• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clarification on Anti-Virtue Artis

A

Azureal

So, I been clamoring around the AV dungeons the last few days, trying to get my hands on some of those juicy 10k point Artis. Managed to get a pair of Solorets, which arent for hand in, but Im still trying anyway. What I dont know is what affected me getting the drop in the first place, so Im asking for clarification.

1. Does the fame level of the creature affect the chance of a drop? Should I be hunting high fame level creatures, or just killing everything I see?

2. Tram or Fel? I bounce back and forth between both facets, and it doesnt bother me either way, I just want to increase my chances of a drop.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't matter which facet you are on or what you are fighting. The drop rate is the same. This is why i take my reptile slayer and just chew through the lizardmen while i collect SPINED hides i usually get a drop every 2000 pieces of leather.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a point system, like the Treasures of Tokuno was. The higher the fame of the monsters you kill the more points you get. The faster you kill monsters the faster you accrue points. Fel gives more fame than Tram. When you accrue enough points, you get an artifact in your pack.

Opinions differ on wether you should kill high end monsters or lots of low end monsters, but I do think the drop rate is faster in Fel.

Good luck!

A

Azureal

Thanks folks!

Been doing lizardmen for ages, the leather is great. Also doing Stone Harpies in Covetous, lots of feathers.

I dont know when the solorets dropped for me, I was bouncing between 3 or so dungeons, hitting everything I could see, hehehe.

Well, I'll keep at it, cheers all!

H

Hunters Moon

Thanks folks!

Been doing lizardmen for ages, the leather is great. Also doing Stone Harpies in Covetous, lots of feathers.

I dont know when the solorets dropped for me, I was bouncing between 3 or so dungeons, hitting everything I could see, hehehe.

The tactic I have used is to bounce back and forth between lizardmen and Ogre lords,trolls and ettins. Wipe out the top level then run down to the bottom and clean house then run back up.

A

Azureal

The tactic I have used is to bounce back and forth between lizardmen and Ogre lords,trolls and ettins. Wipe out the top level then run down to the bottom and clean house then run back up.
Thats about all my Mage-Bard can handle Hunter :) Sounds like a good plan though, gonna give it a whip tonight.

T

Thrand Graywolf

Wipe out easy stuff for a half hour or so in large numbers, then jump down and do a few of the higher fame ones for a bit. Seems to help a little.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you accrue enough points, you get an artifact in your pack.
Actually, the points do not directly dictate when you get an artifact. The points increase your chances to get an artifact. You have some sort of unknown base chance, and the points stack on top of that. But even with a ton of points built up, you're probably still only looking at about a 5% chance.

A

Azureal

Actually, the points do not directly dictate when you get an artifact. The points increase your chances to get an artifact. You have some sort of unknown base chance, and the points stack on top of that. But even with a ton of points built up, you're probably still only looking at about a 5% chance.
Ouch.

H

Hunters Moon

Thats about all my Mage-Bard can handle Hunter :) Sounds like a good plan though, gonna give it a whip tonight.
Good luck. You probably wont even have to use any bard skills there. Just keep tossing out EV's and you'll start getting the anti-virtue items in no time.

H

Hunters Moon

Ouch.
But that is a 5% for a drop chance for each kill. Thats why it is good to kill lizardmen as well.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Thanks folks!

This is a thread that I posted in about the pattern I used ... I need Soilerettes and the cloak for a full set. <shrug> Been working up mules lately.

E

Emil IsTemp

If you want, stand around and kill lizzards all day. Prolly get 2, 3 at most drops.

Rewards:

X Katrina's Crook X lvl11
X Jaana's Staff X lvl11
X Dragon's End X lvl11
X Sentinel's Guard X lvl11
X Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar X lvl11
X Helm of Spirituality X
X Gorget of Honesty X
X Breastplate of Justice X
X Arms of Compassion X
X Gauntlets of Valor x
X Legs of Honor X
X Solaretes of Sacrifice X
X Ankh Pendant X
X UO Logo Sculpture X
X Map of Britannia X

So roughly a 33% chance each drop for a level 11..

T

T_Amon_from_work

If you want, stand around and kill lizzards all day. Prolly get 2, 3 at most drops.

Rewards:

X Katrina's Crook X lvl11
X Jaana's Staff X lvl11
X Dragon's End X lvl11
X Sentinel's Guard X lvl11
X Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar X lvl11
X Helm of Spirituality X
X Gorget of Honesty X
X Breastplate of Justice X
X Arms of Compassion X
X Gauntlets of Valor x
X Legs of Honor X
X Solaretes of Sacrifice X
X Ankh Pendant X
X UO Logo Sculpture X
X Map of Britannia X

So roughly a 33% chance each drop for a level 11..
I pulled 2 drops in an hour using the pattern I outlined ... honest! My son's jaw dropped when he saw that. Both drops were Despise 1 and different armor pieces.

S

Sneaky

By far the fastest way to get these arties is by farming the Despise and Destard spawns in fel.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs have come up trumps with this one!!

Well done devs!! it given folks a reason to go into the old dungeons again to try for the 10k point arti 11s ...or if not them then they can soon put a spare virtue suit toghether...very nice suit too it is!!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a point system, like the Treasures of Tokuno was. The higher the fame of the monsters you kill the more points you get. The faster you kill monsters the faster you accrue points. Fel gives more fame than Tram. When you accrue enough points, you get an artifact in your pack.

Opinions differ on wether you should kill high end monsters or lots of low end monsters, but I do think the drop rate is faster in Fel.

Good luck!
It is faster in fel... more fame per creature.. like 40-50% more fame? I don't know the exact %, but I do know it's a lot more. Run to a champ spawn, and just run it for a bit - you might get PKed or whatever, but could net a few arties before someone shows.

A

Azureal

I headed down to the champ spawn in Depsise last night, the one with Barracoon? Anyhow, there were 3 guys from an Oceania PvP guild there. I siad hi, they said hi. Asked if they needed help, they said they got it, I said cool, Im gonna stand back and watch, never seen a champ before, dont mind me. I stand way back and watch whats going on.

Champ falls. I get pk'd.

*shrug*

One of the guys there res' me, I get my stuff back, climb back on my ethy, and say to my attacker I was impressed, first time Ive seen this sorta thing. And I get pk'd again.

*rolls eyes*

The first time I can sort of marginally understand. Perhaps I was gonna make a run for some of the precious pixels on the corpse. They were protecting their stuff etc etc. The second time was pure /boggle. Oh well, I didnt drop a count on him either time, but as far as arti hunting goes, I'll give the champ spawn a miss.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Champ falls. I get pk'd.

*shrug*

One of the guys there res' me, I get my stuff back, climb back on my ethy, and say to my attacker I was impressed, first time Ive seen this sorta thing. And I get pk'd again.

*rolls eyes*

The first time I can sort of marginally understand. Perhaps I was gonna make a run for some of the precious pixels on the corpse. They were protecting their stuff etc etc. The second time was pure /boggle. Oh well, I didnt drop a count on him either time, but as far as arti hunting goes, I'll give the champ spawn a miss.
Insurance...

a free 5k is a free 5k

and all you said you wanted to do is watch... ghosts can do that too.

PS. This would be the logic behind it...

A

Azureal

Insurance...

a free 5k is a free 5k
If not for the piles of gold laying around on the floor (that neither I nor they touched much of) Id believe this.

and all you said you wanted to do is watch... ghosts can do that too.

PS. This would be the logic behind it...
Yeah, I know I can watch in ghost form. If thats the style of "logic" employed I guess its my own fault.

A

Azureal

But those piles of gold don't go directly into their bank.
Ahh, and the insurance Ive paid on my stuff does? LOL. Awesome. I might talk to the guild in question, get them to make me a member just for a night so I can watch (not in ghost form, hehe) and see how this stuff works. They can then boot me out and PK me till their fingers fall off for all I care.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is because most PKers just want to grief and have no honor. You really have to question the maturity of someone who will res you just to kill you again. I never take a res from anyone in fel...Don't give them the satisfaction.

BTW, stop listening to people luring you to fel because you will get a drop faster. Tram/Despise/Lizardmen works just fine.

For the naysayers, i spent months doing Ogre Lords and never got a single arty drop so i don't think fame has anything to do with it at all.