• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City names

P

Peppie

I know Sims Online is gone and we all moved or going to move to EA land. But is there any chance to keep city names? I think its kinda broing to have a global map now with no different city names

What do you think?

G

I wouldn't mind seeing City Names on the Global Map the same way we see neighborhoods on city maps. It'd be nice to also have the city name at the top of the page while in City View, and maybe even something in our bio that says "Moved/Merged from [insert city]."

I don't mind either way though, just thought the above ideas that I've heard from others were pretty neat.

G

Actually it may be easier to read if all you do is roll over the city and the city name appears. Whenever I get to city view and ALL the names of neighborhoods pop up it's just too much. It gets annoying. You can't see what house is open. Most of the time I look for the red lights because not all houses are going to show up by the search filter. I just wanna see the views of the city kept clean.

G

It would be nice for the old city names to appear at the top in city view instead of EA Land for all of them. New players will never know where they are really living, and it would be a shame for the names to be lost except in the memories of a few old-timers.

P

Peppie

<blockquote><hr>

It would be nice for the old city names to appear at the top in city view instead of EA Land for all of them. New players will never know where they are really living, and it would be a shame for the names to be lost except in the memories of a few old-timers.

[/ QUOTE ]

YAP! thats ecaxtly what i mean i hope they gonna add city names someday:)

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yep yep....I'd like to see city names too.

Now I sit there and squint and try to figure out which neighborhood is which....but MF wasn't hard to spot.....that big old volcano sitting almost in the middle of the map.

....wonder if they could give it 'smoke' plumes someday?

G

I would love to move my house back into "Alphaville". I think this is a great idea. Kudos!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know Sims Online is gone and we all moved or going to move to EA land. But is there any chance to keep city names? I think its kinda broing to have a global map now with no different city names

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
I asked Pari about this a couple of months ago - she said the old city names will eventually appear on the map as "neighborhoods".
I believe they have changed their minds about this, but at least we know they were thinking about it - maybe can get them to think about it again.

G

It would be infinitely easier if the global map included city names....just so you could visit an old friend in their city of choice or check on who is still there....or just plain know where you are, so you could make notes about some property you had seen.

I went in last night to see how IH had fared, and had a tough time remembering exactly what the map looked like!
I suppose it could be a fun challenge to try to remember the topography of 12 cities for old timers, but it is gonna be hell on new players!

We definitely need city names.