• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cleaning up character files

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I created a new character in the Enhanced Client and was amazed at how speedy he was.

His character file located in C:\Users\PCName\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\AccountName\ShardName is only 45 bytes. An older character is 188 bytes. It's full of entries like

<WindowPositions name="CID1077332318" x="932.000000" y="857.000000" width="360.600006" height="414.000000" />

and

<NumberVar name="ScrollGrid1099612594" value="0.000000" />
<NumberVar name="ScrollList1098872575" value="0.000000" />

Is there anyway to clean this file up to speed up my character?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Any help? Some of my characters move so much more slowly than others.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know when running Pinco UI it would store all the locations for open containers but the default EC doesn't seem to save that much extra info.

I make one profile and clone it for all my characters and just change about the skills and hotbar setup as needed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any help? Some of my characters move so much more slowly than others.
Just like the CC you can delete the Char File then relog it in but then you will have to redo everything for the Char.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I don't really want to recreate undress macros, etc.

Can I just delete all the lines that begin with CID, ScrollGrid, and ScrollList?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't really want to recreate undress macros, etc.

Can I just delete all the lines that begin with CID, ScrollGrid, and ScrollList?
No clue. I use the CC and copy my macro file, delete char folder, log char, replace macro file.