• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classical Audio for Enhanced Client (Beta 1)

Shyrion

Visitor
Hello to all. I'm new in this forum. I'm in need of help to complete this resource, for it's almost complete:

Yesterday I found in a french UO dev forum a way to change the music in the EC Client. And it works. I have created an Audio.uop with the original Midi music remastered. Not all works, but they're 85, I'll explain why:

First, we need to extract Audio.uop with Mythic Package Editor BUT, dictionary only recognizes 85 hashes, so it can't extract all of the tunes. BUT it extracts the indexes AND the paths. With this at hand, we can create our own Audio.uop file.

I've created a test file wich has the 85 music files modified and the vast majority of sound effects. Sadly, without the dictionary, this is the far I can go.

I've tested it and I have the first sound that's not there: Teleport. The file needs testing so that I can fill the holes.

Another problem I have is that my client, for unknown reasons, doesn't play Stygian Abyss music, so I can't test the file included in te Audio.uop

Here is the file. Don't forget to make a backup first:

https://mega.nz/#!0BFxmKoY!db7z7Xtq72wUdpjvXyggr1_ZpOyf5i9HrUKk3HbSHhg

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg thank you i've been waiting for something like this forever.

hope you can finish it! :)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish I could get the same midi synthesizer my computer was using back in the late 90s.

Shyrion

Visitor
My problem are the hashes. We'll see, for this is a programmers work and I'm a sysadmin. If you want to listen to the midi files remastered, here are the ones I used for this .uop file:

MEGA