• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry casting bug

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a simple one - you can hold Holy Fist and cast any Chivalry spell that doesn't require you to select a target. Please fix, @Kyronix @Bleak

I already submitted a bug report, but my returned email said it was incorrectly done. fix that too please.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
What benefits are there?
State an example where you can get something out of it, Cause casting concecrate weapon and Holy fist wont get you more damage or does it?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What benefits are there?
State an example where you can get something out of it, Cause casting concecrate weapon and Holy fist wont get you more damage or does it?
because you can heal but not have to wait for the casting time of holy fist. allowing you to do more damage while taking damage.
imagine if a mage could cast greater heal but also have access to 0 second flamestrike

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What benefits are there?
Holy light for constant interrupts. Other spells don't give as much benefit.

because you can heal but not have to wait for the casting time of holy fist. allowing you to do more damage while taking damage.
imagine if a mage could cast greater heal but also have access to 0 second flamestrike
It doesn't work with a spell that requires a target (since the new spell's targeting cursor overrides Holy Fist's), so you can't use Close Wounds with it.

No other casting skill allows you to do this, and you can't do it with Fist/Magery, Fist/Necromancy, and I'd assume Spellweaving/Mysticism are the same (I didn't think to try them on TC when I first tested this, but I didn't think there was a point after failing with the first two.)

Maybe tagging will work this time: @Kyronix @Bleak

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Yeah but that already happens with melee, and the healing skill, they can heal while AI and other stuff at the same time going on.

I can see the holy light but thats all the advantage there is, easy fix is to stand a few more tiles away.
Bad enough we are losing now Mortal Strike, so killing a protection mage is nearly impossible, unless you can maintain the stam high and fire away, and thats without adding parry that mages have now....

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because they are different skills. Until recently, NO CASTING SKILL allowed you to use two spells at once. Cast anything that uses Magery, Necromancy, Chivalry (except Holy Fist), Mysticism, or Spellweaving, and you can't use anything else with it, even a weapon special.

Attachments

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish 92 already destroyed "Holy Fist" and now some people want to remove the lack of importance that this spell give?
Better ask to remove this Mastery from the game.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Publish 92 already destroyed "Holy Fist" and now some people want to remove the lack of importance that this spell give?
Be careful what you ask for...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's because they are different skills. Until recently, NO CASTING SKILL allowed you to use two spells at once. Cast anything that uses Magery, Necromancy, Chivalry (except Holy Fist), Mysticism, or Spellweaving, and you can't use anything else with it, even a weapon special.
You always been able to cast Chivalry spells that came up with target courser and cast other chivalry spells that don't need to be targetted without dropping the spell.

Example: you could cast Close Wounds & hold it while spamming holy-light, this way you could instantly heal yourself if you were to be hit while spamming holy light by just dropping the close wounds on yourself. I do believe if you dropped the spell while another spell was casting it would cancel out though.

It's just more common now because holy-fist gave chivalry enough offense to compete with the unmatched casting speed of 4/6.

Edit: I'm not saying it's not a bug btw. it could be.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not asking for Fist to be removed. What I'm asking for is removing the ability to cast a non-targeted chiv spell (i.e. Holy Light) while you're holding a Holy Fist.

You always been able to cast Chivalry spells that came up with target courser and cast other chivalry spells that don't need to be targetted without dropping the spell.

Example: you could cast Close Wounds & hold it while spamming holy-light, this way you could instantly heal yourself if you were to be hit while spamming holy light by just dropping the close wounds on yourself. I do believe if you dropped the spell while another spell was casting it would cancel out though.

It's just more common now because holy-fist gave chivalry enough offense to compete with the unmatched casting speed of 4/6.
I stand corrected. Regardless, I would never have even thought to try this until Holy Fist.