• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic-Home Owners and other nostalgic People :)

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello kind people,

for some sort of in-game-project i am looking for Owners of classic
Houses like Villa/L-Shaped/Small Houses/... who have or are willing
to set their Houses to public and allowing visitors to stroll around.

Even better if you may have it furnished/decorated in some kind of
'uo-historical' fashion.

I espeacially also search for old player-town/player-run establishments
like the Spiritwood Trammel Campus (Big Tower) wich are still standing
and accessable.

Faccets doesn't matter, though in my mind Felucca and Trammel are the
places with most history ;)

Aditional to that i am interested in copies of all sorts of player written
books about uo-historic places, guilds, persons or related items like
books or items from 'The Roman Empire' or such things.

And finally - if you know any spot in the lands which has a special history
or was part of this history of uo and you have the according infoarmation
as well (maybe even written in a book? ;)) - i will be more that happy to
have it shown to me :)

I am best contacted here over the boards (thread-reply or PM) and will
get back to you as soon as i can.

Heimlich and Erasmus: Maybe we can arrange a meeting, i would like to
show you what i am working at to get your input,
feedback and am open for more ;)

Barian, Lien and other GM-Crafters with some 'historical background' *winks*:
I would like to purchase 5 normal wood undyed benches
from you ;) (Haven't checked if you sell benches in at
your shop, Barian - will do so soon ;))

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you already have Valoria on your list? While that project doesnt seem to be active any longer, their webside is still up and the Runelib & Meeting Hall is still standing and a classic, public large tower. According to the web side, their might be some public set books somewhere inside. (Have a look at http://valoria.net/valoria/home/ )

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah no - i remember it briefly and i think i stumbled across it recently, its north
of minoc on the large gras area below the mountains, aye?

I will take a look again and will try to contact someone 'responsible' if possible ;)

Thanks a lot for pointing me*bows*

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Spiritwood you'll also find the Spiritwood Tavern and Spiritwood Theater.

The tavern has been re-designed a few years ago but it's been at the same location since... Well as long as I can remember, which dates it at at least 2003.
Amorph Mus, from EA&E, owns it now.

The theater has been kept with pretty much the same design over the years. Again, I'm not sure exactly how old it is but it's been there as long as I can remember.
I own the theater since... 2005 I believe. It's a bit messy at the moment cause I recently moved the last of my stuff in there. If you're interested I can probably dig up some screenshots of the theater from when it was active.

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And finally - if you know any spot in the lands which has a special history
or was part of this history of uo and you have the according infoarmation
as well (maybe even written in a book? ;)) - i will be more that happy to
have it shown to me :)
History of UO Europa is incomplete without Deepwater. And Deepwater or better: The remains of Deepwater are still standing. And will hopefully stay until the shard goes down. We've played a part in the early history of UO Europa. (Anyone remembers the visit of Lord British?) The old tavern, the tower/library and a few other very old buildings are here. Tavern and library are open to the public.

Best wishes
Crowen

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed would be incomplete without Deepwater, Crowen :) - i am fully aware of that and
it will be a part of my project for sure. Some nice Memorys myself about that Town, even
if i was merely a sosarian child then, looking with big eyes on the wonders of the town and
its almighty citisend - at least that was the impression i got ;)

Spiritwood as well - didn't knew there were still so many of the old Buildings left - thanks Leto - i will definately come back to you all about the locations - and still more to come i hope.

Unfortunately i believe that nothing is left from Ancient Oak, or am i wrong here? I was
looking after the obvious Buildings like the two large Towers and Tobsters Shop, but maybe
there are some other Buildings left there?

So far its all still under construction and i struggle with designs, structures and ways to
deal with several challenges involved, but as i am still testing and sorting stuff, ithink its time to reward your effords to answer my questions with a brief and rough outlook ;)

Attached to this Post you will find two pictures of the momentary state of the entrance
Building off the (hopefully) soon opening:

[proud voice] Sosarian History Park [/proud voice]

It will contain of multiple structures on multiple faccets (incl. felucca ofc.), wich are
connected thrugh teleporters. The Structures will contain examples of historic interieurs
and Items, all guided thrugh by books telling facts and stories.
(And even guided tours or personal guides if wanted and available - every help is welcome)

Also under construction for this is a special rune library for historical sites, wich i try to
build up besides the park-construction.

Well - no idea how fast progress will be - don't want to promise anything - knowing me
and my 'moods' - so maybe needs some patience :)

The Entrance Building is in Trammel, on the Road between Britain and Vesper - on the
small clearing south of Britain Swamps - and its open to the public already - but at your
own risc ;) - All feedback and Ideas, Remarks etc. are most welcome (there are Bulletin
Boards and a Mailbox available)

Attachments

K

Kayne

Crest don't forget Paidric in your Crafters with history part of things.

Also Swaggers Inn has been a big part of things for quite some time.

I

Irvyn

I'm currently the owner of the Spiritwood University Trammel campus, and it'll stand as long as UO continues, if humanly possible. It's fully public and visitors are welcome at any time :)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrm don't know where my reply went - but awesome work on the classic house design reconstructions Crest!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stonekeep should of course be added as well in any history of the shard that includes old player-towns. No classic homes left there though - although it`s been awhile since I was down there.

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately i believe that nothing is left from Ancient Oak, or am i wrong here? I was looking after the obvious Buildings like the two large Towers and Tobsters Shop, but maybe there are some other Buildings left there?
You're right - almost :) The town is long gone, today it's PvP zone anyway. There is only one trace left: Cooper, an alter ego of mine. Valfreya, Njord, Nina Fonseca, Ibram, Hevi.... all left for hopefully better worlds. The guild roster shows the last login 2006, Niklas I think.

I'll keep the stone anyway, A0K is now a one man guild :/ If you see Cooper [Craftsman of the Oak] ingame just say hello.

I could provide some screenshots from the old town, thats all.

Good luck with your project!

Crowen

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stonekeep is all gone as well as far as i saw :( - but yes - will be mentioned as well

All you people remembering those places, if you have a chance just write something
in a book in game if you have the time - like names, some incident - names with
ranks, - or maybe you have a crafted item, a t-map or anything else (even if its
not original) that can be related to the place/history.

Pirates items from Stormhold? ;)

Crowen: you could do me a huuuuuge favour to be honest - if you still have the
crafter - could you make me some of the music stands and quarterstaffs that were
used for the AO-Arena - and maybe also a stool that were standing inside? So i could
rebuild a small corner of it ?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do they have to be classic houses out of curiosity? Because 90% of people changed to customizable houses when they came out, i know all the old RP Guilds that are still around like Grd and -V- all changed. Stonekeep is still there but customizable houses are just better so we all changed, especially better for RP. :)

Its generally all the old guilds/player towns that died that have classic houses still standing for memories and history etc.

Muck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget to mention the "X-Road" Area (Skara,Brit,Yew Crossroad).. i used to have a house there .. man i loved that place ;-)

M

Melchiah

Good to see someone with an eye on the past Crest :)

Mine's still an old style large marble, and has been for seven years now - it's public too, and it's at the end of the swamp between Trinsic and Britain. My second house is also an old L-Shape, and that's just north of the RAA shop - that's public too, and pretty much both are decorated as they were when I first placed or bought them.

I might not be around quite as much lately, but having passed into my eleventh year (as I think you have too recently ;)) gives me a little bit of nostalgia. Plus a nice shiny polar bear, hehe!

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not just the classic house designs i am after, Esca - its two things basicly mixed :)

1.) i search for classic house designs to give people the opportunity to take a look
at the two pre-custom housing areas - the first designs from small houses to
castles and the 'new' designs that were intruduced with the discovery of Trammel
like the small Workshops, Villa, Log Cabin, Sandstone, large Marble etc.

2.) i also search for 'historical' spots like old player run towns and establishments.
i will focus on 'historical' spots as in gone with time and not so much the still
active ones - though i am aware that they often also have historical elements.
But i think the active ones are fully able to keep the memory alive themselves ;)

I then will work on a rune-library for the both parts and the places that merge both
elements - i also have rebuild 4 of the classic house designs on properties of the
Sosarian History Park so far, so people can get an impression of the history of housing
directly there without recalling around.

Muck: maybe you can provide me with some history of that area - most of my memory
and esperiences there are based on the felucca part of that ;) [I-C] anyone? Or the
Shop there *winks at Petra*

Melchiah: great news - i will look out for them and will gladly include them - maybe
you can provide me some infos about intentions and use at some time :)

L

Lady_Mina

I love classic houses aswell.

I own a large tower just east of brit, decorated quite plainly.
Named it 'Gypsy Tavern'.

Deadrat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps not the most famous of all locations but Nokhmar in feluca still "exist" Old ORC town. all houses there are owned by 2 people (one is a rl friend of mine who allso used to be the warboss of severed headz) all that remains of the originals though is the tower i think... as far as the ORC house by the yew orc fort i dont know if its still there and if it is who owns it. the town has a guild calld Nokhmar and consist of those 2 people. they are both inactive though. think one of my toons are still in it.
The place is allso ironicly known as heartglen i think. THough the orcs probably wernt famous for there big hearts:)

afaik i got the only active old "ORC" orc these days. She is lonley i tell you :)

WAAAAGH!