• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed two UO accounts today.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello friends.

I closed two of my UO accounts today. Im not quitting the game entirely, but I am dissatisfied with enough things that have been going on to decide that Im not going to give EA as much of my money as I used to. Actually some of these issues go back a bit, but I pay 6mos at a time on my accounts, so the closures kick in now.

I hope that the folks at EA take notice of the posts where players are leaving the game. Particularly those that are quitting completely after playing for many years. I still love the game and it will take a couple more hard kicks in the groin from EA before I'd drop more accounts... but in this world the only thing that companies seem to hear is the sound of coins jingling in the cash register. Only when that sound diminishes do they stop to see what the problem is.

I enjoy making new characters and each one gets their own personal history and attributes. Even closing an account with "minor" characters is something that hurts me as they all have their place in the rich tapestry of Sosaria. I hope that when the folks at EA see that an account has closed, they take a moment to really think about the investment that we put into our characters. It's not just the time it takes to build skills, or an investment of gold... for those of us that role play it's almost as if someone just disappears forever.

I've had lots of fun on this forum co-writing stories where many of us get together to role-play. Firmus the Cruel was one of the characters I invented for these stories. In the last story, he was trapped in the form of a parrot... that was in preparation for the cancellation of the account that holds him.

<font color="blue">This email was sent to confirm your subscription cancellation for Ultima Online -- subscriber play will be suspended immediately. We're sorry to see you go!</font>

Safe Travels, Sam

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Sam,

Very sorry to hear that Firmus the Cruel is deactivated. I was looking forward to doing another story. I understand how you feel though and have shut down one account myself. I sure hope they start fixing the serious problems soon and stop showering us with items. The rubberbanding is making it difficult to play right now for me.

Farewell Firmus...
Someday I hope we will see you again..

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, look at this way: one less lousy elf in Sosaria. *grumbles about elves*

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well, look at this way: one less lousy elf in Sosaria. *grumbles about elves*

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the other characters on the account were human... so if one elf must make the ultimate sacrifice to take 6 humans with them to the grave... so be it!

Of course... the humans were mostly drunks or beggars... but what would you expect from a race descended from apes.

Safe Travels, Sam

I

imported_Grigg of Einhorn

Darwinism hardly applies here, At the very least you should apply the Silmarillion creation processes

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Grigg, there are apes in Sosaria and it would not be unreasonable for an Elven Naturalist to note the similarities between them and Humans.

For example, with your loud grunts and chest beating you could easily be mistaken for an ape.

*Tosses a bananna to Grigg*

Safe Travels, Sam

I

Thanks for the banana, but if God had me descend from an ape, how come there are still apes? And I would point out the pointy eared ones were the last to arrive in UO. So I think that elves are proof that the orks fornicated apes.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

...And I would point out the pointy eared ones were the last to arrive in UO. So I think that elves are proof that the orks fornicated apes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, the Elves only chose to reveal themselves in recent history but their race and culture pre-dates humans.

As for your theories on Orc breeding... I wouldn't put it past a horny orc to fornicate with just about anything. Whether you would actually obtain offspring from such an unholy coupling is something I have no knowledge of.

I have heard stories of Orcs taking liberties with poultry before but I've seen none with feathers or beaks!

Safe Travels, Sam

I

I may be spelling this wrong, but
"Phllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppht"