• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client Macro Issues

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the classic client, is the delay command not working anymore? I try to create a macro with a delay between two commands. No matter what value I put in, the delay stays the same & cancels the second command out. I know the delay is in tenths of a second.

Example:

Cast spell -> Onlsaught
Primary Ability
Delay 30 (3 seconds)
Primary Ability

Also, since when does UOAssist not record keystrokes for primary / secondary abilities? It used to I am sure.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have found when editing macros that the interface seems to mess up the order from what I'm trying to do. Maybe delete it from the macro file in Documents and make a new one again?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seems to be working for me, i created a macro to say a word then delay 3 seconds and say another word and it worked fine. i then set one up to cast a spell then delay 5 seconds and cast a different spell and it worked fine also. maybe post a screenie of the macro?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems to be working for me, i created a macro to say a word then delay 3 seconds and say another word and it worked fine. i then set one up to cast a spell then delay 5 seconds and cast a different spell and it worked fine also. maybe post a screenie of the macro?
Actual spells vs combat abilities I think are handled differently. Once you cast a spell it is active and pulls up a target cursor, combat abilities are toggles that "become active" (for lack of a better explanation) when the target is in range. I am not sure they can be setup in a macro to toggle on at certain intervals. I already posted the macro in the original post:

Cast spell -> Onlsaught
Primary Ability
Delay 30 (3 seconds)
Primary Ability

I want to double strike twice while onslaught is active. But instead, the macro toggles double strike on & then off without executing a double strike. The delay value does not seem to change no mater what value I put in.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The macro system in CC or EC is not capable of not deactivating if the Double Strike doesn't land. I get 3 Double Strikes doing it manually. It would be easier if this was possible but it is working how they designed it I suppose.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cast spell -> Onlsaught
Primary Ability
Delay 30 (3 seconds)
Primary Ability

I want to double strike twice while onslaught is active. But instead, the macro toggles double strike on & then off without executing a double strike. The delay value does not seem to change no mater what value I put in.
The 'Delay' function definitely works as intended having just tested it with varying abilities and times, it just pauses for the time allocated, it certainly wont wait for an ability to execute like 'wait for target' which clearly won't work in this case.

The root of the problem for this macro is that both Onslaught and Primary/Secondary abilities are toggles and require the swing of a weapon and a hit on target to activate. If for whatever reason you don't swing, miss or are parried the next action will simply cancel the first one out.

In my opinion these are abilities you want to have 100% manual control of. Sometimes it can take a few swings just to get Onslaught active.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actual spells vs combat abilities I think are handled differently. Once you cast a spell it is active and pulls up a target cursor, combat abilities are toggles that "become active" (for lack of a better explanation) when the target is in range. I am not sure they can be setup in a macro to toggle on at certain intervals. I already posted the macro in the original post:

Cast spell -> Onlsaught
Primary Ability
Delay 30 (3 seconds)
Primary Ability

On slaught was turned on, but your toon misses the hit, and the 2nd on slaught turned off it

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On slaught was turned on, but your toon misses the hit, and the 2nd on slaught turned off it
It is not about missing. I can put a very long delay, hit the macro & in 1-2 sec watch it turn the combat ability on and off. On the flip side, you can do lightning strike with this type of macro. Why? because it is a spell. The issue is the coding of combat abilities.