• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clickable overhead names

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm assuming the function of this is to allow you to click the name rather than the actual mob, for me it does not seem to change anything, I still have to click on the actual mob for that to become my target.

In the old Pincos UI I used to be able to click the names, this was invaluable at champ spawns etc where its often very small mobs and the names are way easier to click on than the body, also with NPCs behind or inside buildings to buy or get BODs.

Is this a known bug or is it my client?

Im also getting item properties appear in a very delayed way when I mouseover them.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have found it lets you drag the health bar off by clicking the over head name.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Overhead clicking if working fine to me, but Im getting a delay on mouse over as well

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So you can click on names and make them your target in the same way it worked with the old Pincos UI?
Maybe I need to reinstall it
Its just impossible to click on the body of something like a silver serpent to get it targeted, a key to cycle through targets is also not great if there are a lot of them around.

The option that used to be there to enable/disable selecting bandages while you are already using them seems to have gone also, I tried turning off the thing that greys out spells when in use but that doesn't change the bandage thing.
The way I work vetting pets sort of requires me to have the bandage clicked and the target over the pet bar to hit it the moment the previous ends as Im often spamming ebolts on the target also, not being able to get that target cursor up till the heal is over is slowing down my vetting, vs an ancient wyrm paragon I need those split seconds hehe.

The delay on mouseover is only really that bad when Im using my bard provoking shadow wyrms, as I have a very small time window to check the things I may wish to take before Im in big trouble.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... When it comes to clicking serpents or any mob doing champ spawn etc, i create a macro target nearest enemy + special ability + attack current target. You will love this option (make sure u have legacy targeting turned off).

For bandages u can also create a macro, use bandage + target stored.

Feel free to icq me if u need any help: 211341921

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

The way I do champs isn't really compatible with nearest enemy key, I use a mage tamer with GD to solo them, 90% of the time I'm not casting on the nearest, I'm in the middle vetting the GD as it fights the crowd around it, and I'm e-bolting the archers and other mobs that are on ledges etc unable to get into the mass around me, using a key to target in this situation would take ages, being able to just click the names to target them makes this process very fast.

The bandage thing isn't as much of a prob, using a macro like that will slow down my back to back vetting a bit compared to having one preloaded to fire the moment the previous ends but not too bad, just a shame its not an option as it was in previous version.

I will try a total reinstall of UO and Pinco's to see if I can get clickable names working, if working for you it must be my install

Thanks again for the help

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you use the Mobiles bars,? They work great and you can have the list sorted by closest mob...

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you use the Mobiles bars,? They work great and you can have the list sorted by closest mob...
How exactly do you do this? I have never been able to get this to work. The mobs are just tumbled in the list in no particular order.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How exactly do you do this? I have never been able to get this to work. The mobs are just tumbled in the list in no particular order.
Right click on the "mobiles" bar (not the coloured ones) and pick "enable distance sort".

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I use mobiles bar when provoking stuff with bard, although sort by closest tends to make them rearrange themselves too much as you are running around, Ill provoke one, go to click the other I wish to provoke onto and the bars will suddenly change as I click the second and "you cant provoke someone onto themselves"

For champ spawns there are just too many mobs on screen(also with same names) to make mobiles bar a practical way of targeting the one you want.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Champ Spawns I just double click on the bar in the Mobiles Bar itself and since the closest one is sorted that's who I hit. Trying to target so many using a macro was working for me either, so I just press my WW button and double click away. Works great...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you click or double click on the Mobile bar for a mob it also creates their Target Bar (the bigger one) so you can target that with your spell, or All Kill or w/ever.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can do this on any character. It will just select the closest target.
Yes but I already mentioned previously why this is no good to me.
Whats "closest" to me is the 20+ mobs all surrounding my GD which it is dealing with, Im vetting the GD while casting on the mobs outside this group which are inaccassable to the GD on ledges etc, pressing nearest target key 20 or so times to target one of those is a lot more time consuming than just being able to click the names, this is why Im so heavily reliant on clickable overhead names.

It is infact quite important that I NOT cast on the closest mobs in this situation, they are right next to me and will often switch target from the GD to me, disrupting my casting and vetting and potentially killing me because I'm penned in the middle of them, if I get a teleport cast to get out I then cant get back to vet the GD.

The closest enemy thing is very good for a dexxer, or for pvp(assuming it doesn't cycle through long dead mobs or random things for some reason), the mobiles bars are great too for bards or situations where there aren't 30+ mobs on a screen, both are great additions to the UI, just not practical for a mage tamer soloing a champ spawn, for this clickable overhead names are perfect.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but I already mentioned previously why this is no good to me.
Whats "closest" to me is the 20+ mobs all surrounding my GD which it is dealing with, Im vetting the GD while casting on the mobs outside this group which are inaccassable to the GD on ledges etc, pressing nearest target key 20 or so times to target one of those is a lot more time consuming than just being able to click the names, this is why Im so heavily reliant on clickable overhead names.

It is infact quite important that I NOT cast on the closest mobs in this situation, they are right next to me and will often switch target from the GD to me, disrupting my casting and vetting and potentially killing me because I'm penned in the middle of them, if I get a teleport cast to get out I then cant get back to vet the GD.

The closest enemy thing is very good for a dexxer, or for pvp(assuming it doesn't cycle through long dead mobs or random things for some reason), the mobiles bars are great too for bards or situations where there aren't 30+ mobs on a screen, both are great additions to the UI, just not practical for a mage tamer soloing a champ spawn, for this clickable overhead names are perfect.
I know what you mean. Clickable overhead names are invaluable to my tamers. I really hope you are able to get it figured out, as it is still working fine for me, though I just did a complete new install of UO and Pinco's in the last month.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, what Ill do is leave it installing overnight as my download speed is terrible, it will take a fair number of hours for a full reinstall.

When you did a complete reinstall of both did you keep the profiles?
I mean the keys settings etc for all the characters that remains in the EA games/UO stygian abyss folder even after a reinstall, or did you also delete that stuff and remake all the keys etc?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kept a copy of the profiles, but I checked the things I was having issues with before I put the profiles in, just to make sure that the fresh install took care of everything.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok reinstalled UO and Pinco's, no luck, odd thing is that when I mouseover on a name it does show info, I can also drag health bars from names, I just cannot click the names and make that mob/player my target, but then I can get all of this with "clickable overhead names" unchecked anyway, its as if the option has no effect at all.

Oddly also in the user settings/overhead text menu, I get mouseover help tips on every option but "enable clickable overhead names", its like it exists in the menu but the game doesn't know it does, ticking or unticking it makes no difference.