• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Choosing points for a Cu slot 3 to 4. 1st and second points allocation

Maelamdar

Visitor
One more question (I think), how do you know how far you are progressing from 4=>5? I do not see a progress bar anywhere.

Thanks, once again.

Ascalon

Adventurer
Taking the Cu to Yamato mines to train off of a Shadow Elemental will give you a few things, GM Wrestle to unlock Parry (and GM Tactics). You'll probably GM Meditation and Focus along the way. This will give you your 125 dex and stamina, so you can level with a few extra points to spare.

If you're going to "power game", it's not that much more to do this before going to Crazy Mage.

If you want to level your Cu the first day it bonds, do Crazy Mage and Allosaur near the Sakura Village. If Allosaur is owning your Cu too much, just wait a couple of hours for the Crazy Mage to respawn and you can still level same day.

It's a good overall guide. One thing I personally I do different. I increase base damage first thing every time I level (Unless I'm making a necromare (L3-4)). I just like that habit and it doesn't cost any extra points. It's to avoid the heartbreak of ruining a pet by forgetting.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
There are unbound vortexes just near crazed mage. Same big gains. They deal only energy damage (and some bleed too) so they are good for Cu and especially for Triton. 2 slot freshly popped Triton can tank UEV with minimum healing. And allows you to train your fresh bonded 3 slot Cu. Or other pets weak in energy. Even beetles.
If some Sampire farming UEV - kindly ask to join. And bring all your pets to level while he/she is there .

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes as soon as you add anything the Cu becomes 4 slots. The Planner is useless, follow the step by step guide.
Ok, total pet training noob. I followed your step by step instructions for the first round. Now how do I get points for the second round? Do I need to reset the 100% pet training progress back to 0%?

edit: found the pet training gate on test center and did just that; reset training percentage to zero and then went through the gate to 100% again and now have points to allocate. yayz. (I had 1 point left, haha. I went back to my shard and used that one point and THEN it reset so I had to start pet training again. Face Palm Head Desk.)

Last edited:

Traleah

Visitor
Have there been any changes to this system?
Is there anything you would do differently with your training now?
My cu sidhe’s stamina and dexterity are at 125. I’ve been working on combat ratings. At what point do I click the “begin animal training” button?

Thank you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right now and follow the guide.

Nothing has changed.

Traleah

Visitor
On TC1, can you reset the pets training points for testing? I tried to put 500 mana on my pet, but it showed as 1000 (didn't even think that was possible).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On TC1, can you reset the pets training points for testing? I tried to put 500 mana on my pet, but it showed as 1000 (didn't even think that was possible).
No. Can't reset. You were looking at the wrong numbers. You looked at the point cost instead of mana value.

Luckily you did this on TC. You can copy again in 24 hours.

Traleah

Visitor
Great to know I can copy again in 24 hours. I never even realized TC1 was an option until I read about it in this forum. Thank you for your help.

Starting with a very nice stat fresh Cu. (you can get Stamina and Dex to 125 before starting taming to save a few points) I did not.

View attachment 79062

1. Set dex to MAXIMUM

2. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM

3. Set the resists to the values you want.

4. Set Mana Regeneration to MAXIMUM

5. Set Hit point Regeneration to MAXIMUM

6. Set Stamina regeneration to 5 or more if you want.

7. Set Strength to 700 MAXIMUM

8. Set Intelligence to 370.

9. Use the remaining points in Mana or HP. I used 500 Mana 400 is fine.
I started with a High HP Cu.

This will make a very nice base Cu Sidhe.

This Cu Turns into:

View attachment 121918

The Melee stats did not change.

These screens will change very little if you add 2 abilities, a magic, and 120 scrolls in the next round.

Second round of Points allocation:
Make sure you did all the steps above.

1. Set Base damage per second to MAXIMUM.
2. Add your Area, Special Move, Special Ability (You can choose something from 2 of the 3)
3. Add your Magic.
4. Add your Scrolls.
5. You will have points left over. Add them wherever you want.
I appreciate the step by step instructions here the only thing that I'm having a problem with is trying to decide what is the best choice of what to add as far as allocations goes, I would be greatful for any suggestions as Special Move,Special Abiliy ,and what Magic would be the best choice because the way that I understand it,nothing can be changed once it's choosen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I appreciate the step by step instructions here the only thing that I'm having a problem with is trying to decide what is the best choice of what to add as far as allocations goes, I would be greatful for any suggestions as Special Move,Special Abiliy ,and what Magic would be the best choice because the way that I understand it,nothing can be changed once it's choosen.
The two you should begin with are Armor Ignore/Chivalry and Armor Ignore/Conductive Blast/Chivalry.

Those do the highest damage to a single target.

Then you can use Armor Ignore with each of these magics.

Discordance
Mysticism
Spell Weaving

gwen

Slightly Crazed
There is no best choice . Chiv /AI is universal one , but don't give pet any expensive power scrolls . Cute are free in Ilshennar. Tame 10 of them , wait for them to bond, level them up + give them different resists and try them in battle. Don't hoard them, release ones you don't like.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

Why go with 80 on your cu-side. Should it be 70/70/70/70/75?
Very few difficult Mobs do Cold damage, only a few other than Eodon Mobs do poison damage.

Basically your pet is taking 10% more damage from 95% of the mobs in UO.

Lore the high HP Mobs you fight.

So I always do 4 80s one 45 when possible.

Grugot

Journeyman
Any thoughts on finishing this guy off? He is my first rare so i'm slowly adding skills. I have 1,286 points left. I just noticed I still had my bless spell on him. So his stats are str 700, dex 150, int 370

1684587875171.png 1684587893730.png 1684587933012.png 1684587963541.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any thoughts on finishing this guy off? He is my first rare so i'm slowly adding skills. I have 1,286 points left. I just noticed I still had my bless spell on him. So his stats are str 700, dex 150, int 370
Your base Pup is complete. Looks great.
I assume you set the resists?

From the points left it seems like you did.

1. Set the Base Damage per second to max.
2. Put on AI.
3. Choose the magic.
Chiv does the most single target damage.
4. Leave 600 points for scrolls.
You can put what you have on now, then add others later.

Unless you did some of the above already, you'll have just a few points left for Mana.

Happy Killing!!!

Grugot

Journeyman
I followed your guide for the 1st round. The 2nd round all I have on is 120 wrestling and max base damage. AI/Chiv seems to be the way to go. I have Mystcism/AI on my test pet. When I had that pet in level 5 of shame fighting like 3 or 4 wind elementals I died and I had to run all the way out of the dungeon to get a rez. By the time I got back I fully expected him to be dead.

He had killed all the elementals and was fighting new spawn. Pretty surprised.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I followed your guide for the 1st round. The 2nd round all I have on is 120 wrestling and max base damage. AI/Chiv seems to be the way to go. I have Mystcism/AI on my test pet. When I had that pet in level 5 of shame fighting like 3 or 4 wind elementals I died and I had to run all the way out of the dungeon to get a rez. By the time I got back I fully expected him to be dead.

He had killed all the elementals and was fighting new spawn. Pretty surprised.
Pet revamp allowed us to do many things we could not do before! Enjoy!

Grugot

Journeyman
I noticed you talk about discording pets to help raise skills. Once you discord a pet that drops the skill level so you can raise them. I'm assuming that once the discord wears off the skills that dropped return to the pre-discord level, or more if they gained during the discord?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed you talk about discording pets to help raise skills. Once you discord a pet that drops the skill level so you can raise them. I'm assuming that once the discord wears off the skills that dropped return to the pre-discord level, or more if they gained during the discord?
Yes they return, the idea is, lower skills raise faster, so discording makes skills lower.

Fillip

Visitor
Tactics should be 100. I never recommend taking tactics on any pet. The tactic 120 costs 200 points and gives only +1-2 additional damage. It is much more profitable to choose an additional 400 mana (you can do something else) so that the pet can make additional spells, they will always have more value than 1-2 damage per hit. On pets with treatment, I do not recommend minimizing the poison resistance. The biggest pain for pets with healing is food and monsters dealing poison damage.