• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Client only partially in English

Jean-Loot PKard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
H everyone,

most of the menus and ingame items are shown in a different language. I am assuming it is Japanese since my PC can not display them properly. Any idea how to fix this?

I am using an English Vista64 (ultimate). I attached the picture of a treasure map so you get an idea. The client is of course not usable this way :(

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

C

Cloak&Dagger

Hmm that is Quite the problem you are having. I do not know how to fix it But I was sort of wondering why no one else has responded, I assume for the same reason I did not respond at first (not know how to fix it) I know there is a setting in the user file about language, not sure if that would be of any help tho, you can try and check that out.

Looks like this:

<Options>
<Language type="English" />
<MouseScrollWheelUp action="None" />
<MouseScrollWheelDown action="None" />
</Options>

Cistolo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

same Problem here for me. Where exactly do i find this file and how is it correctly named?

Thx for helping
Cis

Cloak‡1318619 said:
Hmm that is Quite the problem you are having. I do not know how to fix it But I was sort of wondering why no one else has responded, I assume for the same reason I did not respond at first (not know how to fix it) I know there is a setting in the user file about language, not sure if that would be of any help tho, you can try and check that out.

Looks like this:

<Options>
<Language type="English" />
<MouseScrollWheelUp action="None" />
<MouseScrollWheelDown action="None" />
</Options>

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

same Problem here for me. Where exactly do i find this file and how is it correctly named?

Thx for helping
Cis

Its inside: My documents/Eagames/UOSA/User Data/UserSettings.

F

Fink

Is there any way to view both English and Chinese at the same time?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is there any way to view both English and Chinese at the same time?
Not unless a mod could be made to do it! and I kind of doubt it could but not positive!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny, the client recognizes it, if you download it with a german IP. Then the language is automatically set to german - even though it is not supported! The result is that I had to explain this like 50 times to my compatriots. And there are surely a lot of them who weren't lucky enough to know someone that know the solution and thus are lost to the EC. :(

F

Fink

It's funny, the client recognizes it, if you download it with a german IP. Then the language is automatically set to german - even though it is not supported! The result is that I had to explain this like 50 times to my compatriots. And there are surely a lot of them who weren't lucky enough to know someone that know the solution and thus are lost to the EC. :(
It seems many decisions not to go with EC have come about through questionable choices in installations. Every time I've heard someone say "just open this unintelligible file in notepad" to address a basic fault I've wanted to scream (at EA, not the helpful person). It shouldn't be so difficult and people expect much better. Even KR loaded up fully optioned, which most people weren't prepared for or equipped to handle so they gave up. When I first tried KR I couldn't even navigate to the options to crank down the settings.

"But EC's still beta", but it's public and it's going to be in beta until they cancel it and it's 2010 already. This is 1990's compatibility-type screwing around that came with self-published independent shareware games. It is not the stuff you'd expect of a huge corporation pushing a decades-old franchise.

Excuse my harsh tone but I dread to think of how we've lost so many people, and so many opportunities to advance the game client, through these sorts of bungles. I realise past mistakes are not the fault of the current dev team but it just keeps happening time and again.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But this must be a newly intigrated non finished feature. With KR i never had this problem, maybe the Devs are planing to intigrate German again.