• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*click* *click* *click* *click*

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Dear Devs,

Next time you add stackables to the list of turn-inable items (if ever) make sure that the NPC accepts stacks of 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100.

Right now I'm turning in my Ophidian Rations and sometimes I only have 9 in a stack and then I have to take every single one of them, seperate it from the stack and drag it onto Calaid the Soldier! :bored:

I wonder if you could change it for the Ophidian Rations for the next round, then I'll keep mine till then. ;)

Oh.. and FYI, the new Ophidian Rations do NOT stack with the old ones! :thumbdown:

[/rant]

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was nuts and did them all singly. well i managed a few piles of 10 but yeah 5 would have been nicer.

So it's true rations are spawning again? Whatelse is respawning? I missed this somewhere.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Slippery snake skins spawn again, but only in the default gold belt color
which btw doesn't highlight when you hover your mouse over it, thus making it a p.i.t.a. to loot them/move them around! :wall:

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,
since I returned to the game right after the ophidian invasion I did not have any ophidian items to turn in. So once I heard that the drops have been turned on again i went to hunt for the items.

I just wanted to say that I have also gotten black slippery snake skin from BR infected ophidians (my char is infected). I just wanted to ask if this is somehow rare or whether it was one of the original drop colors? ANd does anyone know if they give the usual 400 points?

Thanks,

Robinson of Europa

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Save it! It may be(come) rare! :)

The gold and the "normal" old ones all give 400 points, so I'll assume the black one will as well.

The old ones came in 17 different colors, black was not one of them.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool thanks for the info Piotr!!

And Arkanos, that black one sounds really neat. Any chance you can get a pic of it?

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm, I would love to post a pic but have never done this before. So if someone would tell me how to do it (if it isnt very complicated for you), i will gladly post a pic. (I know how to take screenshots but dont know how to put them here.)

Robinson of Europa

L

Lord Drakelord

which btw doesn't highlight when you hover your mouse over it, thus making it a p.i.t.a. to loot them/move them around! :wall:

Its a BIG p.i.t.a. to loot the skins when being targeted by every snake there.

A

Azureal

Went and killed Ophids last night in T2A. Lots of fun for a solo bard, had a blast. God I love LRC suits. Anyway, grabbed 10-15 pieces of rations, didnt see any skins though. Also, none of the rations I picked up would stack at all. I did notice that the 4 chicken carcasses I looted were two different colours, but still the ones that were the same colour didnt stack.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I've been out of the loop for awhile *coughs* ...but I have half a tower's worth of original Ophidian Stuffs.

Are you saying that now i can reclaim some of my storage space by turning the danged things in? Where?! :-D

A

Azureal

Yep, its part of the Spring Clean Up for publish 52. Each item has a points value. Then theres a list of stuff you can purchase with your points. Exciting stuff. Stuff like:

* Shirts
* Sashes
* 2% Poison Resist Boots

Crap. In other words.

Word of advice, if you do turn in all your Ophid stuff, keep a selection of one of everything you have, for rares sakes. With everyone turning everything in, certain items may rise in pixel worth.

Oh, and you dont have to spend your points now, there will be a new list of rewards (and hand-ins) with Publish 53.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think (after doing the ophidian spawn now for many hours) I can safely say that there are 10 different rations, each coming in 4 different shades of grey.
To stack, rations of course must be of same kind and same hue.
Two of the hues look almost the same, so thats prolly why some people think they cannot be stacked.
So this is 40 stacks of rations at maximum.

I have only found the golden snake skins, and the one black I have gotten of a BR infected ophidian.

Robinson of Europa

D

Dor of Sonoma

Yep, its part of the Spring Clean Up for publish 52. Each item has a points value. Then theres a list of stuff you can purchase with your points. Exciting stuff.
Thanks for your reply!

I am really not in the market for more stuff, though...*shudders at the thought*

Where and how is the Spring Clean Up taking place? Is there somewhere I can turn in some of the rations now? I'd really like to...unless it's in the middle of one of their beknighted Events, that is. ;-)

A

Azureal

Here you go. Lists the hand in NPCs towards the bottom.

http://update.uo.com/design_590.html

So theres a possible 40 different types of rations? Awesome. Look out Ophids. Would be nice to find some skins too. Thinking about it, I really didnt move any loot around the corpses last night, just grabbed any rations I saw and kept provo'ing. Wonder how many skins I missed.

You beat me Hunter! I edited my post and still forgot to put the link in. Such a tard.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also there's been talk of rations and snake skins having upcoming uses as well. I've held on to mine for the time being... started turnins with copper coins, cursed artifacts, Planestuffs, event weapons then silver coins and the few gold coins needed to get what I was looking for. I still have a lot of gold coins left and my Ophidian stuff waiting for the next round and new uses.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Thanks, Hunter Moon and Azureal :)

This part has me a bit concerned, though:
"Four NPCs around the world collect items in exchange for tickets"

heh

I hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like - a ticket for each item that you turn in? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I will never end up with storage space at that rate - may as well just keep all of my present stuffs, eh?

*seriously considers having a garage sale*

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, you can turn the tickets in as you get a full pack of them. The tickets are just a "middle step" which are in their own right turned in for the points for the rewards. The points do not decay and can be used for the upcoming rewards as well as the current ones.

A

Azureal

I havent turned anything in, and probably wont. I wasnt here for the invasion and dont have a horde of spare objects. From what Ive seen though is that tickets are generally 5k points. So you turn in prizes till you get 5k points and then you are presented with a ticket, which you can spend or save for later.

Dermott: Im liking all the rumours about the new turn-ins and rewards. I hope we see a list soon.

B

BartofCats

Dear Devs,

Next time you add stackables to the list of turn-inable items (if ever) make sure that the NPC accepts stacks of 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100.

Right now I'm turning in my Ophidian Rations and sometimes I only have 9 in a stack and then I have to take every single one of them, seperate it from the stack and drag it onto Calaid the Soldier! :bored:

[/rant]

I totally agree with this and have to ask, what was so wrong of the coding to drop 1-9 on the NPC and the NPC actually recognize that theres say 8 of them there and hand you 800 point ticket? SURELY there was an actual thought of this there that thought that this would be a pain in the butt.... i guess the DEV's like giving us all hand cramp when they have these not so genious ideas like this.

L

Lord Kynd

so very true, almost as nausiating(spelling) as looking thru jewlry. :(

L

Lord Kynd

Dear Devs,

I wonder if you could change it for the Ophidian Rations for the next round, then I'll keep mine till then. ;)

Oh.. and FYI, the new Ophidian Rations do NOT stack with the old ones! :thumbdown:

[/rant]

you sure the colors are exactly the same ?
seems to me all mine stacked, but yah, stacks other than the few they give us to turn in suck, no one wants to take a stack apart and turn in one at a time, it's EXTREAMLY borring.

wonder if there is a way for uo-a to set a bag for turn in's and then turn everything in thats inside the 'set' bag.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
wonder if there is a way for uo-a to set a bag for turn in's and then turn everything in thats inside the 'set' bag.
No, I don't think there is - unfortunately.

BUT you can make an UOA macro for turning in the tickets! :)