• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chiv Dex VS Super Drags

G

Just thought I would let everyone know you CAN out damage a few super drags with a chiv dexxer using the soulseeker. I fought a shadowlord with three super drags and a few other dexxers on it and still managed to pull a cloak. A few of the archers who were there managed cloaks also. No blackrock was used during any of this we had to fight the SL the hard way as no one had any rocks left.

G

I did it on my archer too, the first night before everyone figured out the spell thingy. I'm guessing I won't be getting anymore cloaks. lol.

G

It depends on when you are in there. I was there early in the morning about an hour or so before server down. Also you should keep in mind people will burn up all that rock in no time flat and this should last a while so you will still have a shot at cloaks later on after the blackrock is burned up.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

Just thought I would let everyone know you CAN out damage a few super drags with a chiv dexxer using the soulseeker. I fought a shadowlord with three super drags and a few other dexxers on it and still managed to pull a cloak. A few of the archers who were there managed cloaks also. No blackrock was used during any of this we had to fight the SL the hard way as no one had any rocks left.

[/ QUOTE ]
The damage output on greater dragons really isn't that huge. An advanced dexxer or archer has a far higher dps than a greater dragon. Any 3/2 slot pet combination also has a higher dps than a greater dragon. What makes greater dragons special is their ability to absorb damage.

S

slasherofveils

<blockquote><hr>

What makes greater dragons special is their ability to absorb damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the big thing. 2 hits from a SL and you'll be ooOooOoing faster then you can say oh crap. where the gdraggies have superb resists and 900+ hp

M

mmmbeer05

i managed seven cloaks yesterday morning b4 anyone figured out br weakness of shadowlords. its not hard to outdamage a super or any other pet for that matter.

B

BadManiac

I regularely outdamage everyone with my archer and a mystic bow, judging from everythign target switching to me. So yes you can outdamage them, but you can't outdamage blackrock and armageddon, so no cloaks for us without BR, or who don't want to get infected.

I

imported_Sarphus

The strength of greater dragons isn't their damage output. There are MANY dexer builds that can outdamage greater dragons every time.

G

Right many of us do know that it can easily be done my post was for the wieners that keep saying omg I can't get a cloak this isn't fair at all! when really you can get one just the same only you will need to catch one of the shadowlords that hasn't been blackrocked to near death. I am starting to see more and more that no one uses rock on and this is probably because they burned the hell out of some rocks the first day or 2 into this.