• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Clipping intermittant... Not sure why. *Bug Report*

• Thread starter DHMagicMan_1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

DHMagicMan_1

Another small bug is that you can't use the clippers on Deco Mossy Cypress for either reeds or dye parts... either way error says can only use on "Deco" plants but both White and Black mossy's that I tried were deco but not recognized or something.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: "Mossy" Cypress Tree *Bug Report*

I get the same response to clipping older decorative plants, ones that only say "a decorative plant" without the plant type in the name. Its odd because it does clip some of them just not all.

S

Stupid Miner

Clipping *randomly* doesn't seem to work. I've noticed no pattern to what cuts and doesn't.

Old cut, new cut, oldish cut, newish cut. And randomly Old don't cut, new don't cut, etc.

Tested on scores of plants.

May want to retitle the thread to something to do with "Clipping bug"

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Another small bug is that you can't use the clippers on Deco Mossy Cypress for either reeds or dye parts... either way error says can only use on "Deco" plants but both White and Black mossy's that I tried were deco but not recognized or something.
You are correct, the mossy cypress currently cannot be clipped. It managed to slip through the cracks. I just put in the fix for that. Let me know if you catch any other plant types that can't be clipped.

I get the same response to clipping older decorative plants, ones that only say "a decorative plant" without the plant type in the name. Its odd because it does clip some of them just not all.
I have my suspicions as to why some of the plants older plants cannot be clipped. I put in a fix which hopefully will resolve it.

N

Nastia Cross

You are correct, the mossy cypress currently cannot be clipped. It managed to slip through the cracks. I just put in the fix for that. Let me know if you catch any other plant types that can't be clipped.

I have my suspicions as to why some of the plants older plants cannot be clipped. I put in a fix which hopefully will resolve it.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU REGINE!!
:bowdown::thumbup:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ambled over this morning to see if anyone had the same trouble as me with clipping plants - been hoarding the damn things for what seems like forever, and was getting very frustrated trying to clip them the other night. Read this, thought "yay", logged in and got all disappointed again :( Still can't clip a lot of the plants and, as has been mentioned, it seems quite random - there's some old, some new, some in the middle that I can't do anything with. Sorry, fix doesn't seem to have worked :(

Also, I can't seem to dye baskets? Not entirely sure if I'm supposed to be able to, does anyone know?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Also unable to clip any deco bonsai plants.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I can't seem to dye baskets? Not entirely sure if I'm supposed to be able to, does anyone know?
Because your tinker can actually craft colored baskets out of reeds made from deco plants, Sak may have taken them off the list of things you can dye to encourage people to actually make new baskets.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because your tinker can actually craft colored baskets out of reeds made from deco plants, Sak may have taken them off the list of things you can dye to encourage people to actually make new baskets.

I want to make coloured baskets, but I can't clip any of my coloured plants :( Thought that with the plain ones I'd clipped and turned into baskets, I might be able to dye the baskets, but I can't. The plain isn't a bad colour; I quite like silvery colours, but not everyone does.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression that the reeds clipped were the colour of the plant they were clipped from. That by using blue reeds you got a blue basket. I am also not sure they can be dyed or stained because of this.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just bought a black plant off someones vendor. It says " a decorative plant ". I can not clip it.

The TC plants also said that but they worked fine.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When do you think the fix will go live? I have a bag of unclippable whites (mixed ages) that I'd love to clip :)

Ty!

M

MazJ

I just bought a black plant off someones vendor. It says " a decorative plant ". I can not clip it.

The TC plants also said that but they worked fine.
I am having the same problem, rather frustrating!!

Can this be fixed??

D

DHMagicMan_1

I believe Sak said she made a change or two that may help this... I'd store the unclippables until the next patch, which I'm guessing will be this week or early next.