• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Close Wounds main source of Healing

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How effective is Close Wounds as a main Source of Healing? How much Mana do you recomend? How much LMC, & Mana Regen is needed?

This would be on a PvM template with no Resist. Would have Vampiric Embrace in place, & would be used on a ranged Character. No mediation or focus either.

C

Chaosy

I don't recommend Close Wounds as your primary source of healing for several reasons:

1) Dexers rely on high stamina to swing their weapons quickly. You want to be as close to 1.25 sec swing speed as possible. Dumping all your stat points in dex will leave little room for high int for mana. Edit: This is especially true for archery since bows swing so slowly.

2) Because you can only toggle either a spell or a special at once, you lose your casting time to being able to use your specials. Specials are important both in PvP and PvM.

3) Chiv is pretty mana intensive when you're going to solely rely on it for heals. Having no med, focus, resist and low int means that an inopportune mana drain will probably kill you.

4) To heal effectively with Chiv, you NEED 4/6. To get 4/6 casting and all the other mods you need for your suit will be difficult (although not impossible).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chaosy is right, if you're going to use Chiv as your primary healing method and plan to have drawn out fights you need a lot of mana, MR, LMC, and very high med.

But you can get away with it. Find a fast AI wep that you can cap your AI dmg with for your burst damage.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a red poison pally on Siege, and Close Wounds is my primary source of healing. No uber suit, usually I'm running between 3/0 and 3/2 casting. The faster 4/x casting is nice when I run it, but my damage output takes a big hit when I have to sacrifice something else to get that extra FC.

Without meditation or resist though, it's not gonna work for you. At least not without a suit giving you the equivalent of GM+ Med and a lot of LMC.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How effective is Close Wounds as a main Source of Healing? How much Mana do you recomend? How much LMC, & Mana Regen is needed?

This would be on a PvM template with no Resist. Would have Vampiric Embrace in place, & would be used on a ranged Character. No mediation or focus either.
Since PvM, you can get away with no resist pretty easily. That said, depending on what you like to fight. Archery is more difficult to get away with than a dexxer though.

The key thing is you are not using healing so you do not need 140 dexterity for the bandage timer.

You do need weapons that will swing at the max rate AFTER taking into account what your dex will be. If you run parry, have at least 80 dexterity so you don't take a penalty hit on your defense.

So something like 80 dex, 70 int, 105 str. You can easily add +dex/stamina items to assist you along with LMC, and +MI.

All of those things combined with meditation (yes, it helps a lot), will make it a pretty good template.

As far as ranged character, that you mention you will do...I have never done that with using only close wounds on a ranged attack character but the mana leech is half of what it used to be. So, make sure you use bows with descent SSI and 40 mana leech or higher. Probably stamina leech too so you can save some mana.

With ranged characters since no parry, you do not need to worry about the penalty, but you will have to use the swing speed calculator on stratics to make sure you are doing things at capped speed.

Have around 100 mana and you should be okay. More the merrier.