• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry?

V

VazTheSpaz

what does it do in the game? what skills go best with it?
I am thinking of doing either a tamer or a bard or maby i combo of the two do i want Chivalry./ Give me the info on it plzz

G

Paladin spells

Take a look at the link above for the spells a Paladin has available. As for what makes sense as other skills is sort of up to the player and how they wish to handle the template they establish.

My Paladin has:
Anatomy - 100
Chivalry - 100
Focus - 110
Healing - 100
Resisting Spells - 100 (target - 94+ real)
Swordsmanship - 110
Tactics - 100

4-year account with 720 skill cap. Anat/Heal for battle area (bandages - heal and/or resurrect); Chiv replace Magery for Sacred Journey (travel); quick healing (Obsu Vulni); Cleanse by Fire (cure poison); Noble Sacrifice (resurrect) when NOT in battle area; Enemy of One, Consecrate Weapon and Remove Curse all for battle.

Paladin uses tithing points instead of reagents that a Necro or Mage would use. Focus helps recover Mana and Stam at a faster rate than passively - thus no Meditation needed, no matter the armor type worn.

G

Chiv works well with a bard or fighter char.

For a tamer though on any newly tamed non rideable you wont have access to gate to get them to where you want then, if you dont have magery your only option would be to walk them or sacred journey yourself to a place then log out and in to get your pet there, do-able but would get annoying I would think. Having magery and chivalry both on a tamer would be a waste of skill points I feel

G

The only reason to have chiv on a tamer is for the remove curse spell. In that case I believe you can get away with 55 or so in the skill.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd think having 55 chivalry just for remove curse would be a big waste of skill points. However, if he's also going to rely on chiv for healing/curing poison (no magery, perhaps?), it might be better.

Then again, as already mentioned, he'd have to wait until his pets were bonded before he could sacred journey around with them, which would probably be irritating when he goes out to tame new critters.

G

I never said it was a good use of skill points. I was just pointing out the one and only reason to have chiv on a pure tamer. And 55 is the # you need to cast remove curse at 100% reliabliliy.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, wasn't trying to call you out there. Just wanted to ensure that the OP realized that wouldn't be a wise choice.

V

VazTheSpaz

Chiv would allow me to heal? heal just me? or my pet also? I have no idea what it does. and fyi i do not want to have magery. or bard skills im wierd like that

G

Obsu Vulni can target anything/anyone that I know of. However, Anat/Heal does do slightly better on amount healed when at higher levels.

V

VazTheSpaz

I just gave my archer tamer chivarly how do i use the spelsl that go with it? i got achery tacts animal tamming lore chiv

G

In New Haven, there is a trainer on the second floor of the area where the swords, parry and other trainers are. You should train up Chivalry with him, get a Chivalry spellbook ... THEN take the Chiv quest from him (See New Haven Guide stickied up above).

Open the Chiv spellbook and you can drag the icons out into the border area (if you run windowed mode) for easy access.

Make sure you tithe at the ankh on the 1st floor. Get next to it, click and a menu allowing "Tithe" as an option should pop up. Click titeh and then dedicate some gold. These are your tithing points (reagents to Necro or Mage).

Then go kill stuff in the Old haven area. Gains will be accelerated ... when you hit 50 go see the Chiv trainer again for a reward.

S

Sky-byte

After you train your character up as T`Amon suggested, and you explore the world, you'll find that you can also tithe at any of the shrines, plus, there's an ankh in luna that you can use