• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Client Question

I

Ivorythorn

I'm a returning player, and when I installed UO I thought I hit 3D. Back when I played before; if I remember correctly, you could resize container "windows". Now I can't, and I'm thinking maybe I accidently hit 2D?

Also I've been thing of trying the enhanced client; even though it's still in beta. What do you think of the enhanced client, if you use it?

Thanks in advance...

W

Wolfways

3D was scrapped long ago. Now there is 2D and the enhanced client (EC).
Unfortunately resizeable backpacks aren't in the EC.
It does have a better UI and macro system, but while the graphics at least aren't 2D they are bad compared to the Kingdom Reborn client that was also recently scrapped.

Overall i'd probably say UO was getting better...but only just.

B

Beer_Cayse

Ummm, look for the link to Modders Exchange in the Forum on the SA client. I **think** someone has crafted a UI with some of the 3D and KR desired features. If there isn't one now, it may well be on the books.

There are several really good modders working on stuff - someone prolly has a clue on this.