• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Client crash while trading pets

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is anybody else experiencing client crashes when trying to trade the 100% elemental damage drakes? I originally brought this to the developers attention back in June and July. But I tried again just the other day with the same result. So obviously there is still a problem.

Any way we can get this looked at? @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UPDATE: THANKS @Kyronix . I just spent a little time on TC with him and I tried to trade a platinum drake to him. CRASHED! LOL He got some information from it and is aware of the problem! :)

Nice work! that has been a little sob issue. Luckily we dont trade them often and half the time just toss them on a vendor to trade.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nice work! that has been a little sob issue. Luckily we dont trade them often and half the time just toss them on a vendor to trade.
Thanks. Ya, we always just ended up releasing them in a house and letting the new tamer retame it. GOOD idea about the vendor!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anybody tried to trade one of the crimson or platinum drakes in the last 3 weeks or so? Has anybody heard if the problem has been fixed? @Kyronix

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Resolved in the next client patch.
Will this also resolve the random CC client crashes i've been getting for the last 2 weeks? It's the same random crashing that was happening during the holidays... seems it did get fixed but it's come back :(

Extra Info: I'm literally just running around luna and my client is randomly crashing, happening up to a few times per hour. Both PC and Client has been rebooted/reloaded multiple times as well

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Will this also resolve the random CC client crashes i've been getting for the last 2 weeks? It's the same random crashing that was happening during the holidays... seems it did get fixed but it's come back :(

Extra Info: I'm literally just running around luna and my client is randomly crashing, happening up to a few times per hour. Both PC and Client has been rebooted/reloaded multiple times as well
I think all the clients are randomly crashing anymore. I was at EM Events on Chessy and Napa yesterday and on Chessy I was litterally crashing every 20 min like clockwork and on Napa it was every 12! VERY annoying... And it was almost perfect timing every 20 and then every 12... Don't know WTF is up with that but it caused me to crash just as the final mob died so even if I had earned a chance at the drop there.... I didn't get it because I wasn't logged in! Talk about irritating... Whatever is going on I'm getting fed up with it. How are new people going to manage that sort of thing? Not really putting a good foot forward.

I was so annoyed at all the bugginess a few months ago that I totally uninstalled UO EC and CC as well as Pinco's and everything else UO related and redownloaded and installed everything "fresh" remade all my profiles for all my accounts and characters (Which trust me is a monumental task).... and tried from scratch fresh and I'm still having random crashing, freezing up and not being able to move, seeing ghost images, and dozens of other issues... I remade 2 characters last night because their profiles seem corrupted... or "off".... with all the changes Pinco has made of late 1/2 my profiles are totally not functional... about ready to just give up. I don't know how many times I've died recently because I randomly crash and my pet vanishes to oblivion and my character is left defenseless and gets eaten alive by whatever my pet was engaging at the time... Takes a forever to log back in as it crashes clear to desktop so I have to go through all that BS to get back in game.... log back in and everything..... and by then I'm always dead.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think all the clients are randomly crashing anymore. I was at EM Events on Chessy and Napa yesterday and on Chessy I was litterally crashing every 20 min like clockwork and on Napa it was every 12! VERY annoying... And it was almost perfect timing every 20 and then every 12... Don't know WTF is up with that but it caused me to crash just as the final mob died so even if I had earned a chance at the drop there.... I didn't get it because I wasn't logged in! Talk about irritating... Whatever is going on I'm getting fed up with it. How are new people going to manage that sort of thing? Not really putting a good foot forward.

I was so annoyed at all the bugginess a few months ago that I totally uninstalled UO EC and CC as well as Pinco's and everything else UO related and redownloaded and installed everything "fresh" remade all my profiles for all my accounts and characters (Which trust me is a monumental task).... and tried from scratch fresh and I'm still having random crashing, freezing up and not being able to move, seeing ghost images, and dozens of other issues... I remade 2 characters last night because their profiles seem corrupted... or "off".... with all the changes Pinco has made of late 1/2 my profiles are totally not functional... about ready to just give up. I don't know how many times I've died recently because I randomly crash and my pet vanishes to oblivion and my character is left defenseless and gets eaten alive by whatever my pet was engaging at the time... Takes a forever to log back in as it crashes clear to desktop so I have to go through all that BS to get back in game.... log back in and everything..... and by then I'm always dead.
All the things you say are also happening to me along with my ongoing problem of my variables (finder keeper settings etc) being deleted at every login. I'm also at my wits end and am losing my desire to even log in anymore except to do stupid simple things and that is not very enjoyable.
I will say tho, a few days ago I traded a stygian drake from my one tamer to another without any problems.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my pet vanishes to oblivion
Been hearing that from a lot of people that experience the crashes the last few weeks, pet is there and once back in game the pet is just gone with all the time, training and scrolls with it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Been hearing that from a lot of people that experience the crashes the last few weeks, pet is there and once back in game the pet is just gone with all the time, training and scrolls with it.
Da UO gobbled the pet up..

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've read that before the 20th anniversary party. You were so frustrated with it and said to call them out on it at the party. Then I guess they blew some smoke about new pixelcrack, gave some hugs and fuzzy words and you was all sold? :rolleyes:

You vote with your money. Bonnie must be laughing at those people paying half a dozen accounts buying into her worthless words.

Why should they even spent costly developer time if all it takes are some fuzzy words and a selfy?

And I'm gonna break another secret to you: the bugfix publish will have nothing to do with the EC bugs we know since years. I hope your are not expecting them to fix longstanding bugs rather than exploits EJ will introduce. They will keep adding stuff that is limited by the CC and is a huge step back from the EC (like the laughable jewelry container without sorting, filtering, etc.).

It's also the only way to get someone's attention above Bonnie to look at UO. Since Bonnie obviously couldn't care less about paying customers with comments like "lol you can buy a token", the only chance for UO is someone above her picking it up (just like I guess we came to EJ that Bonnie never wanted). Sure, chances are they are just going to call it quits for UO, but I wouldn't even be sad compared to the sad state Bonnie is running UO into.

It would need someone with drive, not this burnt out whatever..

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've read that before the 20th anniversary party. You were so frustrated with it and said to call them out on it at the party. Then I guess they blew some smoke about new pixelcrack, gave some hugs and fuzzy words and you was all sold? :rolleyes:

You vote with your money. Bonnie must be laughing at those people paying half a dozen accounts buying into her worthless words.

Why should they even spent costly developer time if all it takes are some fuzzy words and a selfy?

And I'm gonna break another secret to you: the bugfix publish will have nothing to do with the EC bugs we know since years. I hope your are not expecting them to fix longstanding bugs rather than exploits EJ will introduce. They will keep adding stuff that is limited by the CC and is a huge step back from the EC (like the laughable jewelry container without sorting, filtering, etc.).

It's also the only way to get someone's attention above Bonnie to look at UO. Since Bonnie obviously couldn't care less about paying customers with comments like "lol you can buy a token", the only chance for UO is someone above her picking it up (just like I guess we came to EJ that Bonnie never wanted). Sure, chances are they are just going to call it quits for UO, but I wouldn't even be sad compared to the sad state Bonnie is running UO into.

It would need someone with drive, not this burnt out whatever..
I didn't have to call them out at the Party... Bleak actually fixed some of the issue... Infact he put in a fix that has helped in a way... though I'm still crashing to Desktop all the time... they have actually been listening and working with some of us on issues... Bleak got in-game with me the other day to look at where I lost my pet to look into the pet gone wild bug with me.... since I'd said I would show him exactly what was going on and where when it happened... etc...

So no they didn't blow smoke up my bum with a nice selfy (Thanks @Kyronix as that was fun)... was pretty nice party... but no smoke was blown in my nethers... But they did work with me on the issue of the EC crashing with the nova blast etc...

If I get them right they are working on and going to have fixes for stuff I have talked to them about so... yes... I have hope. Do I think they will fix all the bugs..... NO. Do I think they are at least listening and trying... yes ..... maybe more so now that we have met and they know I am in fact not the wicked witch of the west.... and I'm actually a real human being who loves the game as much as they do...

But yeah.