• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry training

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am stuck to 104.6 since more than one week on my cu sidhe.
Did someone has found a way to train chivalry to legendary ?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Have you been using the whispering technique from your taming mastery when training pet?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Tsadkiel, When I was making my Chiv Less Hiryu I came up with a way to train chiv that is rather effective... There are caster in old Haven that do nothing but cast debuff spells.. most players use them to train RS skill... well if you place a boat off the coast of Haven and collect 3-4 ( no more then 4 or their mana drain will cost you gains) and have your pet on a boat attack them on the coast ... they will debuff your pet and he will use his chiv spells to remove the debuffs as well as spam chiv moves.. this is fairly effective until 110... then have a friend discord your pet breaking the discord and re adding it every 3.0-4.0 skill gains while under it..,..do this and you will find your pet will go from 30 to 120 in less then a days time.. Hope this helps mate.. If ya have anymore questions on this form of training feel free to ask.. =^-^=

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the tip! Do you know of any way without Discord? I do not have any friends who I'd feel comfortable asking to sit there for a day watching my pet gain. The same problem exists with healing, I can't raise it past 105 without Discord unless I'm missing something!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the tip! Do you know of any way without Discord? I do not have any friends who I'd feel comfortable asking to sit there for a day watching my pet gain. The same problem exists with healing, I can't raise it past 105 without Discord unless I'm missing something!
Fight rotting corpses and use whispering. Should help with healing and Chiv gains.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Donavon, will try that immediatly !
Akf yes, I use whispering.
Prince Erik, all my cu sidhes are 120 Healing, I use for that my second account with a bard 120 disco and 100 poisonning with a macro loop (disco then cast poison). Think at least 8 hours to go from 100 to 120. If you have only one account get the help of a friend with a poisonning bard. This is the only way I know to go to 120 Healing.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fight rotting corpses and use whispering. Should help with healing and Chiv gains.
Are you sure? Since pets can't cast Noble Sacrifice can they get above 110 with a 100% success rate on Holy Light? Even if they could it would only get them to 115 since that spell has a 100% success rate ate 115, I thought. The same goes for the level of poison on RC's, I stopped gaining at 105 (well it was on a whisper so 105.3). I've killed hundreds of RC's with level 3 whispers running and nothing past 105. Did whisper and RC's take you to 120 healing and chiv without disco?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Donavon, will try that immediatly !
Akf yes, I use whispering.
Prince Erik, all my cu sidhes are 120 Healing, I use for that my second account with a bard 120 disco and 100 poisonning with a macro loop (disco then cast poison). Think at least 8 hours to go from 100 to 120. If you have only one account get the help of a friend with a poisonning bard. This is the only way I know to go to 120 Healing.
Ugh.. my tamer and my bard are on the same account and having a friend sit there disco/poison my CU for me sounds like a lot to ask. Is there a "Rent-A-Bard" service I could subscribe to? ;)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh.. my tamer and my bard are on the same account and having a friend sit there disco/poison my CU for me sounds like a lot to ask. Is there a "Rent-A-Bard" service I could subscribe to? ;)
Use some soulstones and put Disco on your tamer.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use some soulstones and put Disco on your tamer.
That's not a bad idea! If I can come up with a 120 Disco scroll I can do that since my tamer is a peace tamer and already has 120 music. :)

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
gaining chivalry is a pancake!

I have spent countless hours on it and tried different methods. Everything went at an ok speed until around 90. Then the trouble started. My hiryu only gained 0.1 every once in a while, sometimes no gains for 2 hours! Now it is stuck at 114 after several hours of training. I keep wispering up as much as possible but that doesn't seem to help either.

Here's what I tried:
Undead champ spawn in deceit - the hiryu cuts through the spawn like a hot knife through butter. It casts all chiv spells especially remove curse but gains are rare and completely stopped after 112.

Fighting boss mobs, hoping to get gains while doing so - nada.

I placed a boat and lured casting mobs over. The pet stands there and casts chiv spells over and over. The gains are really slow and after training for 3 hours straight I only gained 0.1! (all this is on Siege, so I can't use the Old Haven casters mentioned above) I have tried with and without discording my pet, no luck.

I don't mind training my pet and investing time but staring at a screen for 3 hours to only gain 0.1 is a bit frustrating...

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
gaining chivalry is a *****!

I have spent countless hours on it and tried different methods. Everything went at an ok speed until around 90. Then the trouble started. My hiryu only gained 0.1 every once in a while, sometimes no gains for 2 hours! Now it is stuck at 114 after several hours of training. I keep wispering up as much as possible but that doesn't seem to help either.

Here's what I tried:
Undead champ spawn in deceit - the hiryu cuts through the spawn like a hot knife through butter. It casts all chiv spells especially remove curse but gains are rare and completely stopped after 112.

Fighting boss mobs, hoping to get gains while doing so - nada.

I placed a boat and lured casting mobs over. The pet stands there and casts chiv spells over and over. The gains are really slow and after training for 3 hours straight I only gained 0.1! (all this is on Siege, so I can't use the Old Haven casters mentioned above) I have tried with and without discording my pet, no luck.

I don't mind training my pet and investing time but staring at a screen for 3 hours to only gain 0.1 is a bit frustrating...
Spellbinders cast debuff spells over and over so I'm thinking maybe you can stand on the boat and have your pet on the shore, get it to attack you and you cast debuff spells on it? Maybe give that a try. And discord it at the same time.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Mister Sinister, .. Im glad you have been gaing nicely. with the boat trick.(Gene Lee is very correct). around the 90 mark.. I would get a bard friend to discord your pet.. or a tamer with a discord pet to discord it.. .. when whisper is about to be off timer.. break the discord...redo it .. and then hit whisper once its up again.. this should have ya at 120 from 90 in just a few hours.. I know it seems like a hell of a grind.. and honestly it is.. but at 120 chiv your pet will be able to pull off some truly amazing solo work.. Hope this aids in your gains.. good luck and good gains my friend.. if ya require anymore help feel free to message me or post anytime.. =^-^=

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok so I finally managed to get my pet to 120 chiv. thanks for all the input!

the only method that gave decent gains was leaving my pet on shore while I was on a boat, having it attack me, activate whisper, discord it and spam curse on it with the following template: 120 magery, taming, lore, music, disco, meditation.

still it took me over 10 hours to go from 115 to 120. to date the hardest skill to 120 on a pet ever. might just be bad luck or something wrong with chiv gains. I dunno...

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if pet skills gains obey ROT on Siege.
(after some thought)
Guess not if you were able to go from 115 -120 in only 10 hours.