• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chiv Pet Training

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I read an odd post the other day that surprised me.
Is it true that a negative karma tamer can't train Chiv on a pet, like a Cu? I've seen it mentioned twice now, but nowhere "official" (of course, "official" documentation is few and far between these days :))
My tamer has been an Evil Lord since 1998, so I'll be bummed if I have to turn away from the dark side.
(I just came back after 20 years, and while I have a pretty decent stable of pets now, I haven't trained any yet. Just getting ready to, which is why I ask.)

Also, while I'm here: should I try to max pet skills through "old fashioned monster training" first, before I start the new training system, or does it not matter?
(I'm aware of the 125 stat training need.)

Any advice appreciated!

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
have another tamer add chiv and trade the pet

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the advice!
I have another tamer on my other account with positive karma, she's still training but can probably control most of my critters long enough to add chiv.

If not, yeah, I'll bite the bullet and go positive karma for a little while.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Karma is really easy to control. You can go -20k karma with necromancy spells pretty easily.

Just get some jewels, a spell book and talisman and you can spam low level necro spells to immediately get back to negative karma.

if you transfer a pet you need to rebond the pet.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn.t there a robe that the longer you wore it the more karma you lost

Azuhle

Visitor
I read an odd post the other day that surprised me.
Is it true that a negative karma tamer can't train Chiv on a pet, like a Cu? I've seen it mentioned twice now, but nowhere "official" (of course, "official" documentation is few and far between these days :))
My tamer has been an Evil Lord since 1998, so I'll be bummed if I have to turn away from the dark side.
(I just came back after 20 years, and while I have a pretty decent stable of pets now, I haven't trained any yet. Just getting ready to, which is why I ask.)

Also, while I'm here: should I try to max pet skills through "old fashioned monster training" first, before I start the new training system, or does it not matter?
(I'm aware of the 125 stat training need.)

Any advice appreciated!
Go to Despise and train a negative karma pet then go kill the positive karma pet and get -20k karma in like 30 minutes lol, visa-versa

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn.t there a robe that the longer you wore it the more karma you lost
Cloak of Corruption. That'll take you all the way to the cap of -32,000 Karma. It constantly saps Health/Stamina/Mana (down to 1) outside of the Void though. When inside the Ethereal Void, it would constantly replenish Health/Stamina/Mana, practically to the point of being invincible.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Cloak of Corruption. That'll take you all the way to the cap of -32,000 Karma. It constantly saps Health/Stamina/Mana (down to 1) outside of the Void though. When inside the Ethereal Void, it would constantly replenish Health/Stamina/Mana, practically to the point of being invincible.
Does the Ethereal Void still exist? (Memories..Void Shadow dungeon, Moonglow Rift..etc)?

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Does the Ethereal Void still exist? (Memories..Void Shadow dungeon, Moonglow Rift..etc)?
I believe the Void Shadow Dungeon was repurposed for the shrine battle story arc. You can go there if you have the fellowship pendant, though there aren't any monsters in there, just the place you claim your tabard.