• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client Character Status

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So someone was asking me the other day, what the spell damage cap is. It took me quite some time to explain that there was none for pvm, and either 15 or 30 for pvp depending on the skills you have. I had to refer the player to a third party website for more info.

Recently the devs have been great with the buffs/debuffs displaying what they actually do, however I believe the status bar should also display pvp/pvm damage caps and explain what skills affect the damage caps etc. Newer players get totally alienated as they're kept out of the loop by the knowledgeable elite.

Also mising from the status bar is :
Hit point regen and cap,
Damage eater and caps.
Specific eater and caps.
Casting focus and caps.
some sort of figure to display mana regeneration (i'm aware mana regeneration has diminishing returns)
The lower mana cost and str/dex/int caps.
Stamina cap
no info in game about what casting/cast recovery each spell school is capped at.

Please can we think of newer players when slowly over time introducing increasingly complex stats/gameplay.

I'm aware the EC has a more in depth display however it's still not listed ingame on EC the spell damage caps and the conditions that relies on.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not what you're asking for, I realise, but a third party website is not required.
An Introduction to Spellcasting | Ultima Online
ok, im pretty sure he meant "any webstite," but thats a matter of definitions. as for the "first party" uo site, its still wrong and incomplete. doesnt mention the 10 sdi bonus from inscription (true cap being 40), that some majic shcools arent subjective to sdi, and the overall wording could be more clear. especially when it says "what counts towards focus" gives the impression that these are spell skills that can actually be focused, when in reality they are the spell groups that can inhibit a "focused" template, not be one on their own.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note, there is an error in the Enhanced Client Character Sheet, RPD is not capped at 105, there is no cap.