried different things. After about 20 minutes he offered me a new ship and deleted mine. Words like "known issue" and GM in game assistance required" usually make the difference.

Safe journeys!

J

Jeremy

If you're not getting the auto-response to your page, with the # in queue message and everything, send me all the info (char name, account name, server, etc) in an email and I'll pass it along. jdalberg AT ea DOT com

A

Aboo

If you're not getting the auto-response to your page, with the # in queue message and everything, send me all the info (char name, account name, server, etc) in an email and I'll pass it along. jdalberg AT ea DOT com
Thanks Jeremy! I've sent it to you.