• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry without Meditation - does it work OK?

N

Nubiwan

I am reworking my Paladin to a Stealth Archer. My goal is to have a guy who can get around on his own, PVM only, and get in and out of some hazardous locations. But - Tinker, tailor, soldier or spy, I have never had a character that didn't have med or focus.

This is my goal:

110 Archery ( currently 94.3 )
100 Anatomy ( 40.6 - I had dropped it to keep Med. )
100 Chivalry ( 94 )
110 Tactics ( 92 )
100 Stealth (80)
100 Resist (100)
100 Hiding (87)

Right now, Enemy of One and Divine Fury are my main spells - so I worry about needing a quick heal and not having any mana.

I'm thinking my other option is to go naked on Resist?

Thanks for listening.

W

WTF_happed_to_uo

unless you always fighting AW, blood, balron, succ paragons etc... what do you need resist for? and if you dont have 4/6, id stick heal on that template

I

imported_GFY

Here's my 2 cents worth:

Archery 120 (The higher you go the more you hit. Always a good thing!)
Ninja 100 (Most say this is good enough)
Hiding 100 (ditto)
Stealth 80 (make sure you have medable armor and your good to go)
Tactics 90 (enough to use your specials)
Chiv 90 (Good to do just about anything you want)
Tracking 100 (One heck of a DI for shadow strike!)
or anatomy 100 for DI
Med 40 (For mana and stamina regen)

The secret to getting around without resist is smoke bombs. If you get into something you can't handle... drop a smoke bomb and stealth/shadowjump away!

As long as you have a bow with good mana regen you shouldn't have any problems.

C

Connor_Graham

A hard hitting bow, such as the crossbow or heavy crossbow with high mana leech, plus mana regen armor will replace Med or Focus just fine. Helps more if you have Bushido, but that's another discussion.