• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Choosing points for a Cu slot 3 to 4. 1st and second points allocation

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Starting with a very nice stat fresh Cu. (you can get Stamina and Dex to 125 before starting taming to save a few points) I did not.

upload_2018-3-26_19-20-37.png

1. Set dex to MAXIMUM

2. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM

3. Set the resists to the values you want.

4. Set Mana Regeneration to MAXIMUM

5. Set Hit point Regeneration to MAXIMUM

6. Set Stamina regeneration to 5 or more if you want.

7. Set Strength to 700 MAXIMUM

8. Set Intelligence to 370.

9. Use the remaining points in Mana or HP. I used 500 Mana 400 is fine.
I started with a High HP Cu.

This will make a very nice base Cu Sidhe.

This Cu Turns into:

1630898919038.png

The Melee stats did not change.

These screens will change very little if you add 2 abilities, a magic, and 120 scrolls in the next round.

Second round of Points allocation:
Make sure you did all the steps above.

1. Set Base damage per second to MAXIMUM.
2. Add your Area, Special Move, Special Ability (You can choose something from 2 of the 3)
3. Add your Magic.
4. Add your Scrolls.
5. You will have points left over. Add them wherever you want.

Last edited:

North_LS

Journeyman
Great post, and covers all the bases for building a great pup. I also like to try and get dex and stamina to 125 through natural means prior to applying points - it doesnt save a ton, but every point counts. Also, critical to the next/final round of training, DO NOT FORGET to max out base damage.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When doing a build like AI, Chiv, Goo and everything scrolled to 120 would that setup leave enough points? I could do without the 20 hit point regen if need be.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats why I do the basic build before the last round. There is room for:

620 powerscroll points all 120
501 Magic points
200 ability points
15 Max base damage per second points

100 or so points left is the last round.

You will love your pet more with HP regen.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain are you doing this on TC? Been gone for awhile and this by far is the best thread on this so far. It is always best to see how you get there and not just the end result. Keep up the good work. This thread is book marked.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope. I asked for a fresh Cu in chat and someone gave me one for this. I trained it up on the mage the first 50% then others were on the mage. I came back a little later and a new mage was open so I did the other 50%. It took maybe an hour or a little more.

Ill return it to them when I see them. Thanks @AirFluff

I like to do the things I post on LS.

I do the first round this way so I can train the next round up and them toss them in my stable until I decide to finish them.
You do not have to remember what you planned to do with the pet since any option is open for the last round.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Starting with a very nice stat fresh Cu.

View attachment 79062

1. Set dex to MAXIMUM

2. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM

3. Set the resists to the values you want.

4. Set Mana Regeneration to MAXIMUM

5. Set Hit point Regeneration to MAXIMUM

6. Set Stamina regeneration to 5.

7. Set Strength to 700 MAXIMUM

8. Set Mana to 500

9. Use the remaining points on Hit points. Leftover goes in Mana

This will make a very nice base Cu Sidhe.

This Cu Turns into:

View attachment 79063

The Melee stats did not change.

These screens will change very little if you add a magic, 2 abilities, and 120 scrolls in the next round.
How do you set them? Do you have to wait till Pet Training Progress is %100 or what. How long does it take to train a CU to %100 and where are the best places to train to gain the fastest.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shame is only 3 levels. Crazed Mage is on the bottom level. Go right after the entry.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup looks like its level 5.

I thought I was on 3 so I have never used the hundreds of shame crystals I have. Since I thought the boss would be on this level. I should get some whetstones.

Find someone with a Rune.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup looks like its level 5.

I thought I was on 3 so I have never used the hundreds of shame crystals I have. Since I thought the boss would be on this level. I should get some whetstones.

Find someone with a Rune.
Took a little but I got a rune marked at the Gate and got some nice gains. The 1 hour pet power hour is that per pet or all pets together and when does it start, when you log or when you take out pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it starts when you remove a pet from the stable that has not finished training. But there is a long cooldown.

Those of us who train constantly don't try to kick that in. Our pet is fully trained before the cooldown.

The mage gives these gains.

1 or 2 slot pet 100%

3 slot pet 50%

4 slot pet 25%

Same % with anything that gives greatly gains. After you get the gains you have to kill that mob to start again.

We been doing this for almost a year.

At 4 slot you have to kill the mage. On LS you just call out in chat and the mage will be dead quickly.

If you have 5 to 10 pets to train you can alternate and just train each one daily and you'll be done in a week.

Or go to other places or Mobs. When you have energy resist you can use the Unbound vortexes. Navrey works great.

Allosaurus or Night Terror.

You can fully train a bonded pet in a couple of hours if you use the right mobs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 accounts so it is easy. I put a pet on it. Then attack it with my archer bard using a repond slayer Bane bow and Discord..

The things down there take 50% less damage from pets. You have to kill them with other means. A melee toon can also do it as long as you can keep your HP up.

Or wait until tomorrow. A new mage comes at server up.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have 2 accounts so it is easy. I put a pet on it. Then attack it with my archer bard using a repond slayer Bane bow and Discord..

The things down there take 50% less damage from pets. You have to kill them with other means. A melee toon can also do it as long as you can keep your HP up.

Or wait until tomorrow. A new mage comes at server up.
If you put your Sampire on the crazy, will he corrupt the Samps armor?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So how do I kill the old MAGE LOL
I had a Hiryu bond last night. Spent 50 min getting it to the first 100% on a mage and 3 Allosaurus.

Got the next 100% today. One mage and I separated the 3 Unbound Vortexes and got to 100% in exactly 30 min.

So an hour and a half to get a fresh Hiryu to max training. Now ill toss in stable with the other trained ones and spend weeks deciding what to do with all of them.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Old post but here's my training 2-cents. I usually start with the Crazed Mage and once my pet maxes out on gains from him, I go a screen over and do the burning mage. The burning mage will give you much faster gains but your pet might not survive the burning mage as a two slot pet so it's good to start with the crazed mage. I took a Pre-Patch WW and a Triton from start to finish with this method in about an hour or two each. It's really easy. You just gotta get your pet enough HP regen and Fire Resist to survive the Burning Mage. You can also run Consume Damage but the Mage will corrupt your mana causing you a lot of damage as you're channeling that spell, which can be annoying.

Sleadth

Visitor
Thats why I do the basic build before the last round. There is room for:

620 powerscroll points all 120
501 Magic points
200 ability points
15 Max base damage per second points

100 or so points left is the last round.

You will love your pet more with HP regen.
Which abilities(if i didn't understand wrong u are saying we can pick two abilties) that do u prefer for best dps at solo target? Can i pick one like Chiv/Armor ignore?
520 all 120 except chiv
500 chiv
100 chiv 120
100 armor ignore
and i can pick another ability right?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes you can choose an area or another ability. To go with AI. Then chiv.

Sleadth

Visitor
Yes you can choose an area or another ability. To go with AI. Then chiv.
Thx u so much.
Just to be clear. Chiv and only Aİ is best single target dps right. if i didn't pick another ability, my pet can make maks single target dps?

sumskiya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I have old tamed Cus. (3 slot) After getting second circle or training i don't have choice to take Chivalry. I get Armor ignore. And want to take chivalry, But i see only Discordance, Poisoning, Mystic, Spellweaving and Magery Mastery. How to fix it?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have positive Karma? You have to to choose Chivalry.

sumskiya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You may be interested in some pets that do Fire damage:

Crimson Platinum Fire damage Drakes
Fire Beetle
Fire Steed
Phoenix
Yeah, I going to train fire damage pet next. I need Cu for treasure hunting. Still thinking about abilities and magic to take. This is my first CU. :)

Sleadth

Visitor
Can anyone suggest a cu sidhe build for darkfather farm? i need a cu which can kill aoe df mobs when atacking df

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bleed makes DF spawn more stuff and move around. So Cus are not the best choice. Makes the other players there mad.

Another pet that has no abilities that causes damage tics would work better.

Sleadth

Visitor
Bleed makes DF spawn more stuff and move around. So Cus are not the best choice. Makes the other players there mad.

Another pet that has no abilities that causes damage tics would work better.
Thx u so much =) but we are 3 friends which has 3 cu =) when df is empty we want to farm it. are 2 cu sidhe with chiv/ai/aoe can kill df's spawn mobs?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can but bleed will make more spawn and make the DF walk around and not stay in the same spot.

Much easier if you use other pets and can keep the DFs separate and one stays put.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I would try it but with spec : FWW (a Ninjitsu type spec-standalone), may be plus leave poisoning untouched and choose Poison Breath. Would try it on TC1, before major investing in this. Also of interest is that Najas have no healing power, and to run consume you get uninvised or revealed, so you have to keep casting invis there, and pray you don't get low on mana.
Best char there is properly equipped Sampire, may be 2 sampires. But for relatively unskilled sampire can benefit from a tamer, mostly in the Flesh Renderer room and their sneaky attack.
Poison does not tick, but really have no right to make any comment on this at the DF, as I only used Sampire there (Archer in the past umteen years ago, and Swords now). Maybe some one else can pitch in some info. Also there should be a pet-stall there, so tamers can switch pets. Would be handy, and also nice to see more tamers there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bump for Players to prepare for Fall 2021 Events.

Maelamdar

Visitor
I am assuming a "round" is when you move from one control slot to the next? Is that when the next set of points are given?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am assuming a "round" is when you move from one control slot to the next? Is that when the next set of points are given?
Yes. Copy yourself to Test Center and practice there. There is a gate to walk in for the pet to get to 100%.

Maelamdar

Visitor
Thank you. I am very new to this . . .

I noticed that when i followed the scheme as you mentioned and trained the pet, the slot now reads 4=>5, Is this normal? I also noticed that I now have a deficit of training points when I go back to the planning gump. Once again, is this normal?

I greatly appreciate your help!

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you. I am very new to this . . .

I noticed that when i followed the scheme as you mentioned and trained the pet, the slot now reads 4=>5, Is this normal? I also noticed that I now have a deficit of training points when I go back to the planning gump. Once again, is this normal?

I greatly appreciate your help!
Yes as soon as you add anything the Cu becomes 4 slots. The Planner is useless, follow the step by step guide.