• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CJ's is officially closed. :(

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went to CJ's this afternoon... OSI owned now... no access. I'm bummed, I loved CJ's... it's been my rune library since I started on LA.

I intend to try to camp the fall and collect as many of the books as I can. If I manage to collect a decent amount, I will open a library off of them and fill in the rest myself. If anyone else is interested, I'm sure it will be a challenge to be there right when it falls and collect enough books.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Old Wolf, I wish to assist in the endeavor.

I have the THB Guild House north of Luna, and it's an 18x18 with little in it but the map runebooks and the training boxes.

As the gaining changes mean I really only need enough boxes for each skill level for a single macro pass, I can easily get rid of most of the boxes and replace with books.

N

Nematode

Sighz, another one bites the dust...

Where is everyone going for their rune library now? Ive always relied on good ol' CJ and dont have an alternative currently...

I

imported_Fran Fury

It is sad... If I happen to catch the actual fall you are welcome to any runebooks I get.

Red, I always went to Wizzies in Luna

I am thinking of adding a smaller section of runebooks to the tavern. Of course people will actually have to go to fel to use them and I am meeting more and more then don't want anything to do with fel

C

Chango Pelon

KOL has a nice rune library. I'll have to hunt down the coords again.

R

RestlessLA

give it a day or 2 and u will be able to enter the house again... osi owned tends to do that sometimes... wizzies in luna did it when it went osi but u can enter it again now... when ur able to go back in just go start marking all the places u want from the books

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey my house is still up for the time being. (Mosiah's Madness) I have a small Runebook Library downstairs and some upstairs...but the ones downstairs are the ones I used to sell on my vendors. 28.44'N 51.49'E ...Southwest of Brit, SouthEast of Cove, on the coast, Kinda South of Compassion (far south) too (in Tram) The Shop books are outdated though now, ahh they changed the ore spawns too didn't they? Them would be useless as well I guess...Got City, Dungeon, Mondain, Shrines, Hunting Places, Special Places, some others too I can't remember, my account is inactive again so I can't go check atm

I

imported_Az of DSR

Bella's rune library at my auction house in luna has a decent selection if anyone needs a quick rune to recall off. Ive used it acouple times, not exactly sure what all is there but it was alot of books. took me a day to place it all right haha.

Anyways its there if ya need it. ( =

I

imported_tek

lets get rid of all runebooks and make everyone ride everywhere like the old days!

G

Wolf,

Drop me a yahoo and when my wife responds she will get you into our homes and you can copy my runebooks. I have a complete backup copy of CJ library ( since i owned it ) for personnel use. If that doesnt work when i get home i will buy a house somewhere for public use and make it shards official rune library again. I will even throw in my ore books since they are screwed now with the ore changes ( largest ore collection prolly on shard ) before changes to it. Had just about every single spot marked in every facet..

Bels

G

This may sound like an insane idea...but since so many love Cj's and Wizzie's it would be nice if all the books from the house falls ..runebooks and quest guides could be gathered up and donated to a new location. Also anything that might be missing from either fall get them replaced as well. 75% of the runebooks i have/had are from CJ's and the old 7-11 rune library. Also a few from the O*T library that Toben had. It is essential though that the location be relatively accessible for everyone to get to...be that new players, existing players and returning players. It would be nice if it was other than Luna...but i guess Luna would do good. As Az mentioned the library that is at his auction house in the North West corner of Luna was given to me by someone who left the game and i felt like sharing it with others. But many know i have often recommended them to use CJ's. I knew this place and the original owner when he placed the house and miss him dearly he was a good person. It saddens me everyday when i think about the place falling. But alas we must go on and hope we can reenstate the institution. Hope many agree.

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I have a place just north of the Brit moongate. If the books can be salvaged, I don't have an issue putting them there for the shard to keep using. It's a bit smaller than existing CJs though, but since the resource spot books are probably no longer needed, could just work.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi all,

I would also be willing to host CJ's rune library at the LA Player's Center in Luna. As you all know it is a house already devoted to the players of LA and I won't close it down until they turn us out and close the shard. If you want to use the center... its ready and I'll make a floor or two available to put it in.

-- El

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

Hi all,

I would also be willing to host CJ's rune library at the LA Player's Center in Luna. As you all know it is a house already devoted to the players of LA and I won't close it down until they turn us out and close the shard. If you want to use the center... its ready and I'll make a floor or two available to put it in.

-- El

[/ QUOTE ]This is a great suggestion and a very logical one too.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hey Solana,

I think you are absolutely the right person to continue and resurrect the tradition. Please let me know of anything I can do to help. If needed I have an 18x18 house directly outside of the North gate of Luna. Its empty and yours if you need it.

-- El

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Solana,

I think you are absolutely the right person to continue and resurrect the tradition. Please let me know of anything I can do to help. If needed I have an 18x18 house directly outside of the North gate of Luna. Its empty and yours if you need it.

-- El

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you El, I just placed an 18x18 outside of the East Gate this evening. I will start getting it all setup and hopefully opened soon. I hope to also get a libary setup there as well. I will surely post when everything is up and running. Thank you for the welcome

~Solana

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds good to me, now we just need to get runebook efforts coordinated.

G

Is this CJ's as in Crazy Joe's rune library east of Britain Moongate? I remember house hunting with him for that spot and helped him get it started...if that is the case. Shame to see all the work go to pot......

I

imported_Fran Fury

Sadly that is the place

It is OSI now and at last check still had 3 vendors up.

G

Yeah Merc...remember when he was originally in the woods to the east of the road...wow..brings back memories...then he got that spot over there on the west side...."wipes a tear from her eye again"

G

Ahh that's right-he wanted to expand it. I quit right after he opened the second one. Hard to believe that much time has passed.

O

Orion Pax LA

<blockquote><hr>

KOL has a nice rune library. I'll have to hunt down the coords again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to know somebody is still playing after I left

I

imported_tek

It dropped today, Soldevi Supreme and Gerrard Arcane of Vamp placed and are gathering up the books

G

<blockquote><hr>

It dropped today, Soldevi Supreme and Gerrard Arcane of Vamp placed and are gathering up the books

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there a point to posting this?
and for the poster before you........

Why couldn't you have some worthwhile loot?!?!?!?!

I

imported_tek

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there a point to posting this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee maybe because people who are trying to save / restore / recreate the rune library would want to know that the library dropped and who got the books so they can copy or buy them. I guess you didn’t read the rest of the thread, I’m so sorry to offend your sensitive nature.

G

haha...well i for one am interested as i always have been ...too bad i wasnt around when it fell...but alas i been sick all week...just glad that some of the books well most from what i heard were gathered up. I would rather someone have them than them get scattered into the void and be lost forever...who knows maybe those who got them all picked up can ban together and put the library back in order.
Good luck to who ever got them....and have fun sorting them and editing them to be current and up to date.