• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Christmas Tree

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I won't have much time today and tomorrow, but do have Wednesday off so I will have some time there. I like the idea of a vendor giving out filled bods and I can help fill some of them.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we do need to coordinate as a shard to make this tree happen. I would like to see everyone who wants one get a gift box. The fest is in Jhelom right now, and while we shouldn't ignore Jhelom, I think we need to push for the next city which would begin on Friday(?). That would give every one the weekend to log in and get bods to turn in. It would also give us most of this week to build up a stockpile. I think using the steward system would be a good way to keep greedy gremlins in check

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing but love for ya Razz! :naughty-angel:
Same here Baby Doll =)

I didn't mean any sort of separation in my comment. That link was posted on White Council's public forum last night. We just started talking about some sort of strategy after finding how futile our efforts were on the first tree. Hopefully we can make this a shard wide effort, as you said.

The thought on the Jhelom tree is we get as many players as possible, and their alts, to put in 1 junk BoD each and then have the mains add however many they want (if they want to). The main thing is making sure to keep a count of the BoD points each player submitted to the elf. This is to see if we can maximize the amount of rewards on this tree and account for the points put into the tree and how much it grew based on those points.

Hoffs lays it out pretty well in the link I posted above.

At the same time we have started filling all the BoDs we can for an attempt to complete a tree this season (not Jhelom).

Hopefully there will be some good info added to the forums before a tree is picked for an attempt.

Maybe we should all post a good time for everyone and settle on a tree to focus on? I would prefer a weekend, any weekend.

Last edited:

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, how about we use Jhelom to gather this info, and prepare for a big push for whatever town will be this weekend.

I have begun filling bods from my collection, and I've got a steward ready on my porch in safe haven.

Who is willing to fill bods, and who is willing to host a steward? Also, who would like to collect filled bods and get them to the people hosting stewards?

We also need a common keyword for the stewards. Once we've got this stuff covered, we can make an official post with the detailed plan, and the steward locations.

Time is of the essence Siege! The closer the holidays get, the less playtime the family lets me have!

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can do this weekend but I would personally vote for next weekend (Dec 17th). It will give enough time to get the word out and prepare. I could use this weekend to fill my BoDs.

Once we get some feedback from the Jhelom tree I was planning on posting to all other shards on stratics to let everyone know in case they want to participate also.

I would think 2 weeks (Dec 17th weekend) would give us maximum saturation.

And if Jhelom goes well, gift wise, we can always keep dropping single junk bonds on the other trees leading up to the Dec17th weekend.

Last edited:

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok got the skinny on the Stewards.

I'll be setting up a few stewards at my Mag house tonight so people will have a safe place to get the BoDs from.

If you want to give to the cause hollah at me in game, ICQ or PM

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are using the banked points per Kyronix....

Kindly look again at what Lord Frodo and Kyronix had to say just a bit above here ...

Lord Frodo said: "So would those fractions be like I don't know lets say %2 for a SBOD and %20 of a LBOD. I have the sneaking suspicion that they are using the Bank Point system with the Tree/Gift because that is already in place."

Kyronix replied: "Yes."

See the bold, red part that I highlighted? Frodo made an educated guess and Kyronix replied to the affirmative. To me that means the banked value is what is being used on the tree/gift thingy. That's how I read that whole two posts. Simple.

Avariel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I got the steward set up @ the Tree house, SE corner Zento. The House is Christmas Decorated and the Steward is literally on the corner.
Thank you for coming to turn in a BOD to the Christmas Tree Elf and Good Luck :heart:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Got my steward dressed and will set him up tomorrow. My castle is linked to Petra's Abyss house, which is linked to both the Umbra hub and Babydoll's house in Magencia. My castle is completely open to the public, and will start getting the gift boxes filled with holiday booze soon.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One little thing more, there is a note in the popup, that the Elf like treats and cookies too and he su.re like the Gingerbread cookies, so that may be a way to join for players with few bods.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lord Frodo said: "So would those fractions be like I don't know lets say %2 for a SBOD and %20 of a LBOD. I have the sneaking suspicion that they are using the Bank Point system with the Tree/Gift because that is already in place."

Kyronix replied: "Yes."
That explains why this tree is growing WAY faster the the first one.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege rocks, I will help get that star on top as soon I get home from work.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like Gilfane is going to try to max Jhelom tree out. It's already level 4 so might as well give it a shot. This will also give us an idea on what points are needed for the high level stages. Be sure to place at least 1 junk BoD on the Jhelom tree. If it does get maxed then everyone gets a reward.

The Dec 17th weekend data is also still a go. There are plenty of LBoD that are not ready for Jhelom tree but can be filled and ready for the Dec 17th date.

Artisan Festival strategy

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have a few BODs on a steward at my house if anyone needs or wants to place just one

My castle is south of the safe haven swamp. You can get there by taking the abyss tele at the Umbra hub and taking the tele all the way to the right.

Key word is BOD.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what's getting the tree so big this time ? More individuals turning in bods now, or as Razz says, it's Gils doing ?

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's getting the tree so big this time ? More individuals turning in bods now, or as Razz says, it's Gils doing ?
Kyronix gave the big scoop (couple posts up). The first time I think everyone was putting in Small BoDs and not Large BoDs. On another thread Kyronix said that the points are based of the banked points so the Small BoDs were not even putting a dent in it. Once people started putting in LBoDs it started growing pretty quickly. Jhelom tree is almost fully grown. :danceb:

Oh and it's Definitely a Shards wide effort. Lots of people were there every time I went to drop some BoDs off.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Hoffs calculated that it's going to take approximately 350 LBoDs to complete a tree.

Based on this when do you guys want to try for the next tree? We could go in 2 weeks (Dec 17th) or we could try for the one on Christmas so we can have a tree for Christmas Day.

Personally I like the idea of one on Christmas. I need more time to get more LBoDs also.

Sound off here on your preference.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But if you take the time getting them ready before, then all you have to do is when the tree starts just take all the lbods you have and drop on the tree , Then come back when bag pops and collect your gifts . All the alts and non bod fillers can just drop one on during the 3 days it is up.

b

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Becca has a point, what are the exact dates for the cycle that's on Christmas?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If anyone do have a pile of weapon Large BoDs, they know they never are going to fill, I could use them for the next Christmas tree

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had been thinking how non crafters can help the crafters. Building this trees are very expensive in time and resources for the crafters and the younger not so rich ones may not be able to afford it, even wwhen they do have the skill to help.

My idea is, instead of putting up stewards with free bods for the non crafters, I rather see the crafters put filled, ready for the elf on vendors.

Prices could be something like 500-1k a banking point, this way the crafters will get some gold to buy new resources and get paid for their time.
I know the first trees had already costed me mills in resources, young crafters can't afford that.
If we are enough crafters, we may be able to do more than one tree more.
It take 2oo-400 large bods to build the tree with star on the top and gifts to all who turn in at least one BoD. If we do not make it to top and it become a raffle, the ones with most banking point on their bods do have best chance to get a gift.

Normal SBOD: 500 - 1k
Exp SBOD: 2.5k - 5k
Exp weapon bod: 60k - 120k
Colored Smith BOD 250 banking point: 125k - 250k

How do that sounds? I believe it could make more crafters give a hand if they get a little more than a single gift for using lots of resources and time.

Next thing we need is Miners, Lumbers, cloth and leather gatherers to help selling the resources the crafters need or any other with large piles stored in their bank or home.

Last edited:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I had been thinking how non crafters can help the crafters. Building this trees are very expensive in time and resources for the crafters and the younger not so rich ones may not be able to afford it, even wwhen they do have the skill to help.

My idea is, instead of putting up stewards with free bods for the non crafters, I rather see the crafters put filled, ready for the elf on vendors.

Prices could be something like 500-1k a banking point, this way the crafters will get some gold to buy new resources and get paid for their time.
I know the first trees had already costed me mills in resources, young crafters can't afford that.
If we are enough crafters, we may be able to do more than one tree more.
It take 2oo-400 large bods to build the tree with star on the top and gifts to all who turn in at least one BoD. If we do not make it to top and it become a raffle, the ones with most banking point on their bods do have best chance to get a gift.

Normal SBOD: 500 - 1k
Exp SBOD: 2.5k - 5k
Exp weapon bod: 60k - 120k
Colored Smith BOD 250 banking point: 125k - 250k

How do that sounds? I believe it could make more crafters give a hand if they get a little more than a single gift for using lots of resources and time.

Next thing we need is Miners, Lumbers, cloth and leather gatherers to help selling the resources the crafters need or any other with large piles stored in their bank or home.
I just put a bunch of resources on crafting Slave in new mag. If anyone needs more or different ones I am out of on her just ask

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't know what it is but I love this event. I have always loved mining, lumberjack, and cotton/wool gathering and filling bods... I have yet to find efficient ways for a crafter to gather leather but I am trying to work on that now.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Stewards should only have filled BoDs on them, ready for anyone to take and turn in.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what it is but I love this event. I have always loved mining, lumberjack, and cotton/wool gathering and filling bods... I have yet to find efficient ways for a crafter to gather leather but I am trying to work on that now.
usually crafters have mage which can cast EVs at those bird hiyru's and lesser give 60 leather each

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Stewards should only have filled BoDs on them, ready for anyone to take and turn in.
Why should the crafters not sell the filled BODs? They use so many resources and time for this. Sure it is different in the towns, where we don't try to finish the tree, in that case, the ones who turn in crappy bods mostly won't get a reward but help the count of rewards if it works that way.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The reason many are using the Steward method of distributing free bods on vendors is to manage the system. Stewards will give one bod a day. This allows any player no matter what skills they have to participate with a minimum of effort. The reasons for this are self evident. A small population such as ours will benefit from approaching this task in a managed way. This will maximize the rewards for the entire shard.

If you choose to sell your bods on a vendor, go for it. Let us know how that goes for you.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put 20 bods on my steward, a whopping 4 bods were claimed 3 days ago. I took them off, i guess my house was ugly or the stewards breath stank.....*shrug*

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Steward thing really necessary, maybe I am misunderstanding it?

It takes .1 skill to collect (just use the skill ONE time and you collect 3 BODs), do alchemy and you can fill them right from the NPC you collect the BOD from lol.

Does Siege really have any, or even one, completely new player who can't turn in a BOD? And even if they were that new, they wouldn't understand the Stewards or know where any of our houses are anyways...