• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Trade Buff bonus being held to ransom, Europa Shard

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are the elections so few and far between? We now have multiple characters aligned with Jhelom on Europa, suits built and chars working around this bonus and have a player that refuses to enable to trade deal bonus to that which he was elected for and used since the last two terms, because he wants to spite us and not allow us the bonus in PvP?

What kind of stupid system is this? So its either a suit re-build or wait a week to change town to a potentially other awkward Governor who is part of the same group as the original one?

And only have to wait till MAY to get rid of either of them.

There has to be a more reasonable system we can put in place @Bleak - maybe even reduce the time between elections to maybe 2 week terms? I don't get why the terms are SO long.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wouldn't matter if you lost it upon death anyway, nothing would stop you from going back to the stone if you happen to die just to refresh the buff anyway..

Stat-loss = downtime for most people, more than enough time to restock/refresh buff.

the only things they should do with the Governor's buffs.

1) Allow the buff to be used on fel side for reds. attainable in fel.
2) Remove the buff completely. -The buff is the only reason any "PvP'er" is a citizen of a city.

Also, whoever the governor is being referenced by the OP, probably doesn't feel like paying for the city bonus to allow everyone to get it for free, without contributing anything to maintain it.. (I'm sure a lot of low-population shards have this problem).

They could add a fee when an individual takes the buff each day 10-25k (whatever it may be) so that people pay for it, instead of those few players doing trade quests and the governor themselves..

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pffff i hate agreeing with you @PwnySlaystation, but *thumbs up* for this one :(

Fix:
-each town should have a locked specific buff (ex: vesper =fc1, moonglow=5ssi)
-buffs are shard similar
-same thing goes for fel towns
-governors cannot change the city buffs
-donations can be done by any town citizen to keep the buffs up

Fixing the town buff bonuses in particular towns will also help pvpers who xfer from shard to another.

Problem solved, and everyone is happy! (Including @Mervyn the jealous red muppet!)

Last edited:

de-chande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Pffff i hate agreeing with you @PwnySlaystation, but *thumbs up* for this one :(

Fix:
-each town should have a locked specific buff (ex: vesper =fc1, moonglow=5ssi)
-buffs are shard similar
-same thing goes for fel towns
-governors cannot change the city buffs
-donations can be done by any town citizen to keep the buffs up

Fixing the town buff bonuses in particular towns will also help pvpers who xfer from shard to another.

Problem solved, and everyone is happy! (Including @Mervyn the jealous red muppet!)
I hate agreeing with you Gandalf but that's exactly the idea I was just about to post. Lock the town to one specific buff. Make it both tram and fel so we can get it on our reds. And let the people of the town donate to keep the town bonus active. Stupid idea having one player control the whole shards bonus. Is why you end up with a couple of towns with the same bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You actually have to wait until June to attempt ousting a governor, but you can publicly shame them for their fecklessness during your shard's monthly Royal Council meeting. (Which I think is on Sunday the 26th at 8:30p UK)

Otherwise, the best fixes for the buff "problem" are:
  1. Don't build your suit around something over which you have no control.
  2. Demand that BS adds buffs to VvV as a reason to fight over towns (since there really isn't one currently).
  3. Demand that BS change the buff system to be player selectable as long as there is 2mil on the stone for that week.
Personally, I think both 2 and 3 need to happen ASAP.

I know the reasons BS doesn't want to change the system, but they are woefully misguided and untethered to objective reality.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Personally, I wish the player could pick which bonus town he wants to activate.
Heck, charge them 10K to do it if you absolutely has to.
And make the bloody bonus available in fel or let red players into tram cities to claim it. Benefiting only part of your player with this bonus base was pretty iffy.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fix is pretty simple, there is 11 type of buffs:
  • Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase
  • Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists
  • Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting
  • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus
  • Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus
  • Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration
  • Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration
  • Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus
  • League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus
  • Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
  • Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase
9 towns:

Britain Jhelom New Magincia

Minoc Moonglow Skara Brae

Trinsic Vesper Yew

Now, if we remove:
Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists (Since buffs will not go over caps)
Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus (5% healing bonus is really nothing)

Then assign a LOCKED buff for each town, problem fixed.

New order will look like:
  • Britain: Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase
  • Jhelom: Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting
  • New Magincia:Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus
  • Minoc: Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration
  • Moonglow: Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration
  • Skara Brae: Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus
  • Trinsic: League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus
  • Vesper: Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
  • Yew: Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase
@Kyronix are those changes doable in future releases?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fix is pretty simple, there is 11 type of buffs:
  • Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase
  • Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists
  • Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting
  • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus
  • Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus
  • Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration
  • Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration
  • Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus
  • League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus
  • Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
  • Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase
9 towns:

Britain Jhelom New Magincia

Minoc Moonglow Skara Brae

Trinsic Vesper Yew

Now, if we remove:
Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists (Since buffs will not go over caps)

Then assign a LOCKED buff for each town, problem fixed.

New order will look like:
@Kyronix are those changes doable in future releases?
Well considering that Jhelom is a warriors town wouldn't it make more sense for it to have the 5% HCI? Anyway I don't like that idea at all... I much prefer folk just staying loyal to the town they actually care about and then being able to chose what they want... in return for remaining loyal to their city .... and my guess is by donating or doing at least X# of trade deals a week... or whatever.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A ton of those bonus are pretty much not very desirable, so no one would be citizen of Minoc, for one. Who would pick +2HPR when there is 1FC, 5 SSI or 5 HCI among the options?
Heck, even 5 HCI city wouldn't see a lot of traffic. It is easy to max it, and 5 SSI is a much better bonus for dexxers.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Minoc isn't exactly a "maritime" city; Vesper or Trinsic would make a lot more sense for that one.

Skara Brae has literally nowhere to mine; Mining Coop doesn't fit that town very well, imho.

Just because of where the ranger's buildings are located, League of Rangers only really makes sense to me for Skara Brae, not Trinsic.

For Britain, Society of Clothiers fits a lot better imho, as a kind of 'generalized benefit' than arcane arts. Arcane Arts imho would make a lot more sense for Wind (see below).

"Guild of Assassins" - that name would best fit Buc's Den, though +SSI still doesn't feel like a good fit for that name imho.

Now, if we remove:
No need to remove anything; there's still 9 towns without a governor that exist in both Tram and Fel - Cove, Delucia, Buccaneer's Den, Haven/Ocllo, Heartwood, Nujel'm, Papua, Serpent's Hold, & Wind.

Since there's 9 virtue towns as well, it'd be easy - just let each city adopt a 'sister' city/town which is (RP) either under their protection or influence, or in a 'mutual defence' agreement with them. Say Vesper and Cove are paired; citizenship in Vesper would allow you to pick either city's benefit.

So now instead of getting rid of 2, we have space to add in 7 more new benefits. There's still 27 guilds whose names weren't yet used for a benefit:

Armourers' Guild
Association of Warriors
Barterers' Guild
Blacksmiths' Guild
Federation of Rogues and Beggars
Fighters and Footmen
Guild of Armaments
Guild of Assassins
Guild of Barbers
Guild of Calvary and Horse
Guild of Fishermen
Guild of Mages
Guild of Provisioners
Guild of Sorcery
Healer's Guild
Lord British's Healers of Virtue
Masters of Illusion
Merchants' Guild
Sailors' Maritime Association
Seamen's Chapter
Society of Cooks and Chefs
Society of Shipwrights
Society of Smiths
Society of Thieves
Society of Weaponsmiths
Tailor's Hall
Traders' Guild

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because you feel belittled (probably after realising how pathetic the post is), doesn't mean i'm bigging myself up.And ontop of having a blue tamer, i also enjoy crafting, and going on picnics.

you can't even purge this buff, it's ridiculous. I can't believe you can carry the buff through to fel.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have always thought that the user should get to pick thier own buff... citizens should be loyal to the CITY... not the governor or the current trade deal. What we have now is an EXTREMELY backward approach to loyalty.

I have also always favored some sort of application fee each time the buff is activated... 5k or something.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Selectable, not locked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the way the system is currently designed encourages people to be loyal to the trade guilds, not the cities. If the trade deal was fixed in each city, whichever cities had the FC and maybe the SSI buffs would have loads of citizens, and the rest almost none. I suppose if those "citizens" are only there for the trade deal it doesn't matter, but some players--the ones actually participating and going to governor meetings--use both, and it shouldn't be a choice between optimally running your chosen playstyle and roleplaying your city loyalty. It never should have, but it is. Swapping the short end of the stick to the other side doesn't make it better.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How about the following?

Trammel: Set by Mayor, at mayor's whim, but a choice MUST be made as long as there is money in the account. The Governor's account is automatically teleported to the place to choose the ability, on log-in, and none of the characters can leave the city until a bonus is chosen. Reds just cannot log in until it is resolved. If there are insufficient funds, the system is inactive, and the Governor is subject to removal via petition to the council. However, any citizen can donate the money needed for a week's activation, to activate the system for that week (will activate the last active bonus).

Fel: Set by city, and two of the cities that aren't part of the Governor system are in the bonus system. Must be in the VvV system to pick a home city, and get its bonus at all time. Each character that chooses such a bonus in Fel results in a deduction of 2% of all gold put into the bank, to fund the power, so that if an account has all 7 characters on a shard getting the Fel-side bonuses, then they lose 14% of all deposited gold as a surcharge.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hmmm, there's an idea. Anyone else remember back when you would actually join guilds? I'm not even sure if you can do it anymore, other than the thieves guild.

But what if each character were able to pledge a guild? Keep city loyalty as it is, one city per shard per account, but each character can also pick a guild. Then the guilds make money each time their bonus is activated - 5k per sounds good. Add in all the missing guild bonuses I mentioned earlier, and match up each governed city with a non-governed one, also as I mentioned earlier.

There's 38 guilds; if we "retire" 'Lord British's Healers of Virtue' for RP reasons, and skip "Fighters and Footmen" if only because it's the most vaguely named guild. Now there'd be 36 guilds, each with their own variation on a bonus, and 36 is divisible by 9 (the number of governed cities). Now let each governor pick 4 of the guilds to "host", 2 in their own city, and 2 in the other city under their control.

Your char now can choose to use their own guild's bonus at whichever city is that guild's host, or that char can also use any of the 4 bonuses available in their account's selected loyalty city.

The guilds each then pay to their host city's treasury half of the fee each time the bonus is used. The other half is 'charged as a fee to the guild by the king' - ie, a recurring gold sink. Now instead of the bonuses being a continual and difficult (esp on smaller shards) cost for the governor, they actually help build the coffers, which now can be used towards things like the elf event, or optional city deco (if the devs ever get that plan going).

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well @OP

No one is stopping you going for governor next time. Then u can choose the Town u like and Set the Buff you like.

Oh wait. You would need loyal Friends who vote for you...

Sorry forget my Post then.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because you feel belittled (probably after realising how pathetic the post is), doesn't mean i'm bigging myself up.And ontop of having a blue tamer, i also enjoy crafting, and going on picnics.

you can't even purge this buff, it's ridiculous. I can't believe you can carry the buff through to fel.

Trust me, nothing you ever do or say could make me feel belittled @Mervyn, I was pking when you was still wandering Haven and i'll always be a better/braver/smarter player than you, bonus or no bonus.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well @OP

No one is stopping you going for governor next time. Then u can choose the Town u like and Set the Buff you like.

Oh wait. You would need loyal Friends who vote for you...

Sorry forget my Post then.
Talking like you even know me? Silence yourself, if i wanted the opinion of a selfish money grabbing trader and nothing more than i'd have asked for it.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is beyond stupid, the FC 1 buff is so over the top better than every buff that any competent player would be an idiot not to build their suit around it. @Mervyn and others who are talking smack are either trolling the OP or just don't know what they're talking about. I remember when myself and about 10+ other guildies just cancelled our subscriptions for a few months because our governors removed the buff...as OP said, we've all built are suits around it, it's an enormous advantage for including mods, it's essential to our gameplay.

That aside, how many threads have pvper's made asking that town buffs be introduced to Fel, how many time have we explained why everyone is now playing blues...

@Kyronix has even said that they were 'looking' into implementing the town buffs into VvV....too bad that was over a year ago.

It's really not that hard, the FC 1 buff is the ONLY one that is essential to pvp, put a permanent stone in Bucs Den, make it a champ spawn reward, have people fight over it, whatever, just make it so that it can be got all the time.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Talking like you even know me? Silence yourself, if i wanted the opinion of a selfish money grabbing trader and nothing more than i'd have asked for it.
dude if you cry around the townbuffs which are even in your own hand to change if you actually would put in some effort in you dont have to expect sympathy from all sides

is the system perfect? no sure not. but instead of being happy that we HAVE that buffs AT ALL all the only thing you can do complaining about a huge benefit for ALL the players the DEVs gave us.

i dont wonder that mesanna dont give a **** about this forum because the majority of posts in UHALL are complaints about this is OP and that is OP. crying here crying there.

instead of starting another avalange of complaining people why dont you make a proper suggestions and send it over via email? if your idea is good they may do somthing? but obviousely you only like to complain.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any citizen should be able to go to the town stone of their citizenry and select the buff that they want for that 24 hr period. Adventurers would normally get up in the morning and dress accordingly to whatever function they were going to attend or actions they were going to perform, they would do this prior to going into town and then selecting their buff for the day. Why isn't there a luck buff ? Like a real one to go along with the statue ? And wheres our Felucca luck bonus on Siege that you devs keep dodging. Get it added to the stat bar already, otherwise it's just a lie that it even exists.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dude if you cry around the townbuffs which are even in your own hand to change if you actually would put in some effort in you dont have to expect sympathy from all sides

is the system perfect? no sure not. but instead of being happy that we HAVE that buffs AT ALL all the only thing you can do complaining about a huge benefit for ALL the players the DEVs gave us.

i dont wonder that mesanna dont give a **** about this forum because the majority of posts in UHALL are complaints about this is OP and that is OP. crying here crying there.

instead of starting another avalange of complaining people why dont you make a proper suggestions and send it over via email? if your idea is good they may do somthing? but obviousely you only like to complain.
Dude, your summary is essentially "we should be glad the devs do a half assed job rather doing nothing at all."

It's their JOB, they get paid for it, they're supposed to be doing this 40 hours a week...they do a bad job of maintaining the game, implementing new content, and interacting with the player base. That's just a fact.

The implementation of town buffs even clearly demonstrates that (the fact they introduced an FC 1 buff which is totally out of proportion in its usefulness to the rest of the buffs). They do this with every arti release too (ie. 20 new items, 19 are completely useless, 1 is extremely useful and game changing).

@Kyronix has said they were going to adjust town buffs for fel...they haven't followed through, that's bad management right there, end of story.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry, did you mis-read the part where i stated your opinion is of zero relevance to me?

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno why but every time Sean posts something , I never watch what he writes because I cannot stop looking at Gandalf's horse stand blocking him on the moongate .

Worst RNG of the year lol :facepalm:

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dude, your summary is essentially "we should be glad the devs do a half assed job rather doing nothing at all."

It's their JOB, they get paid for it, they're supposed to be doing this 40 hours a week...they do a bad job of maintaining the game, implementing new content, and interacting with the player base. That's just a fact.

The implementation of town buffs even clearly demonstrates that (the fact they introduced an FC 1 buff which is totally out of proportion in its usefulness to the rest of the buffs). They do this with every arti release too (ie. 20 new items, 19 are completely useless, 1 is extremely useful and game changing).

@Kyronix has said they were going to adjust town buffs for fel...they haven't followed through, that's bad management right there, end of story.
i think the thing is what you and some other persons dont understand is: YES they work for BS each day. YES some stuff goes wrong which is normal at work (iam sure you are one of those who claim they dont make stuff wrong LOL)

BUT they are how many? 4 or 5 People from which 1 or 2 are actually programmers for that old piece of **** we call UO. that means we should better not piss those guys off too much because i think honestly they if someone of those quit there this game will be gone within a few months as NO one will apply to that job to prgramm outdated software for most likely a payroll which cant be compared to modern game studios.

so instead of whipping the "bad DEVS" every 2 days with torches and forks through the damn village you should be a bit more thankful to still be able to play uo.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry, did you mis-read the part where i stated your opinion is of zero relevance to me?
well last time this was a public forum open for discussions, which means i dont care if my opinion is of relevance for you because iam too busy with laughing my ass of about crybabies

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Outside of all the petty insults...

I'm really not clear on why this thread even exists. If you want a town buff choose the correct town that has your buff and make sure the town coffers cover the cost of keeping it active. If the town Gov is not doing that then run for Gov yourself. That way you will ensure you have the buff you want, when you want. Working as intended imo.

What am I missing here?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It's their JOB, they get paid for it
And they did their job.
It´s not their fault that PvPers only have three things on their mind: Mine, Mine and Mine.

I guess the moral of the story is that you should never build your suit around something you can´t control.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And they did their job.
It´s not their fault that PvPers only have three things on their mind: Mine, Mine and Mine.

I guess the moral of the story is that you should never build your suit around something you can´t control.
The buffs are poorly thought out, they're not close to being equal. The same can be said for the new arti releases. For the past several releases of new items (going back to the roof encounter) we've had the Devs say 'tell us what makes a useful item.' That in itself is laughable. The fact that folks have come on here and written out in detail why certain items are useless and others are not and the Devs still don't get it is just shameful.

They're bad at their jobs and we clearly need to continue to hold them accountable if there is any hope of **** getting fixed.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the thing is what you and some other persons dont understand is: YES they work for BS each day. YES some stuff goes wrong which is normal at work (iam sure you are one of those who claim they dont make stuff wrong LOL)

BUT they are how many? 4 or 5 People from which 1 or 2 are actually programmers for that old piece of **** we call UO. that means we should better not piss those guys off too much because i think honestly they if someone of those quit there this game will be gone within a few months as NO one will apply to that job to prgramm outdated software for most likely a payroll which cant be compared to modern game studios.

so instead of whipping the "bad DEVS" every 2 days with torches and forks through the damn village you should be a bit more thankful to still be able to play uo.
So you're living in fear that the devs get pissed at a bunch of internet forum comments? Your sentiment is still "we should be grateful for half-assed stuff." That's laughable.

If a waiter screws up your order do you not say anything because you're worried that the waiter is going to storm out and quit on the spot?

No matter how old the game is, they have a job, they are responsible for their job, they are accountable to the folks who play the game, they do a bad job of absorbing player feedback and putting it in the game.

Free shards have better player-dev interactions than the paid game does for christ sake.

Remaining silent and pretending that there's nothing wrong isn't going to fix anything.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you're living in fear that the devs get pissed at a bunch of internet forum comments? Your sentiment is still "we should be grateful for half-assed stuff." That's laughable.

If a waiter screws up your order do you not say anything because you're worried that the waiter is going to storm out and quit on the spot?

No matter how old the game is, they have a job, they are responsible for their job, they are accountable to the folks who play the game, they do a bad job of absorbing player feedback and putting it in the game.

Free shards have better player-dev interactions than the paid game does for christ sake.

Remaining silent and pretending that there's nothing wrong isn't going to fix anything.
i dont think that the comments are the main issue if this is your question. but when i could have a job in a more known company for more cash to actually program the latest stuff when no little kiddos flame me all 3 days i think it can be the drop which makes the barrel more than full

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps this is more of a social issue then a game mechanic issue? I think someone angered the Gov of Jhelom and the Gov of Jhelom is replying in kind.

consequence can be a biotch
Governors that anger their citizens can get removed from office, UO Govs can't, they get to abuse until the next election cycle, mainly because we have a King refusing to do his job.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont think that the comments are the main issue if this is your question. but when i could have a job in a more known company for more cash to actually program the latest stuff when no little kiddos flame me all 3 days i think it can be the drop which makes the barrel more than full
And what makes you think that they have better paying job offers from better known companies just pouring in?

Also, pretty sure the last Stratics poll pretty clearly showed that the majority of posters here are 40+ years old. That's pretty much as easy as it gets for a developer, an old community largely driven by addiction/nostalgia that largely doesn't know jack about the gaming world...

We're not asking for a lot here either. We're just asking that they take an already existing function and put it somewhere else in the game so it can better serve that segment of the game where it makes a HUGE impact...and we've been asking for it for more than a year and have given ample reasons as to why this would make sense, the Devs have even said it would make sense...and yet it's been over a year and there's nothing to show for it.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governors that anger their citizens can get removed from office, UO Govs can't, they get to abuse until the next election cycle, mainly because we have a King refusing to do his job.
I don't disagree. Most of the time they are just not reelected though. However, who says the population has been angered. Only one person has posted with an issue. The Gov may have just become one of the most popular Governors on the shard for his actions. Just speculating, of course.

Last edited:

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are the elections so few and far between? We now have multiple characters aligned with Jhelom on Europa, suits built and chars working around this bonus and have a player that refuses to enable to trade deal bonus to that which he was elected for and used since the last two terms, because he wants to spite us and not allow us the bonus in PvP?
@Bleak - maybe even reduce the time between elections to maybe 2 week terms? I don't get why the terms are SO long.
Hi there,
As explained in gen chat the town doesnt have any money to add buff, the citizens need to do contributions. It was confirmed today by the town govenour that the city bank box is empty :)
Also why build an entire suit just around 1FC bonus, its not that huge difference with todays great suits.

We decide on Europa

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gov system refuses to recognize fel and refuses to do any events there . its a trammie system. It should not have buffs that go to fel.

very simple.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding politics to UO was one of the dumbest ideas ever!! It turned UO into a jerry springer show. Personally I think there should be no buffs from any town for any reason, if you cant make a good suit with todays legendaries, then you should quit and save our tailors from making too many tissues! Worst idea ever was adding governors right behind shard shields which completely ruined every shard except atlantic.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

How about we get this Governor's buff situation taken care of next publish (or sooner), let the citizens choose which trade deal buff they get, instead of leaving this in the control of the Governor.

Set it up to where if you pick up the trade-deal it donates 10-50k gold to the stone (a set amount, based on your loyalty to the city, the lower loyalty the more gold the trade deal costs), this way it'll help fund the city as well. and get rid of the moochers taking the trade deal without contributing to the city.

either that, or get rid of the delay on switching citizenship.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why are the elections so few and far between?
Just to clarify on this part, the elections were every 3 months originally (I was a governor under that system in Atlantic Yew) and it was WAY too short, the first month was always spent just getting to know our citizens, introducing ourselves, having a vote on what the buff should be etc. .... the 2nd month was maybe one event while trying to get people to donate gold for the trade deal.... the 3rd month had to be almost entirely dedicated to preparing for our re-election so was completely wasted (it was much harder to win an election back then compared to now since the system was a lot more popular, I got over 300 votes and only won by 0.1% the first time). Then if a governor lost their re-election it totally wiped out any type of story arc they were working on as the new governor always cancelled it and made their own....

We asked for the terms to be extended since 3 months didn't really give us any time to do much, so they extended it to 6 months which worked much better.... however now that the system isn't as popular anymore it seems to be getting inactive people stuck as governors for ages until the next election.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of having the bonus locked to the town let the citizen decide. Let every citizen vote on the stone. The choice with the most votes wins automatically. Remove the votes once an account goes inactive.