• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Difference

S

Shyanne1

What is the difference between "Test Center 3" and "Test Center 3-test"???

G

test center 3 is where u play. Test center 3-test is where u go to test objects like custom content and stuff.

G

I thought

<u>TC3</u> is where you play.

<u>TC3 Test</u> is where you log in (not play) to test and see if your your graphics card will work with the updated graphics.

G

<blockquote><hr>

test center 3 is where u play. Test center 3-test is where u go to test objects like custom content and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say, that's wrong. MUCH wrong

Both of them are the same cities

Except the Test Center 3-test has "updated" graphics, you can still build CC in both cities.

I don't somewhat have the newest DirectX 10 or whatever (don't ask me), so I need to use the TC3, but some people might start usin' Tc3-test with better graphics =)

G

TC3 test is only to test your computer for the graphics updates. Its possible to play, but tends to be laggy and choppy. Everyone should try it to make sure their graphics card can handle the upcoming changes.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I've tried TC3-Test, and was able to play just fine. But yeah, there is some lag and choppy animation.

Speaking of DX10, I wonder what this game would look like with THAT! We may have some interesting water effects, clouds floating overhead from city view, and who knows what else.

Naturally, we would need to have an option for DX9 and 10, since not everyone (including me) really cares to upgrade to Vista.

T

TKSpeedy1

In my case, I can't afford to upgrade to Vista...it would mean getting a new computer, which I can't afford. I've been trying to get a new video card, but so far the ones my father's co-worker has had available aren't compatible. So I'm still praying EALand doesn't upgrade to SL or Sims 2 graphics for a long time or I will either have to cancel my account or stop playing until I can get a new computer, which will suck.

G

Hasn't there been recent talk of keeping both versions? I would ask about this, at EA Town Hall, if I were you.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Hasn't there been recent talk of keeping both versions? I would ask about this, at EA Tow Hall, if I were you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? YIPEE! *happy dance* That would be a good solution since I think if they just updated to new graphics that some of our computers can't handle, they'd probably lose a lot of players. I'll be sure to ask in the Town Hall. One of these days, I'll remember to stop in there, I'm sure. Seems I'm never on when it is open. But thanks for the suggestion.