• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Selector, EA-Land, and TC3 going offline for update.

G

GregK

We will be updating the City Selector and EA-Land first.

Then we will update Test Center 3.

Regards,
gk

I

imported_Gracie Nito

What Greg meant to say is that when City Selector goes offline...nobody can log in.

G

GregK

What Gracie said ....

Also, EA-Land is down.
City Selector going off line in moments.

Updates shortly.

Regards,
gk

G

<blockquote><hr>

What Gracie said ....

Also, EA-Land is down.

Updates shortly.

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the downtime at this moment? How long?

G

<blockquote><hr>

and the cities wont ever open again?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats tomorrow

G

GregK

Down time for EA-Land and City Selector should be 30-60 minutes.

Down time for TC3 should be 30-60 minutes.

We are updating versions. Essentially, a new build is going to TC3, the build that was on TC3 is going to EA-Land.

Regards,
gk

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What Gracie said ....

Also, EA-Land is down.

Updates shortly.

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the downtime at this moment? How long?

[/ QUOTE ]

gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Downtime is now.
Updates are shortly.
Return to service would be soon thereafter .

hehe.

G

GregK

City Selector back up.

EA-Land opening.

Test Center 3 starting shutdown sequence.

Regards,
gk

M

Monkeybear

TSO client only shows 3 sims now most of us can't run more than 1 sim now because the production sims override our EAL sims

H

Honey Doo

OMG OMG OMG!!! lol HELP!!!

or i could be just jumping the gun lol

Um i just loged back in and i have all these sims in slots from beta??? help! i have lost all my new EA sims?
did not know where to post this so i went with something from Greg lol

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

OMG OMG OMG!!! lol HELP!!!

or i could be just jumping the gun lol

Um i just loged back in and i have all these sims in slots from beta??? help! i have lost all my new EA sims?
did not know where to post this so i went with something from Greg lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You are only allowed 8 sims in EA Land

This is house it works

4 BV sims
3 Production sims

which adds to 7 sims so that means you only should have made 1 ea land sim to bring it to 8.

H

Honey Doo

um that is NOt what lee sais on tso e blog lol
so i flipping have all these sims now that i have never used from beta?
and lost everything i have built up from ea?
uuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; not a happy camper lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Wow. All my Betaville sims are in EALand. Wonder if this was supposed to happen. LOL.

H

Honey Doo

woot got gracie the all mighty with same thing, maybe this means it will go back?? lmao

D

donnallg

But are they playable?

Anyone having to verify? It's telling me "Warning: Can't write file"

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If the login screen works like TC3, then you should be able to get your EALand sims back by deleting betaville sims. If they give us access to delete them.

I see the new login shows my DG sim and my BV sims. Even though I can't play them until they merge.

H

Honey Doo

let me answer you clearly Nope , nope and nope not playable at all lol

H

Honey Doo

let me answer that clearly Nope nope and nope not playable at all lol

DOH!!!Q sorry posted same twice lmao

T

Tristan Lewis

Does your tarrget field end like this "-CSCity:EA Land"?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Nope you can't play some sims until they merge to EAland. Which is kind of a bummer. I was hoping to play my EALand sims until merges complete. Guess I'll be forced to make a decision about those BV sims now rather than later.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Just checked. The new EA-land sim select screen includes all our sims from other cities even before they are merged.

H

Honey Doo

OH you soooooooooooooo rock gracie lol
retired bv and there my others are lol wooohoooo ty ty ty

um if i would i would um kiss ya lol ok so hug ya lol

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No it isnt but i just added that and alli get is internal error

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Eep. Don't blame me when they merge BV next week! I can't delete my betaville sims that fast. LOL. I have to think about this. There's no getting back the sims you delete!

H

Honey Doo

oh boo gracie i am sorry lol

i made mine a long while back and never went back to bv so was a no brainer for me

G

Here is my target line from my shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

It must be exact, or you will get an error.

M

Monkeybear

Arnt they being merged seperatly into ealand

Ill try it

edit, it works! Shows all 8 sims

ty cg

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Well yes , I know they are there because they will be merged some day. However, I didnt expect them to use up my extra 4 slots so soon while I wait for yet another dang merge.

So now I have to decide if I really want my BV family of sims or do I want more slots now for EAland.

Honey obviously wanted her slots. I'm still on the fence.

G

I think it would be real nice if they would give us some indication of exactly how soon the merges may occur. Then we would have a better idea of what to do with those betaville sims. Also, are we actually going to get the skill locks our accounts are entitled to? If so, then having baby sims wouldn't be so bad and I would find it easier to retire a much older bv sim. I am finding the limitations of baby sims very lacking. I miss playing my older sims who have locks, and who can put out more than 100? objects, etc.

So come on guys, please give us some idea here of what is going to happen when.

H

Honey Doo

well this is just my own thought process on that ,
waited this long, if not ready to give up bv family, then might as well wait a little longer

M

Monkeybear

What the new skinnable paintings look like for anyone thats interested...

Edit - just found a bug that crashes you to desktop and deletes your paintings.

I had a bitmap on the large black painting (the one of the far right in the screenie) i viewed it and crashed to desktop when i logged back in all my custom paintings were deleted and my bitmap was returned to my inventory, ive tried it twice, both times i crashed and both times all my paintings were deleted

G

are we not able to login multiple accounts now?

here is the scenario....

either login via tsopatch, then by tsoclient, or both by tsoclient and what happens is the 1st tso screen i am able to use the scrollbar at the bottom to see all my sims, but on the second screen that scrollb ar at the bottom doesnt work and i can only access the 1st 3 sims, not the ones i need to scroll to get to.

if i only log in the 1 acct it will scroll to all sims or if i log that acct first, but then what ever acct i log second now does the scrollbar thing where it wont scroll to other sims.

whats up with this?

T

tc07

I cannot scroll on the sim selector I have AV sim Bf sim and tc3 it will not go over to ea-land sim I created at all.

G

ys now i'm having troubles just gettig it to scroll at all, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

S

Solono

Is there a reason why my sims won't choose the custom content chairs that I put at the dining table for them to eat at and instead eat standing up?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Is there a reason why my sims won't choose the custom content chairs that I put at the dining table for them to eat at and instead eat standing up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this happening in TC3 or EAland?

M

mysticlisa516

*Just hitting reply*

WTF happened to my EA Land Sim. On one of my account I had 1 BF sim that come over on the bullet train, 1 EA sim, and 2 test center sims. My EA sim is missing. Yes, I did scroll, nothing there. She had over 8k. I want my sim back. Dammit, she was my favorite sim. uggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh

Ditto on account #2.

Only my oldest account looks intact,,,i am not happy right now. EA, you are messing up bad. Not going to take much more for me to quit.

R

rookie

Has anyone gotten 2 accounts up at one time that show all 8 sims since the update? If so could you tell us how? I can only see 3 BV sims on second account cant scroll to other 5 sims.

I

Inge Jones

I can only get to 6 sim slots. All mine were made for EA and I don't have any in other cities apart from TC3, but I can only make 6 sims.

M

mike1977

This works for me when I want to run a sim on my second or third account:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

T

tc07

I did that and it still won't let me scroll on any of my accounts the only ea sims I can see is the ones that came over on the train not the ones I made before hand.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone gotten 2 accounts up at one time that show all 8 sims since the update? If so could you tell us how? I can only see 3 BV sims on second account cant scroll to other 5 sims.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the BV sims are unimportant to you, you can just retire them until your EAzy Land sim comes into view.