• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Close Wounds & Cleanse by Fire Purely Karma Based?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are these two spells purely karma based. If so it's got me thinking of how to do a build I am working on. Thanks in advance.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't believe it is "purely" Karma based, but it does have a significant effect.

According to UO Guide:
Close Wounds: "Higher karma will increase the damage healed (max. 39 damage.) "
Cleanse by Fire: "Higher karma will reduce the fire damage dealt to the caster (min. 13 damage.)"

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well specifically what I am getting at is as follows: Does cleanse by fire cure as well at 55 as it does at 120 or will it fail more often on higher level poisons. I went to test center and close wounds seemed the same at 55. I guess I will have to go to doom and fight a few rotters and see there. I am trying to min max and if I can use 4/6 heals / cures at 55 it will really go far on the template I am building. I can use slayers so no need of EoO, 100% elemental weps so no need of con wep, apples so no need for remove curse, and have max ss and hit etc etc. So having fast heals and cures at low skill could really function well.