• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City elections

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leaving out the arguments about the system (those are already active over on UHall anyway) I am intrigued to know who intends standing, for which towns, come 1st June.

Anyone have plans?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll stand for Yew... now the GRD seem to have largely disappeared, it would be nice to be Mayor of the city I first arrived in Britannia in, back in 1989... but I've not thought of how I'll roleplay it when I run yet, as June is a fair way away yet

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moonglow of course ... born there more than 13 years ago, never left the island ... well, at least not to LIVE anywhere else *g*

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intriguingly, having asked on a couple of forums and chatted to folks in-game and through ICQ, everywhere seems to have at least one person planning to stand (assuming they go through with it of course) and several towns, two...

I'd considered it, but the towns I 'live' in already have people wanting to stand who I think would do a good job - so maybe will have to look for somewhere else.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Among my characters I have a 'Duke' in all the cities and a couple of Knights dotted about but I am not intending to stand for any of them. Although I have played for quite a while now my main was born in 'Old' Haven and that would be the only town I would be interested in. I have no real allegiance to anywhere else so I will simply vote in cities where I know the person standing.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intriguingly, having asked on a couple of forums and chatted to folks in-game and through ICQ, everywhere seems to have at least one person planning to stand (assuming they go through with it of course) and several towns, two...

I'd considered it, but the towns I 'live' in already have people wanting to stand who I think would do a good job - so maybe will have to look for somewhere else.
The winner can give titles remember, so there's no reason why a "party" can't run, and the winner hire "Deputy Mayor" (title) if you wanted to roleplay that out. It's much better than the inevitable "We Roxxor Joo" special titles people will give once they realise that's an option anyway...!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The winner can give titles remember, so there's no reason why a "party" can't run, and the winner hire "Deputy Mayor" (title) if you wanted to roleplay that out. It's much better than the inevitable "We Roxxor Joo" special titles people will give once they realise that's an option anyway...!
Oh great - just what Europa needs - people with stupid titles... then again if that's what the players want then who am I to criticise it? Takes all kinds of players and play styles. But really are players going to be able to give out titles? Isn't this just a little bit open to abuse and stupidity and favouritism? Wow. GRD I am sure are turning in their graves. Not to mention anyone who was involved in ERPA, CoY or CoRE.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh great - just what Europa needs - people with stupid titles... then again if that's what the players want then who am I to criticise it? Takes all kinds of players and play styles. But really are players going to be able to give out titles? Isn't this just a little bit open to abuse and stupidity and favouritism? Wow. GRD I am sure are turning in their graves. Not to mention anyone who was involved in ERPA, CoY or CoRE.
Yes, I had a long protest with the Devs about that; they state there will be a code of conduct the Mayors are expected to follow, backed up by the GMs... but I have my doubts. In some ways I plan to run just to protect 1/8th of the towns from expected ridiculousness, but unless the idea really takes off and is widely supported, I believe we'll see some eyebrow raising candidates in the future.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, I protested this with the devs as well, but as it stands the whole system doesn't really do anything except for roleplayers (and who needed a system like this to do that anyway, as players can open ballots and declare the winner mayor, right?), and potentially griefers.

There will be a meeting with the EMs, great, but what's the use of that? I thought the system would exist as framework for players to provide more content for other players, by allowing players to create quests and community efforts to build structures in the towns etc. But nooooo, everything has to be handled through the EMs. We could already do this through the EMs without a city election system, so what is the bloody point, I wonder.

Anyway, if I get elected I'll use whatever influence I have to get as much events, quests and content produced for the players so there is stuff for players to do. I might be the lice in the dev's pelt but if they listen, at least it'll bring a lot of activity to the game, I think.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But really are players going to be able to give out titles? Isn't this just a little bit open to abuse and stupidity and favouritism?
Some people will use it stupidly, but given that can already be done perfectly visibly through Guild titles, I can't see it being that much of an issue to be honest.

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Out of topic but talking about MY beloved Moonglow i think a remembrance "add on" for Tracy should be done. Yes, i'm talking about Tracy the tamer, the fab gal who used to live on a small tower just bit south-east of glow moongate.
John you should remember Her me think..