• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Chill and have a puff* Britain moongate!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
upload_2018-2-15_21-52-6.png

Quoted from post "Nothing but love (did someone already copyright that?) for you, Siege!

EM Kincaid"

To EM Kincaid: Glad I am not the only one who loves Siege. The phrase is patent pending on all different spellings of the phrase. Infringements will be dealt with asap. But maybe you can build me a road for the use of it when we cross that line?

Nothin but luv,

Baby Doll :naughty-angel:

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes at last meeting king announced that soon some work of survey will start to see if it's possible build a road... We just need to hope that king' workers will be very fast :gee::gee::gee::gee:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, twas not a pleasure to find all the additional obstacles on my way to the hub, but it did remind me greatly of the situation in that other world.
You know, the one where 10 men stand around a piece of work to be done, while one of their number does the work, another brews hot drinks, and the rest stand around and comment on how hard the work is.

Reading through other recent posts, I would guess that this is related to whatever is happening on the 24th. There's a surveyor mentioned in the event for that day. Orcs too. Has anyone spotted any orcs, yet?

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Reading through other recent posts, I would guess that this is related to whatever is happening on the 24th. There's a surveyor mentioned in the event for that day. Orcs too. Has anyone spotted any orcs, yet?

So can ya post a site or explain in further details on the road is it a perma road out of favoritism or a temporary road for event? I have a small plot/house next to Britain Public hub and I want a well lit road from gate to my house so I don't get lost or frightened in the dark. So the topic is of interest to me being a landowner I deserve to know of future happenings of the area..

haha :devil:

Nothin but luv, :naughty-angel:

Baby Doll :devil:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't a clue. I'm just speculating, based on a small amount of evidence. (here)
Really, I just want to know what the orcs are up to. We haven't had a decent amount of love for orcs in a very long time!

But, if we can request personal roads, I'd like mine to be a money-maker. Toll gates every 10 screens, and I want it to run from Jhelom to Minoc.
Anyone failing to pay the toll gets an old-style bounty put on them, and folks have to bring severed heads to the Minoc bank.
Because we all want to get ahead in finance.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admit... It´s all my fault.
*begging for pardon*

But I asked directly to Mesanna if it would be possible to have a sign or road build from moongate to the Britain hub. To lead other players towards it.
The barrels I put there was just a makeshift for a road.
The devs are building town centers and enhancements like teleporters to even small player towns on other servers to central places.
As the hub NW of Britain moongate reached now a state, where is grew up very well.
80 houses now linked to it. (and I thank all the community for this enhancement work), I went to Mesanna and asked for some help here to get this places been more visible for all those, who have not seen it.

Btw. I didn´t expected that this "building blocks" were getting so big..
I hope the architect is soon done and we will have a small walk way from moongate to hub. And the obstacles will disappear then very soon...

Again, very, very sorry.... for that big building blocks.
:Begging:

But I am really happy that we get some enhancement and love in here...
:banana::banana::banana:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have ZERO to apologize for Joline. If anyone else thinks there is favoritism with the road they can simply spend the next 2 years building a hub for the shard. Then they can ask for a road also.

Hmmmm so Razz is calling me out straight up and forward challenge? Contemplating words or hidden agenda meaning behind a Gilfane's limited view?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just my 2 cents, but deco projects like this are done on other shards. It gives each shard a bit of personality, different from all the others. Siege's Moonglow has a special touch not seen elsewhere, and it had nothing to do with any particular guild. It was a request made by the governor of Moonglow at the time. Likewise, the request for a road from Britain moongate to a nearby house plot was officially put forth by the governor of Britain at a public Gov Meeting.

If folks truly protest the building of the road, then by all means set up a petition to stop it from happening. Use the Gov Meetings in the way in which they are intended for the community :)

I'd like to mention tho that such a road is very unlikely to be changing the actual landscape. I don't expect trees to be removed, or any housing plots to be blocked in any way. Deco tiles in as direct a path thru the trees as possible is what I expect, tho I could be entirely wrong. A bridge arching over the trees would be lovely. The temporary inconvenience of the construction crew gives it a real feel of RP to me, just like any planned new road.

But no matter what happens in the future, this particular house plot would always be a special location, unique to Siege and raising the value of plots near it. I like that idea :)

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smells of collusion! I demand a special counsel look into this deal. There's something fishy going on!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have ZERO to apologize for Joline. If anyone else thinks there is favoritism with the road they can simply spend the next 2 years building a hub for the shard. Then they can ask for a road also

Oh ********, Siege is made up of helpful people doing their part over the years. From NEW, NEW2, and NOOB people, auctions, holiday helpers, vendoring, event holders, libraries, town deals, open houses with portals to towns and dungeon available to all ect ect....There have been other hubs, like the Umbra hub was there before hubs were cool. Every one of us deserve A road for our money and time spent on Siege. The Britain hub was/is a great success I am happy she is on the shard and she needn't apologize..

When I came out Britain moongate to hit alliance teleporter ran into the immovable crap around gate. I didn't take me but a sec to get out of it and I was on my way. Do I really care about a well lit purdy walk way from gate to Britain hub, not sure how people can get lost, but yeah what the hell I guess. But on the favoritism part we can not speak about the origins of EM. I do think our EM of today seems to be is a friendly fair soul. Do I believe an EM should be a player with ties and EM on a shard, I would say no.

I am open to change and I understand the do's and don'ts. But in the back of my head I wonder from time to time is there a show of favoritism. Will I lose sleep over nope not at all, just looking at the status quo!

Nothin but luv,

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh ********, Siege is made up of helpful people doing their part over the years. From NEW, NEW2, and NOOB people, auctions, holiday helpers, vendoring, event holders, libraries, town deals, open houses with portals to towns and dungeon available to all ect ect....There have been other hubs, like the Umbra hub was there before hubs were cool. Every one of us deserve A road for our money and time spent on Siege. The Britain hub was/is a great success I am happy she is on the shard and she needn't apologize..

When I came out Britain moongate to hit alliance teleporter ran into the immovable crap around gate. I didn't take me but a sec to get out of it and I was on my way. Do I really care about a well lit purdy walk way from gate to Britain hub, not sure how people can get lost, but yeah what the hell I guess. But on the favoritism part we can not speak about the origins of EM. I do think our EM of today seems to be is a friendly fair soul. Do I believe an EM should be a player with ties and EM on a shard, I would say no.

I am open to change and I understand the do's and don'ts. But in the back of my head I wonder from time to time is there a show of favoritism. Will I lose sleep over nope not at all, just looking at the status quo!

Nothin but luv,

I have spent the last yr and a half putting together a huge rune libary next to umbra hub, including all portals and crystals etc, how do I get a road from Umbra to it? I advertise it on stratics but a road would be so much better so that people know it is there.

Seems to me a slippery road once stuff is done for individuals, especially when it isn't actually 'advertised' as a possible thing for people to build community type buildings and have them decorated on a permanent basis and stuff just 'APPEARS' with no community consultation.

I still feel like a newcomer to siege after being here a yr and half, yet one thing I have noticed is that it seems there is a bit of favoritism that crops up around certain guilds, players. I did find it odd that UWSP town got dedicated as a town even tho it has been here less time than I have been here, I would of thought to get a dedicated town you would of required at least 2-3 yrs of habitation.

Not saying anything against the HUB or UWSP town, just how odd it is that after short periods of time stuff seems to happen etc. Whether it is a siege thing I don't know. I know on Oceania we tried for 3 yrs to get a spot dedicated to our real life players who had died, and after that amount of time and seeing 'dedications' appear on other shards we still NEVER got anything done, not for want of trying. We had 6 players who died over the space of a yr and a bit, long term vets, and still got bugger all. This whole game appears to be based on favorites and those who have the 'ear' from what I have seen.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
First, I'd like to suggest that, as Otto pointed out, this may just be related to the event coming up on the 24th, where the construction crew are all murdered. This may all just be a NO to the road, with a story to go with it. :p

However, I do feel a need to address this:

Seems to me a slippery road once stuff is done for individuals, especially when it isn't actually 'advertised' as a possible thing for people to build community type buildings and have them decorated on a permanent basis and stuff just 'APPEARS' with no community consultation.

I still feel like a newcomer to siege after being here a yr and half, yet one thing I have noticed is that it seems there is a bit of favoritism that crops up around certain guilds, players. I did find it odd that UWSP town got dedicated as a town even tho it has been here less time than I have been here, I would of thought to get a dedicated town you would of required at least 2-3 yrs of habitation.
The governors of each official city in the election system are permitted two requests per term of office. King Blackthorn (EM Kiincaid) then takes it to Mesanna (the building commissioner). She says yes or no. The owner of the Brit hub went to the governor of Brit to request the road, and the governor then went to the King at a public governor meeting. The request went farther up the chain of command, and now here we are. This has been months in the making. Months.

As for UWSP, the town was officially founded as a matter of public record with a Stratics post. The minimum length of time is 6 months (there is also a minimum number of houses needed). At that time, EM Kincaid nudged our dark lady until she found time to make not only UWSP but also the much older town (by years) of Motherlode official on the same day.

Our current EM is very dedicated to Siege. He gets stuff done. Concerns for favoritism need to be raised if there are grounds, but these are not cases of individuals being served. I will grant, however, they are cases of individuals willing to do the work to go thru proper channels.

EM Kincaid also recognizes 'unofficial' cities. Elect a governor for Umbra. Make it legit with RP and longevity. Once established (I don't know how long, there is no precedent yet), request a road at a governor meeting. (Send a known representative if you cannot attend yourself.) Explain how it would benefit Umbra, etc. Personally, I would love to see many player-requested roads on Siege. The houses they serve may one day be gone (I hope not!) but the legacy of the road would always stand and give Siege history. Ultimately it is up to Mesanna, but this is how it is done.

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Yep, you got me. I was bribed with a lifetime supply of free walnuts and an extra springy pair of suspenders so I could shoot the neighbour's cat. That's the price of a personal road. Now, who wants a castle?

Seriously, all you'e got SO FAR is an advert for an upcoming event. There MAY be a road in the future. There might not. There might be something completely different, like a row of dancing waiters offering to take your coat and serve you delicious snacks. Wait and see. I'm not about to give spoilers. Unless you bribe me. *

It'
Probably also worth reading up on the Siege Council basics, which can be found here. Only if you want to.

Come to the event! Have fun! See where the road (pun intended) takes us!

Nothing but love (did someone already copyright that?) for you, Siege!

EM Kincaid

*Disclaimer: this is known as sarcasm. Any genuine attempts to bribe the EM will result in a large hungry ogre with 40k of hit points and 1000 str and dex waiting for you in your house when you least expect it.Maybe a purifier that eats your deco, too. Maybe. For all you know, this is more sarcasm. :)

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I''ll write only this message about UWSP Town becuase now i'm really annoyed about all these voices about favouritism... And i still think that people maybe ,before speak, need to read rules about how a thing works... And to be honest Coco i can't unsterstand why you bring our town in this discussion... Anyway just to be clear:
Em kincaid just address me where to find info about town banner request and where to send this request... And if you'll take time to read banner rules, you'll see the time requested is just 6 months andd a certain number of houses that show on the sign the name of the town. If you met those requirements, all can send a request... And in fact when Lady Mesanna come to build the momument, we met also the time requirement...
THIS is all about UWSP discussion... And you can see we aren't ally of GIL, so also saying EM kincaid help us because all think he was in GIL doesn't work...
I hope this will close discussion and anyway Coco, if you had and have problems with Mesanna or Devs that doesn't mean everything they do is a favouritism.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think my point was regarding this shard ( I had been hearing about how siege is 'overlooked' and ignored etc.. Been reading such claims on stratics UHall for years). Since I have been here I have seen or heard of Mesanna showing up to 'talk' to various people at least a half dozen times, be it over disputes or whatever, just coming to pass time of day or to 'build' , stuff done in towns (uwsp), now roads being built at whatever request made at governors meetings being granted or as said above "But I asked directly to Mesanna if it would be possible to have a sign or road build from moongate to the Britain hub. To lead other players towards it.". <--- kinda does infer that what is asked could be granted don't you think? Doesn't matter.

After like 3 yrs of waiting for our 'memorial we gave up and someone just put one up in a house as we realised it didn't matter what we did NOTHNG was gonna get granted. This was also put to our EM at numerous governors meetings to no avail. My friend Julie, who passed away in 2015 was one of those we wanted to remember, as a 16 yr vet on the shard she and many before her deserved something. So I speak of 'favoritism' in regards to siege, more than anything else. On Oceania they won one of the shard wide treausure hunts and it took about 2 yrs to actually get the prize given to them and that was after continuous emails asking where it was etc. I am still waiting for my prize for winning the 16th anniversary Cultural centre competition, advertised on stratics and awarded to me by Mesanna at a you beaut ceremony on Atlantic shard, even after emailing after 2 yrs of waiting I never got the prize (have been waiting for 4 years now so doubt it is ever gonna eventuate, and that was a full on UO competition). It seems to me on here that 'stuff' seems happen either because mesanna favours this shard or has a better relationship with the em here, who knows.

It doesn't matter but there is favoritism on siege, on whose part who knows, don't really care, but if you want to know what some of the other shards get, or DON'T get, go visit my old shard. Yep definitely favoritism here. I guess you have to come from somewhere else to notice how much there actually is.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, you got me. I was bribed with a lifetime supply of free walnuts and an extra springy pair of suspenders so I could shoot the neighbour's cat. That's the price of a personal road. Now, who wants a castle?

Seriously, all you'e got SO FAR is an advert for an upcoming event. There MAY be a road in the future. There might not. There might be something completely different, like a row of dancing waiters offering to take your coat and serve you delicious snacks. Wait and see. I'm not about to give spoilers. Unless you bribe me. *

It'
Probably also worth reading up on the Siege Council basics, which can be found here. Only if you want to.

Come to the event! Have fun! See where the road (pun intended) takes us!

Nothing but love (did someone already copyright that?) for you, Siege!

EM Kincaid

*Disclaimer: this is known as sarcasm. Any genuine attempts to bribe the EM will result in a large hungry ogre with 40k of hit points and 1000 str and dex waiting for you in your house when you least expect it.Maybe a purifier that eats your deco, too. Maybe. For all you know, this is more sarcasm. :)
I could take that Ogre with a cookie in one hand, and a bottle of moonshine in the other. *hic* bring it on.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Sparviero I only use UWSP as an example of how quick stuff happens on this shard. (It acutally amazed me that it was talked about and then dedicated in such a short time, with Mesanna actually rocking up to build the thing) When on other shards after YEARS of requests and emails, and even EM requests we still got bugger all. The memorial on Oceania was technically 'approved' for the first couple that died, in around 2013, as of 2017 still waiting for it and have added another 4 players to the list. As i said, the shard gave up in the end.

My prize never happened, and Oceania was last on the list for the meet and greets and even then we all arrived and waited and waited and waited, and had our EM send icq's and what not and finally Mesanna showed up over an HOUR late with none of the 'other' devs that every other shard had. When people complained about the fact we had been waiting well over an hour she said words to the effect that we should be happy she showed up at all and she didn't 'have to' yadda yadda.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ponies...puppies...umm...kitties...lollipops.....ummm...damn that's the only nice things I can think of right now.

Last edited:

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Just for the record, the event is taking place in the general vicinity of the moongate because of a governor's request, within the established rules of the council. The Britain hub is incidental.

Also for the record, I try to treat all hubs and player run towns equally - in case nobody noticed, there's an event gate at the Umbra, Britain, Zento, Safe Haven and New Mag hubs every single time that there's an event on - i.e. once a week. Also at all player run town monuments, yes, even including poor old Bartertown.

And that's probably my last word on the matter, other than to say I'll try to find the time to do some more old deco clean up this weekend. If I miss anything, please be kind enough to remind me, and give directions/co-ordinates. Thank you kindly.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll say it since no one else will. I was perfectly happy with, and still use Kelmos Umbra hub. Not as a slight or a snub but I've never once set foot into the Britain hub and have no plans of ever doing so. I'm not sure what Kelmo did to the rest of you and I know he won't reply to this and take my side, but this Britain hub has been nothing but a big ole pi$$ing on the Umbra hub and shame on the lot of you ...there I said it. It won't put my name on any list I'm not already on anyway..
I use both hubs depending on where I am and where I am going and I also use Baby Doll's New Magencia hub by the docks a lot.

AND.... I'd just like to say thanks to all the people who spend the time and resources to host a hub.

Also ... I don't see the Brit hub as anything but a nice service to the shard and not a slap at Kelmo or his hub. Kelmo's hub was never set up to handle people linking their private houses to his hub

But--

This thread started out as fun and has now degenerated (as usual) into another pissing contest.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't think any of the hubs are there for competition. There is something to be said for small and organised and easy to use, and also something to be said for Grand Central. The more hubs Siege has, the better IMO. Harder to camp them ALL, after all, so the more routes to places the better. Each has its own style and regular customers, and each serves the community. Mine is a hub of only other hubs, with a public ship so you can get to it (and thus your preferred hub) without magery or regs/LRC, even from the middle of Ter Mur. If you have a hub you'd like linked, let me know - I have some space left.

As for Oceana, I don't know the full story there. Mesanna is human, so maybe there are some hard feelings for some reason or another. It happens. I am a firm believer that diplomacy can resolve most things, but bitterness rarely gets anything useful accomplished. My focus tho is Siege, and these things are being done aboveboard and by the book and I just want to make sure that is understood.

Joline has been trying for quite a while to get something nicer than a row of barrels to mark the Brit Hub, but eventually the gov of Brit got involved and now the odds are higher. (No promises tho, so I am very curious how the 24th will turn out :p ) It isn't about people getting lost between the moongate and the hub. It's about getting the attention of new folks (not everyone reads forums, and many of them are in help channel so they don't see the adverts) so they can see the excellent public transport system that Siege offers. For some, this early indication of the community here might make the difference between staying or leaving. For many, Siege is their last stop on the way out of UO entirely. That is why I would support this road - if there is one.

(edited to fix an embarrassing typo involving the word public)

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having never played Oceania, I can only offer this one comment:
Didn't they get a new EM about the same time we did?
If so, have you tried approaching the new one? It could be (if I'm right about him being new) that he doesn't know any of the histories and might try to do something if he did know. Just a thought.
If you have tried, then I'll shut up and go away for a few hours. Come to think of it, I'll do that anyway. Good night!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use both hubs depending on where I am and where I am going and I also use Baby Doll's New Magencia hub by the docks a lot.

AND.... I'd just like to say thanks to all the people who spend the time and resources to host a hub.

Also ... I don't see the Brit hub as anything but a nice service to the shard and not a slap at Kelmo or his hub. Kelmo's hub was never set up to handle people linking their private houses to his hub

But--

This thread started out as fun and has now degenerated (as usual) into another pissing contest.
I was in game the day the Britain hub began, hell it was my house after Chumlee gave it to me but I couldn't keep it going so I let it fall. So this was no pissing contest that was started by me. I'll leave it at that too...

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Seems like everyone else is chiming in, so I'll do the same.

For the record, Joline didn't ask me to request a road to the Britain hub. I knew she wanted something to let people (ok new people) know it was there since its off screen when you are at the Britain moon gate. Since I'm allowed to make a request to the King as the Governor of Britain, I figured it would be a nice improvement for Britain to have a road from the moon gate to the Britain Hub. It wasn't about showing a preference for a particular hub other than the fact that it is associated with my city. Had I been the governor of Umbra I would have requested a road to Kelmo's hub (although there's kind of one already going there). Had I been the Governor of New Magencia I would have requested a moon gate shaped like a giant Baby Doll statue to be placed right beside Baby Dolls hub. But I digress.

I'm of the opinion that the more hubs we have on Siege the better. I personally use Kelmo's and Baby Dolls hubs more than any other, but I use all of them at one time or another and I find them all to be a great asset to the shard. I actually use the Britain hub the least of any hub, but I will absolutely support it as long as its providing a service to my city and to the shard.

Thanks for listening
Starcon
Governor of Siege.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having never played Oceania, I can only offer this one comment:
Didn't they get a new EM about the same time we did?
If so, have you tried approaching the new one? It could be (if I'm right about him being new) that he doesn't know any of the histories and might try to do something if he did know. Just a thought.
If you have tried, then I'll shut up and go away for a few hours. Come to think of it, I'll do that anyway. Good night!
I gave up on Oceania, has been that way for years, getting bugger all. The fiasco with trying to get a player memorial up was the last straw on there for me. Having spent HOURS working with the then EM to get something going and having mesanna rock up and basically tearing down all the stuff the EM did with donations from the players was it. No constructive assistance ends up leaving a seriously bad taste in the mouth. This followed on from when the guys (I had zip to do with it) won the shard wide thunt thing and they were supposed to get some kinda plaque or something (similar to the way siege get's it plaque for void pool) and it took them two years of emails and requests to get it, not actually sure if they ever ended up with that either, would need to go look. It was always like that going back for years, even to when those 5 malas castles per shard was going on, when I think Oceania only got 1/5 issued. Can only take so much getting kicked in the teeth before you don't bother any more.