• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Chivalry Di bonus and the cap.

5% Luck

Is the new chivalry DI bonuses reaching the 300 DI cap?

How are some of you working out your DI?

Do they count for the 100 item count or do they all fall into the other 200 DI?

5% Luck

I am kind of surprised with this forums. It is almost like when I come in here I have the plague or something! I mean I have made threads in other forums even botany!!! and gotten responses. Here my threads go largely ignored!:gee:

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I think there is a post by logrus in the TC Forum under the chiv. sticky....as far as I recall it counts to the 200, i.e. not to the 100 from the suit....

Otherwise, the changes are still quite new....i for myself am still testing to what level i should raise chiv. and or if its neccessary at all...so far fighting Medusa...no need to change...Have still to try Paroxy and Dread Horn...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one replied because no one knows for sure. At least I don't. I'm curious to know the answer as well. Not sure if 120 anat 95 chiv puts out more damage or 120 chiv and 95 anat.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, i did look it up, not sure if its still valid.

Divine Fury:
Max: 15 HCI, DI 20 SSI 15%
This is subject to the 100 DI cap from items

Consecrate:
Max Bonus Damage: 15% @ 120
This is not subject to the 100 DI cap from items.

Enemy of One:
Max Bonus Damage: 64% PvM
Max Bonus Damage: 16% PvP
This is not subject to the 100 DI cap from items.
Still hard to fit 120 chiv on any serious char.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those numbers are slightly outdated.
The Eoo damage scaling was raised. And the DCI penalty from Divine fury became scaled.

5% Luck

So the only one that is counted as item DI is DF.

Gotcha Thanks!

Ill play with the skill levels I need to find the sweet spots on the suits I wear/will wear.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logrus
Mind giving out the new precise numbers.....? So we can adjust our skills and armor accordingly?

Tx

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember the scaling off hand but quickly jumping on TC
I didnt bother varying karma for the test so Everything was done at 2 Karma

@120 EoO: 82% Damage Bonus (up from 64)
@ 120 and 2 Karma for DF: 12 HCI 16 DI 10 SSI and -10 DCI

@100 Chiv EoO: 50% Damage Bonus
DF:12:15:10:-20

@80 Chiv EoO: 46% Damage bonus
DF:11:14:10:-20

@65 Chiv EoO: 32% Damage Bonus
DF:10:12:5:-20

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just hit 100 chiv on my main shard this morning. Consecrate Weapon also gives a 5% Damage Bonus at 100 Chiv. Not sure if that stacks above item DI and other bonuses (i.e. perfection, slayer, EOO), but I'm experimenting as well.

I must say that training chiv beyond 100 is a pain. It was really slow from 95 to 100. Logrus, in the next publish, can we get the chiv spell difficulty adjusted so you can train effectively to 120 using noble sacrifice? Right now it will only bring you to 115 and the only way to gain after that is GGS or SoTs.

-OBSIDIAN-

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember the scaling off hand but quickly jumping on TC
I didnt bother varying karma for the test so Everything was done at 2 Karma

@120 EoO: 82% Damage Bonus (up from 64)
@ 120 and 2 Karma for DF: 12 HCI 16 DI 10 SSI and -10 DCI

@100 Chiv EoO: 50% Damage Bonus
DF:12:15:10:-20

@80 Chiv EoO: 46% Damage bonus
DF:11:14:10:-20

@65 Chiv EoO: 32% Damage Bonus
DF:10:12:5:-20
82% from eoo + consecrate bonus and high karma for a little more. I begin to love this, it will allow some very weird templates to get near the damage cap without bushido, thank you for that. Also good for group hunts, makes it possible for a dexxer to tank without getting honor.More choices, more fun.
If its still 15 ssi from high karma and 120 chiv, im sure some people will love that. 15 is the magic number here.
Maybe we can get some true tank chars now in uo, nunchaku and tessen both have feint and block, may even work without necro with a somewhat competent group.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Logrus:

I've not seen anything either way on this, but did you all consider the requests to add Chivalry to the Special Move cost reduction during this?

Since you are wanting people to be less fixated on multi-warrior-skill templates, the changes to effect that only go to strengthen the "classic" Ninja & Samurai templates (both have potential for 300-360 from their template skills) to the detriment of almost all other warriors.

Since you all nerfed the human JOAT bonus for the cost reduction, practically no one plays human anymore.

Without JOAT and with Chivalry not being a cost reduction skill -

Archers can only reach the -5 point by being either stealth or poisoner archer, -10 for both (or be a samurai variant - see below).

Paladins can't get more than -5, without either wasting skill points in an unused weapon, using skills that are opposed to the Chivalric code (stealth or poisoning), or defeating the purpose of the changes meant to strengthen non-mixed templates by adding 60 bushido, and losing the benefits of the raised PvP cap.

And, frankly, if an archer or melee warrior has more than 50 in bushido, they pretty much ARE a samurai template, as the skill currently stands (though the bushido archer would probably substitute stealth or poisoning for parry).

Either adding Chivalry to the list, or restoring JOAT's influence on the special move cost reduction, would fix this issue, and allow more template creativity while still reducing mixed templates.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara, i think what you are asking for would not be so good.
The goal of this patch was not to nerf anything or to turn people away from those mixed templates. They simply did try to balance some things a bit better, and i bet we will see some more balancing with the next few patches.

Chivalry got a huge buff if you have it at 120 now, if you add it to the list of skills that reduce mana cost, the small nerf some templates did receive at the pvm side would turn into a big buff. Just think about all the bushido archers/throwers , they would get -10 by default, together with 120 chiv it would be ridiculous.
While at the same time doing nothing for mages, tamers or mystics in pvm damage wise, leaving them even more behind.

If you really want to run a pure paladin with full mana discount, you can still do that. Options are lumberjacking, a second weaponskill, or even ninjitsu, i count the last as a defensive skill, and nobody needs to know.

Of course, if you want 4/6 chiv casting + healing, anat,resist,parry, you need to drop something for full discount.