• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cleansing Winds Fix "Take 3"

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok first here's the definition of the special move Mortal Strike.

A successful Mortal Strike will render its victim unable to heal ANY damage for several seconds. Lasts for 6 seconds (Player) 12 seconds (monster).

I just had someone mortal me and I cast Cleansing Winds on myself. I healed for 40 (WHILE MORTALED) and it removed the effect...

I've got no problems with it removing the effect, but healing beyond that makes the special pointless.

And an extra thing devs. You know you can still regen HP and use the burst HP heal from confidence through a mortal strike right? (Gift of renewal also allows you to heal through mortal)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok first here's the definition of the special move Mortal Strike.

A successful Mortal Strike will render its victim unable to heal ANY damage for several seconds. Lasts for 6 seconds (Player) 12 seconds (monster).

I just had someone mortal me and I cast Cleansing Winds on myself. I healed for 40 (WHILE MORTALED) and it removed the effect...

I've got no problems with it removing the effect, but healing beyond that makes the special pointless.

And an extra thing devs. You know you can still regen HP and use the burst HP heal from confidence through a mortal strike right?
It used to only remove mortal and not heal. With the last pub it now heals a good chunk of damage even when mortaled.

Basically if you are a mystic in protection, no one can kill you except for another mystic that purges you.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maaaaaybe Hit Dispel on weapons should have more of a use then just on summons. It should work to dispel buffs on targets. :/ just a thought... unless they plan on making cleansing winds work correctly then void that.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah basically, Signed, someone broke it again....

I'm hoping for a speedy fix on this, lately the fel population rocketed, we're very sensitive to bugs as any small exploit is potentially a game breaker.

V

Vaelix

I agree with Cleans needing to Not heal if mortaled, however, based on this logic..

"A successful Mortal Strike will render its victim unable to heal ANY damage for several seconds. Lasts for 6 seconds (Player) 12 seconds (monster)."

Confidence and Spirit Speak are broken as well, as they both heal through mortal damage.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Cleans needing to Not heal if mortaled, however, based on this logic..

"A successful Mortal Strike will render its victim unable to heal ANY damage for several seconds. Lasts for 6 seconds (Player) 12 seconds (monster)."

Confidence and Spirit Speak are broken as well, as they both heal through mortal damage.
I agree with that. Don't forget about HP regen armor and gift of renewal too.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with puni, i like consistency, at the moment mortal really only works for everything pre aos lol. It seems all the new ways of healing are able to bypass this.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably because it isn't a bug or an exploit.

They changed the mechanics of cleansing winds so that when it is cast on a target with curses, the amount of health it restores after the curses are removed is dependent upon the casting difficulty and quantity of the curse(s).

Mortal needs to be rated as a higher level curse and the damage healed after removing curse should be much lower than it is.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably because it isn't a bug or an exploit.

They changed the mechanics of cleansing winds so that when it is cast on a target with curses, the amount of health it restores after the curses are removed is dependent upon the casting difficulty and quantity of the curse(s).

Mortal needs to be rated as a higher level curse and the damage healed after removing curse should be much lower than it is.
Hmm, maybe it's been a bug all along with mortal strike. Because by definition you shouldn't be able to heal for the duration of the special. Gift of renewal, confidence, cleansing winds, spirit speak, HPR items, life leech weapons, blood drinker, and dark glow poison all heal through mortal strike.

Maybe the special itself is just run off of old mechanics that don't bond well with all the newer things.

Or maybe it needs a new definition.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I agree that cleansing winds is ******** with protection, you have to remember exactly what you are asking. So yes, lets just send cleaning winds to the cleaners (yes, not joking...kill this damn skill)...quarter the chance to remove the mortal while in protection and lessen the healing done IF the first roll is successful. Now, this doesn't just have to be with mortal...protection mystics are just plain OP.

With regards to mortal, if you ask for something on one side of the fence you have to offer a counter on the other. As things stands there are no spells in any school of magic that cannot have their effects removed with the simple use of an apple. What you all are asking is to add another dexxer spec that cannot be removed (static) to a list that already includes disarm, bleed, and conc (?).

If you all propose to ask for such a change, what disadvantage should the warrior class take on since there is little consequence to failure to heal on these templates?