• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chests and Storage

Obuw

Visitor
Hello All,

I'm in the process of reorganizing my house, and I'd like to take a look at possible storage options, for sorting and distributing all our loot.

I'm looking for function over form. If any containers have a larger than regular UI, I could probably go for them. It's hard to tell if crates have a bigger or smaller storage space than chests for instance.

(I'm obviously talking about the "pixel size" of the open containers in the classic client, I know that all containers hold 125 items.)

It's also somewhat important that the containers should be easily clickable, especially when stacked. Otherwise, I could probably just go with a stack of pouches for storage and be done with it. :p

Being dyable is a bonus, as it helps me remember which chests are holding which items.

And finally, it would be a plus if it's possible to walk through the container, as it would prevent the annoying issues where you can't see the containers 2 spaces away because they are blocked by other containers.

So, I'd love to hear everyone's recommendations, and learn about how everyone stores their equipment.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use chests - both metal and wooden. They are engraved with a label of what is in them. I keep resources in about 6 of them ... BOD books in another few, etc. Engraving tools can be crafted. Off the top of my head I can't remember who makes what but someone in here should know.

Delores D

Journeyman
I use the wooden boxes for storage. They are dyable and you can stack at least 6 high. Tinker makes the metal engraving tools. Carpenter makes wood ones and tailor makes leather. The only containers that I know you can walk through are the pouches and bags. It is harder to stack and open those though.