• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clean Legendaries? Tips?

JobriathCairn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So over 1000 legendary artifacts now and 0 clean. Done mostly on roof but some Exodus. I know they exist as I see them for sale. Any tips?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm what would that guys name be... Lord Pervert Pants maybe. They should add pervert to those dread pirate names just for you.
LOL I suspect Daddy Daycare would issue a warning and ban if I had not blacked that name out :)

Hmmm in further thought of this while discovering just how bad Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.......... The Pervert theme would work well with the Dread Pirates.........

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. We are running with luck, not quite that high. We found that other than the roof encounter, exodus and shadowlords - not much dropped legendaries. Guess I'll keep hunting. Cheers
I have actually been having a pretty good run of luck with legendaries from the Turtle spawn of late. From what I understand about luck and the loot artifacts is that it increases the chance of higher intensities and less negatives. I do see a lot more clean Majors wearing the max luck suit hitting the statue and in Fel with the alleged 1000 luck bonus. I built a max luck Dex suit with OK mods for my bushi toon and the perfection luck bonus and see little to no difference in loot quality with it in and perfection in comparison to the tamer suit shown. So I am thinking and it might have been stated somewhere by some dev that there is a hard cap for luck. LOL luck is kind of the Voodoo science of UO that it seems no one is totally certain of :) I do know you have to look at the long term, IE if you go kill 10 things with two characters, one with max luck and one with no luck you are not going to see a big difference in loot quality. If you use the same two characters and kill 1000 of the same thing each you will see a huge difference in their loots. I recently did this with dread pirates (not 1000 but 100) and the character with max luck had 3.8X more clean and high intensity Majors than the zero luck guy. The Max luck guy obtained 17 Brittle legendaries while the zero luck guy got 3. Neither got a clean legendary during that experiment.

As I said even running max luck and hunting prime targets for legendary artifacts the drop rate of clean is VERY VERY low. like probably .01% or less. So it is a matter of Volume, Suit Luck, The RNG Hates you Luck, What you are hunting and RL life luck and how the moon is aligned with certain stars :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
too bad getting clean jewelry is such a disappointment, It's like getting a brittle/imbued item (can't be PoF'd).

@Bleak Please fix the inconsistency and treat all "clean items" the same way.... make the jewelry PoF-able to justify the rarity of "clean" items, not to mention the rarity of useful clean items.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hate antique, but brittle will last long time. same as imbued stuff as long as u repair it and not wait until 0 and fail 4 times or more. I don't think we need more clean crap, just no antique lol. its just not needed.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too bad getting clean jewelry is such a disappointment, It's like getting a brittle/imbued item (can't be PoF'd).

Yes, revive the craft !!! @Kyronix you promised in newsletter from 7 april 2016 : "it was asked in a Meet and Greet "Negatives in Runic Reforging matching global loot revamp negatives". ((( [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]:([/bcolor] Tell me please, are these just words or should we still hope?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the new style [or relatively new] to place rewards and items behind wall after wall of RNG - its the most common complaint in most games I have played. Players run a two hour instance then rage quit as they didnt get the l337 items or phat loot they felt entitled to. In another game I remember the RAGE when we cleared the final boss mob and then the ONE epic piece of equipment had to be rolled for by the team that took the boss down. It was at that point [years ago] that I stopped even ever trying to be BiS.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate antique, but brittle will last long time. same as imbued stuff as long as u repair it and not wait until 0 and fail 4 times or more. I don't think we need more clean crap, just no antique lol. its just not needed.
I actually see brittle as a positive mod lol. I never pof anything more than a few times cause I play siege, so it's nice to have items with more than 70 durability.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats meant by Clean......asking for a friend.
I haven't had a whole lot of "clean" luck myself. I sometimes get situational items like this one (brittle):

If I use it for training mages on other shards it will never break. If I use it for combat it would last a pretty long time, but eventually, poof! Still, I am happy to get items like this one.

Clean items are items that do not have curses. Curses, as of Publish 86, can include:
  • Unwieldy; 50 weight modifier, which makes the item super heavy. The enemy of the clean. Everything else checks, but why is my backpack so heavy? NOOOOOO!
  • Massive; 125 str requirement modifier, which makes the item difficult to equip. Pretty much have to waste an enhancement to lower str req.
  • Brittle; makes an item unable to be powder of fort. Brittle is probably the most benign of all curses, though. A brittle item is going to last a fairly long time from 255 dur. It's basically like adding an imbued item to your suit.
  • Antique; makes items pretty much ephemeral, meaning they expire quickly during combat/use. To me, this curse is the worst because they will essentially break after a few hours of use, but these items usually have great mods.
  • Cursed; disallows one to insure the item (so you could lose it if you die).
  • Prized; the cost of insurance goes up, which probably doesn't matter in Tram.
In addition to these, there are a few old curses:
  • Cannot Repair; well, you can't repair it
  • Unlucky; minus 100 luck, which takes 100 luck away from your total (I do not think it goes negative, though, from 0)
I think they got rid of those from the current-loot curses list. Bottom line, you'll know it's clean of curses when you get one.