• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Bod Vendors - are there some??

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, I was wondering if there is anything left of the classic bod vendor culture (looking on Atl). Seems I can't use vendor search to find anything that would be related to this, and luna seems to have noone. Any hint?

Regards, Fizzle

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
Hi there, I was wondering if there is anything left of the classic bod vendor culture (looking on Atl). Seems I can't use vendor search to find anything that would be related to this, and luna seems to have noone. Any hint?

Regards, Fizzle
I plan to post 10k or so bods this weekend in my shop on Atlantic. I would be eternally grateful if you could direct me at a fair pricing scheme. To me I see bods as either worth what they are as is (in the case of cbd or pof) or as valorite hammers or barbed kits, nothing in between. ToR has a price that would bankrupt me its so low, dont know of others. Thinking of individual prices or possibly as 100 bod lots.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The downside of the current system is that you really can't afford to sell BODs outside of books, and inside of books you can't search for them, and can't tell which books have BODs for sale and which don't.

I personally have a policy on Lake Austin that I put all my excess* BODs on vendors sorted by reward level, in books sorted by material & count, and price every one of them. If I fill an LBOD (especially for tailor), I pull the smalls from the vendors to get back up to my standard "waiting" levels. (and the BODs that are waiting for a large to complete are kept in books in containers, not vendors).

* Excess, being defined as "all Tailor smalls in excess of 3 for a given non-cloth LBOD", and Smith being "all smalls beyond what I need for existing LBODs, plus 1" (as unlike tailor, I get a lot of Smith LBODs, but lack smalls, so if I have 1 LBOD, I'll try to keep 2 of each small for it until I can fill it, 2 LBODs I keep 3, no LBOD I keep 1 of each small, etc.).

Pricing the BODs was fairly simple for me.
Tailor smalls, I typically valued at 2000 (bone) or 3000 (other materials) each, 5000 each for smalls for barbed larges. I consider the cost of filling for the large into BOD pricing (and it takes 50 leather to fill each suit in a studded large, 46 for a female large, 35 for a male large, and bone costs are variable from the inability to recycle while not being able to craft 100% ex), especially since the gold reward values are a bit hazy currently (smalls are 3x point value when not banked - 3x reward cost if claiming a reward with banked - not sure about what rewards that are LBOD only are giving)
Smith smalls, I use the value of POF as a guideline. If the BOD is high enough level to be used for POF, then I subtract the Atlantic value (since ingots are NEVER available on my shard since shard shields came about, and had almost disappeared in the years prior from regular cross-sharders buying out all our vendors to take to Atlantic to sale for 10x what we were charging) of the ingots needed to fill it from the market value of POF on my shard. If the result is negative, I only charge somewhere between 2-5k (depending on mood and how easy it is to get the colored ingots in question). BODs that don't give POF, I price at 1000, and let the buyer eat the cost of bribing them up. Smalls that fit some of the high-end Larges I might price as high as 10-15k, and surplus larges can be in the 10k-50k range, depending on the type. I personally keep, bribe up to 20Ex, and fill all weapons larges I get, to save for the artisan festival or to get certain mid-range rewards.

I've not currently developed a methodology or started vending the other 6 skills' BODs, because they are a mess of poor design.

Though, at the moment, my vendors are bare, as 1 or 2 of the other crafters on LA bought my vendors clean out as part of the push to get two trees to star level in the artisan festival. But, I got a year to fill them back, and a couple hundred BODs to sort collected during the festival that I didn't vend, only search through looking for smalls to finish my partial larges.

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
I see most of my bods are gone from the vendor. I used @Basara pricing scheme, seems I may be a little low given the volume I moved in a week. I just moved another 5k or 6k more bods over, should be up soon. If you need specific tailor or smith bods let me know I can pull them aside for you.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah - feel free to raise the prices to what the market will bear. Most of my BODs are sold to friends and LA's a crafter-heavy shard, even if we're almost always left having to collect our own resources.

ATL is probably prone to speculators buying out low-ball sellers, and the availability of materials is much higher.